Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You might not consider this a CDing question.

I have had a lesbian friend in high school and a gay co-worker currently.

Silver Member
    All that I have met. I don't usually ask someone thier sexual preference, nor have I every thought to keep track of that statistic. Curious, what nember is the right answer? I do know 5 redheaded people if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    If people are not both willing AND able to step up to the plate when and if asked THE question, then you deserve to stay locked in your closet.
    Not sure why you think it necessary to make blanket statements like that. Some people on this forum live in places where the authorities, will jail or execute them for "stepping up to the plate."

To answer your original question, I "know", maybe 4-6 Homosexual or Bi people. In that they have talked about or introduce their partner, or discussed their preference. I've come to understand that something like a dozen or so at work are pretty much definitely Bi or Gay, but it doesn't impact me, or affect their work, who cares?

To quote a climber friend, a girl came up to him once the first time they climbed in the same group, and said "My name is so-snd-so, I'm Lesbian"

He just looked at her puzzled for a second, and replied "Can you Belay?"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Less than I used to, as many of my generation came out in the 70's in the heady days of gay sex has no disease. Many succumbed to AIDs.
    Its not really something that comes up at work or socially unless its a group that is known to be accepting. A co-worker who is "an out gay men" started treating me differently when I dropped the name of a late freind and lover who passed from AIDs.
    I know AIDs is not just a gay disease, its just a nasty STD that affects everyone. Be careful with your love.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

i know all the gay people in the America's. Or does it just seem that way? .......dana

How many GAY people do you know?
    you mean personally or in passing or when I am out in a bar or when I am at a bath house or when I am at the PRIDE parade...

I will say 24. Is that close?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    Can the OP give us a hint as to what the right answer is? Please.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You are right I don't consider this a CDing question.
    Not saying its aliens but it might be aliens.

Banned Read only
    In a minute or so, my count was 21. Therefore I would guess that the true number is more like 40. This includes gay men, lesbians and bisexuals of both sexes. All are people that I know to be gay because they have either told me directly or we have attended gay functions. In 63 years, I don't believe that I have ever asked anyone.

All the people I can think of have all appeared to be pretty regular people; nothing outlandish or over the top. And, that speaks to a common misconception. Many in the population at large believe that we are all hair dressers or interior designers (speaking about gay men specifically). Lesbians all dress in jeans and flannel shirts. Regardless of the reality, this is what many people think. Fortunately the truth is that we tend to act and look like anyone else. People just use this as an excuse to marginalize us.

Why does this thread irritate me so much?...Is it because it's totally irrelevant to this forum or is it that the originator has some bizzare agenda?

If people are not both willing AND able to step up to the plate when and if asked THE question, then you deserve to stay locked in your closet.
    Ok, it's 37! Please don't hurt me

I have a cousin and three friends that I know of.

Silver Member
    I have certainly met plenty of gay people through my work etc. I know a number of people well personally who would be classified as gay or bi, but all of them are also trans.