Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today, I heard for the first time, "What r u, one of those crossdressers?"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Today, I heard for the first time, "What r u, one of those crossdressers?"

While shopping in drab in a large Goodwill, of all places! I had stopped after doing some plumbing repairs. I was dressed very grubby wearing my stash and beard.
    I wouldn't have gone into a dept. store like that. And, folks that know me will tell u I'm pretty shameless in drab!

Anyway, I was walking thru the ladies shoe racks. A lady was looking at red shoes as I walked by glancing at them. "Do u like red shoes", she asked? I gave her my standard reply, "Yes, but rarely find them in my size". Generally, that ends the conversation. Not with this one, tho. "What r u, one of those crossdressers", said she? I replied, "Yes I am. How could u tell?" And, she says, "U must be a pervert." I was about to straighten her out on what most CDs r really like. But, she was about 20' away, grabbed a pair of shoes off the rack and tossed them on the floor in my direction. Then, she commented, "Perverts like to shop here!" As she tossed another pair of flats at me. At that point, I thot it best to disengage ASAP. So, I thanked her but explained I didn't wear flats because of a bad back. She said flats were all she wore and I should buy those 2 pairs because they were "so cute". Ew! Flats, cute? I didn't think so!

What's interesting is in my 14+ years shopping in 2nd hand stores, I've had many chats with folks as I looked at and purchased ladies things. Always in drab. Never once has anyone suggested I mite be a CD before! Even if I said the things were for me, they didn't believe it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

As the crossdressing world turns.................. I can not see my self in flats either.
    Last edited by Davena Doll; 09-21-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Banned Read only
    You did the wise thing to disengage. W(B)itches like that will never shut up. All I would see is escalation.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pervert too huh?
    I would have said me a perv? Prove it by explaining how you came to that conclusion?

I think she might have been hitting on you;-)

I'd like to think that I would know how to reply to a comment such as this but at the end of the day, I think I'd be like the AFLAC Duck after listening to Yogi Berra. You did the best you could in the heat of the moment. Hindsight is 20/20 as to what we could have, should have, would have done.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Okay, so they were flats. But were they your size and would they be considered cute if you wore flats?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

In another thread, a female bus driver yelled at a CDer for "lying" to her by using a modified voice. Seems she could accept freedom of expression with a male wearing feminine clothes and makeup, but the idea of "pretending" to be a woman by modifying a voice was a big no-no and not as God intended, according to her.

There must be something in the water.

I'm sorry this happened to you Sherry. Thankfully, this doesn't happen every day.
    Reine

Crossdresser
    So she was s-h-o-e-i-n-g you away?

Sorry, both for the bad pun and the way some lowlife treated you. I have to remind myself when going to bargain priced places that I can run into all kinds of people there. Sure would be nice to shop high ends places only

Further to Reinee's comment, "It must be that time of the month."
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It took 14+ years in 2nd hand stores to run into one wacko? That's better odds than I would have thought there would be! Clearly the lady was a little, uh, unhinged,

I'm sorry you ran into that situation, but I think the bright side was the way you so cooly handled it. A shining example of the way it should be done.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Good for you for not letting it escalate. Her ignorance is frightening. LilSissyStevie might be right - could have been her middle school-way of hitting on you.

How bizarre! I'm left with an odd mix of emotions, and I wasn't even there!

I am amazed, shocked and sorry this happened to you. I cannot believe someone would actually confront someone like that with no previous interaction. This is one of the amazingly rude people that need to try to shame and ridicule people because they don't fit into their view of how things "should" be.
    I think you handled that as well as you could.

I am not surprised. When I shop (in drab), most people ignore me or are friendly, but there are those rare few who look disgusted, even though I could legitimately be shopping for a wife, girlfriend, daughter etc. Has a man ever looked at a woman in the men's section with disgust? Of course not. They're there as often as men are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Pervert too huh?
    I would have said me a perv? Prove it by explaining how you came to that conclusion?

Us Dam Perverts can't catch a break ,,, Heyyyyyyyyy,,,,,,,, I wear flats ,,,,,, Tracy dont she 5' tall ,,,, She wears flats she looks like a girl ,,,LOL,,,,Little School girl !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I guess I might have a shoe perversion...lol

Perhaps she was trying to hit you with the shoes and had a lousy aim?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Read only
    Well it just goes to show you, some people will be accepting of crossdressers, and others not. And still other people will be just plain crazy.

Chalk it up to bumping into a wierdo. She's probably one of those crazies you see in public places from time to time that talks out loud and is making no sense.

I guess I would rather be a perverted crossdresser than a rude ugly mean old person like that.

if i am out dressed and i ever get "bad chat" the best way i find to deal with narrow minded pepole like that is i say something like

"you are only jelous as i look better than you " that normmaly works well..

on a nite out some time ago i got a girl come up to me and started to greif me then tryed to start a argeument about me dressing .. i said something like "Who are you to tell me what i should wear" then walked off as did not want to lose my temper and ruin my otherwise good nite...Grrrrr

most girls complemt me and are nice and ask questions witch i love but you allways get one that.....

SO annoying and the strange thing men dont generally bother me , but just the women.. why is that?
    Why is Dyslexia such a hard word to spell !

If asked if I am a crossdresser I would reply...."yes are you?"

What a horrid (expletive deleted)! It's amazing how rude some people can be. And to have an opinion that crossdressers are all perverts.......like Sara said. AFLAC duck listening to Yogi. One day she should meet a real pervert. However, I take solace in the knowledge that I can pity her for her lack of intelligence, while I can be secure that mine is intact. Tell her she must be royalty......she's obvioulsy Baron of Gray Matter.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

The world is going to hell in a hand basket isn't it? It's unbelievable that this woman couldn't just mind her own business and go about her own shopping and pretend to be civil.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!