Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you 'feel' like a boy or a girl? And where are you on the transgendered spectrum?

Do you 'feel' like a boy or a girl? And where are you on the transgendered spectrum?

Now people can just look down and see if they are a boy or a girl and think academically if I have this body I am a boy, if I have that body I am a girl. However for pre-transition transsexuals what they see they are and what they 'feel' or even 'know' they are may be at odds.

So do people in general 'feel' male or female? Do cis-gendered people feel they are the sex they are? Or do they lack any such feeling but are just happy being what they are?

So do you 'feel' like a boy or a girl? And where are you on the transgendered spectrum? Okay this website won't give many cis-gendered answers but at least you'll know what I'm talking about. Ask in most forums and I expect a response like WTF?

EDIT:

A few people have made the point that they don't want to be put under a label. This is understandable. My may main question was meant to be: Do you feel like a boy or a girl and the other part about the transgendered spectrum (though interesting) was mainly to put the answer in context i.e. if you feel you're cis-gendered or TS etc.
    Last edited by Andrea J; 09-23-2012 at 09:20 AM.

The short answer, girl. Long answer, defiantely girl.
    I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face, so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say. But I have this dream bright inside of me. No more hiding who I wanna be. This is me.

I don't use the "spectrum" Hon. I prefer not to be classified by other people. I'm just myself and my own person.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    I'm not sure what it is to "feel" like a woman because I've never been a woman to know. So, I suppose I feel like a male who enjoys presenting himself as a female when the opportunity arises.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I don't use the "spectrum" Hon. I prefer not to be classified by other people. I'm just myself and my own person.
    Bingo! .......................................
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Definity feel like a total woman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post

Good point. Though due to the question it is useful to know if you are a cis-gendered, TS etc.

If you want to create labels for yourself.... I'll lend you my old Dymo label maker!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    I reach down and feel my arm...... girl. I feel my legs.....girl. I feel my butt..... girl. I must be a girl!

Platinum Member
    if I were on the spectrum with red on one end and blue on the opposite end, I suppose I'd be somewhere in the bluish/purple area...a bit more to the female side of the spectrum

For all my life I had guy parts and so I only felt like a guy. (boy). Just a boy with "unusual"'interests. But for the last year after Jayne introduced herself to me, I have begun to discover what it's like to feel like a woman. And now I'm beginning to wonder if I ever really felt like a guy. I guess I'm not sure what it's like to feel like either one. But judging from my first 50 years of life, most people don't even think about it and never question whether they feel like one or the other. Unlike me that questions everything.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    If you want to create labels for yourself.... I'll lend you my old Dymo label maker!
    Seems like we HAVE to be classified Karr, whether we want to be or not. Evidently you and I never got that memo.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Hi Andrea, I'm all guy I just like to dress as a lady.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

all girl.... took me 29 years of torturing myself to see it i dont feel there is a spectrum... its either you know and once you begin to transition you know instantly if its right... or you know instantly that choice was wrong... and thus fail to continue your attempts at transitioning.

Because of how I was brought up, I feel like I'm supposed to be a girl, dress like a girl, and behave like a girl. But it's incongruent with how I think, how I communicate, how I experience and how I see the world, which is like a genetic male, which I am. Makes for an interesting life.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm not sure how I feel, but I certainly don't internally identify as male anymore.
    I recognize that I never should've been born male, and through therapy, I hope to discover if I can continue my life and be happy living as a male with feminine expression, or do I need to transition.

Confusing eh?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Andrea, I'm all guy I just like to dress as a lady.
    Since I am a male, and always have been, I have no idea what it is like to e a female! Nor do I care! Like Blue Orchid, I just like to dress as a lady!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    I reach down and feel my arm...... girl. I feel my legs.....girl. I feel my butt..... girl. I must be a girl!
    Marleena reaches down and feel between her legs. Oops.. something wrong here!
    Last edited by Marleena; 09-20-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: clarification

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I really like being a guy -- perfectly fine with it. I just like dressing up sometimes, too.

My "spectrum" changes constantly. When I'm watching sports or drinking with my buds, I'm the manliest of manly men. But when I dress up, I can sometimes really feel like a girly girl. There are times I wish I was a woman, and other times I'm glad I'm not. There really is no constant here.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    ...I feel like I'm supposed to be a girl, dress like a girl, and behave like a girl...
    Those feelings are definitely something I can identify with.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    My issues were that when I looked at myself in the mirror I couldn't tell if I was boy or girl, I felt like a girl and having been born with a micro - penis I almost looked like a girl but that small sac convinced my parents that I must be a boy, and being born in the 60's a son was very important, latter I had what I was told at age 10 was hernia surgery was actually a radical hysterectomy, I finally got my medical records from the Navy. So you see there really is no one or the other choice.
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-20-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: TMI

I am a crossdressing transexual. I was once just a crossdresser now that one year of fully dressing has gone by I have moved further down the spectrum. I am a girl that looks like a boy sometimes. I look like a girl (gurl) some times to. I am working on looking like a girl all the time with out skirts and dresses and heels. It is a little hard to pick out clothes that seem a bit small but if as a guy I wear a XL I try it as a girl and it is a bit tight. I have to find just the right balance. But still I am wearing girl clothes that I love. I began disliking my boy self as others did surely. I love my purse and I carry it every where. Friends and non friends started to call me names because of my purse. Then the dressing feeling started to spill out of me even when I wasn't dressed. Now I have to dress in girl clothes to feel right and yes that where I should have been all along. I can't go back. I can't.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J
    Do you 'feel' like a boy or a girl? And where are you on the transgendered spectrum?
    [SIZE="2"]I feel like a boy. I AM a boy. I do not "register" on the transgendered spectrum. I was born a boy, grew up as a boy, and I remain a boy when I wear female clothing. There is no gender displacement, just a change of clothes. Oh, I can daydream as a girl, but I can only manage an abstract construction of what I imagine a girl COULD feel like. How would I know? I’m a boy
    [/SIZE]

I have the same views as, Frederique, Blue Orchid and Sissy Stephanie.
    All man but The art of posing as a female is challenging.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.