Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do you really?

Why do you really?

Okay, so we are crossdressers, that much is a "given", but why do many of us go to such great pains to emulate a woman by going the whole nine yards and getting dolled up to the "nines"? I'm sure the answers to this question will be various and sundry. If you do some true introspection though, the motivations may surprise you. I do it mostly for myself and since to me it's an art form, I do the best job I can. I did have to admit to myself on thinking about it, however, that I do like to be noticed, even if in a subtle way by onlookers(both men and women). How do you all see it?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm not emulating anybody. I am simply me.

Well my goal is to look as much like a woman as I can. I have always been a girl on the inside and after so many years of looking like a guy I really enjoy when I can look feminine for a change. I would be that way all the time if I could. I just feel complete when I look into a mirror and see a lady staring back.

I don't present, but I do like to dress up as much as possible. I know I look pretty silly in the mirror, but inside I feel pretty and feminine.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    When i started a year ago I had no intention of going full en femme, and was only dressing because it felt satisfying. As i went on, I found that there was something in me that wanted to be seen, by me. Now I know I dress because it is me, and that part of me has her look. Her look must be as different from him as is possible, so i dress to the nines to satisfy her. As time progresses she is more and more satisfied with the more normal female attire and minimal enhancements.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I agree with "almostalady" & "Barbara" I don,t emulate anybody, I do it for myself and only to satisfy myself. But wish I could dress all the time.

I am going to try and find some references for this, but I don't think it's an effort to "look feminine" more so than it's an effort to align with what seemingly is a more natural state of being.

Out there in nature, there are things that are "attractive" and there are things that are attracted. For example, flowers compete for the attention of bees because the bees are life for flowers. Without the bees, the flowers couldn't live. So they somehow have adapted so the prettiest, most pollen-laden flowers get all of the attention.

Some of us have been thrown into this simulation as bees, but we really wish we were flowers for whatever the reason. Some of us only want to know what it's like to be flowers for a little while and some want to always be a flower.

Extending the metaphor, I don't feel like I am trying to be a woman so much as I a have some need to attract. The makeup, the hair, the perfume (oh, the perfume) etc. all are cultural extensions of attraction at least here in the western world.

Plus each time we add a little more to the experience, we're getting closer to that state even if it's temporary.

Biologically, I am sure adding new things enhances a dopamine or serotonin releases in our brains triggering the sense of calm and pleasure we derive from the process as well. After all, putting on eye makeup (for example) was so exciting and new the first time.

It doesn't bring the same sense of excitement it used to so at some level, I think we add on to that...now eye makeup and plucked brows, or false lashes or whatever to extend the "reward" in the brain.

Ultimately, the "reward" is a state of natural fulfillment for me. Others may have different experiences but I think that's the reason.

After all, life expands and grows until nature pushes back. I think it's 100% natural to grow the female inside as long as conditions are favorable for growth!

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

I guess, to be honest, I like the idea that I might be someone that could be lusted after. It's a feeling I haven't had in drab in a very long time.
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    I'm not emulating anybody. I am simply me.

Not me ,,I emulate Tracy G ,,, She is my Heroin ,,, See I didn't say Hero,,,,, Im getting there to ,,,, Ask her ,,,LOL,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

My answers is and always will be... "I have no idea why" and don't care either..... just something I'm driven to do...... if I had my choice I wouldn't do it..... but I just have to......... plain and simple....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just because. I don't look fem and never will. Like I've said before.... I want to "touch my fem side"

I do it for the wonderful feeling of calm that comes when I am dressed. I just feel right when I am wearing female clothes. I cannot explain it and quit trying a long time ago. I'm sure that there is something on a deep level that should be analyzed but again I don't care why anymore, I just need to do it.

EllenJo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

There is either a man or a woman to present, nothing half way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Not me ,,I emulate Tracy G ,,, She is my Heroin ,,, See I didn't say Hero,,,,, Im getting there to ,,,, Ask her ,,,LOL,,,
    You are emulating me ?
    Hunny you look better than I do you spinky little hottie.

My SO experiences a duality in gender attributes & preferences. S/he has over the years come to feel who s/he is all the time, no matter how dressed. But a part of this is a certain aesthetic of attractiveness that can't be attained just by remaining in guy mode. He simply doesn't feel as if he is attractive as he can be in guy mode. Nor does he like body hair, unlike most men. Getting all dolled up enables her to feel as pretty as she can once in a while, just like I do when I go all out sometimes.
    Reine

Only do makeup when going out. Never do it at home. I feel that it is a necessary evil when going out in public. I really do not enjoy makeup. The dressing on the other hand, Love it.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I've got to complete the picture -- there's absolutely nothing redeeming about my fat guy head perched over an otherwise lovely outfit. It's all or nothing for me.

For me it has been it something i also don't get at times. But as time has went on i have wanted needed or desired to try more and more to look or feel like a women
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    I guess I'm in the minority here. It's purely sexual for me. I dress in the image of what is sexy to me.

Miriam
    It's really a practical matter for me if I want to avoid full-time confinement while dressed en femme. I must have an appearace that won't attract undue attention, and that involves clothing, makeup, and wig that at least leave enough doubt in others minds that they won't call me out on it. For me, sexiness has nothing to do with it.

My wife has been of immense help in helping me to achieve this level, as well as in giving me the courage to make it happen.

Miriam

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, When I get dressed I try to dress and look as good as I can I don't want
    to just see a guy in a skirt and heels looking back at me in the mirror.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It's really straightforward for me: As time goes on I seem to become more and more bigendered. Tina is really her own person and my wife and I want to understand her, so she acts as she does on the spur of the moment. That might mean jeans and a blouse with a lighter makeup, or it might mean a more "serious" makeup and a similar change in clothing. I can't predict when I'm in boy mode what Tina will do, as strange as that may seem to many of you. It's really interesting to watch Tina's whims! Makes for interesting conversations after I return to boy mode

I really do not try to pass per se, I just like to look a certain way, and unfortunately for me that way is "feminine". I really do not try to pass as a female any more, and only did so in the past for the groups I was with. Hell even when attending Rocky Horror even when in a shiny black spandex mini dress, hose, heels, wig and makeup, I never tried to act "feminine" I just acted like me.

I actually spook myself how close I get to being feminine.

I just like the look, and the clothes.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    My answers is and always will be... "I have no idea why" and don't care either..... just something I'm driven to do...... if I had my choice I wouldn't do it..... but I just have to......... plain and simple....

I'm with Karen. No idea why, but if I could cleanse it from my brain I would in a heart beat. But I can't and it is who I am. So I go with it. I enjoy it. My incredible Wife enjoys me doing it and going out to places with me. So why not. I don't dress up every time we go out so she get's the man, 75% and sometimes the woman 25%. We have fun with it . But I would still cleanse it from my brain if I could.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why do I work so hard to mimic women I find attractive? Because I CAN!

And, because looking in my mirror, IT'S WORTH IT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!