Thread: female voice

female voice

Being that i have repressed this side of me for so long. I've been that "manly man" and hid any female tendancies. How do you do a female voice without sounding cartoonish?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been a crossdresser for over 60 years, and have never been able to develope anything near to a feminine voice!! But I have reached a point where I don't really care. I am a man who likes to wear feminine clothes! So what? It is my body and I can clothes it the way I like as long as I am decently covered!! My voice doesn't count!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    I try to speak a little softer or "lighter" than usual and that seems to work fine in public. I don't have a naturally deep voice by any stretch. I've always sounded a bit like a 14 year old, so there's no need for theatrics when it comes to vocalizing.

I speak in a soft husky voice and this works for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Try Kathe Perez exercises. You can find examples on Youtube. Some girls got impressive voices (you can hear them "then and now").

Janet

I've been reading a lot of books on voice for actors. There's a lot of stuff there I never even thought about, like the different parts of your body (head, chest and larynx) that are vibrating to make different tones, and how to exercise the voice and extend its range. I reasoned that if I want to change my voice I have to understand how it works first.