Thread: internet dating-be a man

internet dating-be a man

I've been looking at a mainstream dating site, not presenting at all as melissa and in fact, not even mentioning anything about her and when I read a lot of the profiles from the women on there, a lot of them specify that they are looking for a "manly man" or a "man's man" or someone who knows how to "be a man".
    I'm not sure what they mean exactly but I guess having melissa along for the ride (in some capacity, even if she's way in the background), I probably dont meet their criteria? Or at least a key component of what they are looking for. Even though I try to be kind, respectful, I dont put down others to make myself feel better, I dont drink or smoke and I just generally try to treat others how I would like to be treated and subscribe to the "live and let live" school of thought but I'm not a particulary "manly man" I guess (not really feminine or effeminate either-whichever word works for you)

Melissa

It seems a lot of women (I ain't gonna say "most") want a man who acts "like a man" and wonder why the so called "manly man" they got treats them like crap and when he changes for her and starts treating them better and acting more gentle and caring toward them, they then wonder what happened to the "man" they fell in love with and they leave the one who now treats them well for someone who treats them like crap again. Or so it seems...
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It seems to be a trend for women to pick guys that treat them like dirt.Why they like this is beyond me.Self esteem must be on the decline.
    Case in point I'm a nice guy caring,thoughtful and respective and have two ex wives.LOL.
    I do have a GF now that is very open and accepting of my female side and I treat her with respect always.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-22-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Tiffany, So sad, but true, in this cruel world. I am 58, still alone.

It's a lot of hard work trying to fulfill some woman's fantasy of a "manly man". Much easier to be yourself and not putting up some front to find a woman.I've found that many sincere women just want you to be yourself. Usually the easiest way is the best.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My girlfriend wants someone who is first and foremost her best friend and secondly will treat her with love and respect. She's got that with me. There are plenty of women out there for whom macho posturing does nothing. Don't change who you are for anyone.
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

A traditional role for men is being a protector and bread winner. Women have become much better at getting better jobs, but still want someone to protect them. Similar to the way women are compared to supermodels, men are compared to heroes in movies. A guy that wants to dress as a woman just doesn't measure up to this ideal.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    A traditional role for men is being a protector and bread winner. Women have become much better at getting better jobs, but still want someone to protect them. Similar to the way women are compared to supermodels, men are compared to heroes in movies. A guy that wants to dress as a woman just doesn't measure up to this ideal.
    IMO that is basically it .

Many (most?) men want feminine women just like many women want masculine men . It's how most people biologically wired and there is nothing wrong with that .
    Having said that, there are also women who like somewhat efeminate men so, there is someone for everyboddy.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-22-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Trust me, you wouldn't want to be anywhere near those women even if you were 100% Straight. I occasionally look at dating sites like Plenty of Fish, and my impression is that the women who specify they want a Man's Man usually also say they love motorcycles. Always a Harley Davidson, of course. :-)) There is a definite burly (read big belly), Sons of Anarchy/ ZZ Top, leather vest, waist length beard, and leather boots image that a certain type of American woman thinks is macho. To reiterate, you wouldn't want to be anywhere near those women anyway!
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 09-22-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: literary and artistic concerns :-)

After all of my years and getting to know many types of women, the only thing that is a commonality amongst them is that they all don't *exactly* know what they want until they get it. Just go out with them and let them see if they like you or not and stop thinking about it.

Truth is, a lot of us men really are not sure what we want either. It is scary today.

Women are sooo stupid, aren't they?
    “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

Mary Anne Radmacher

Banned Read only
    Vuman,Go get me beer and rub my feet. Then make me food to eat.
    I don't want to hear your voice until I call you

Thera

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    Women are sooo stupid, aren't they?
    Max, There are GG's here

Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    It seems to be a trend for women to pick guys that treat them like dirt.Why they like this is beyond me.Self esteem must be on the decline.
    Case in point I'm a nice guy caring,thoughtful and respective and have two ex wives.LOL.
    I do have a GF now that is very open and accepting of my female side and I treat her with respect always.

Yea thats what they like ,,,, An complain later ,,, He don't want to go with me anywhere ,, WE Never do nothing together ,,Wish I had some one who cares about me an wants to go an do things I want ! Woman stuff ,,, WHAT !! You want to dress like WHAT ? OHHHHHHHHH NO YOU DON'T ,,, Catch 22 ,,,LOL,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Yea thats what they like ,,,, An complain later ,,, He don't want to go with me anywhere ,, WE Never do nothing together ,,Wish I had some one who cares about me an wants to go an do things I want ! Woman stuff ,,, WHAT !! You want to dress like WHAT ? OHHHHHHHHH NO YOU DON'T ,,, Catch 22 ,,,LOL,,,
    I think my wife has a sister out there

Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Thera Home View Post
    I think my wife has a sister out there

Thera

Hell my wife don't care ,,,, Wouldn't do her any good ,,,, She Married a NUT ,,, An I will die a NUT !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I must be at the wrong site. This seems like the men's club with a lot of woman bashing going on. I know some of it is in jest, but really guys....or is it girls?
    For every dumb, stupid, ignorant woman in the world, there is at least 3 men that make those women look smart and intelligent.

Back on topic........
    As for women that choose the guys that seem macho to them and end up being hurt by them, it's mostly due to the guys lies, deceit and con to get her into bed. Once he tires of her, he treats her bad. Sadly for some the length of that relationship last for about a night.
    If you are serious about finding a woman that can and will accept your crossdressing, you need to first show her the man you are and let her see you for what everyone else sees you as in the real world of work and other activities other then you fem side. Let her get to know you, trust you, like you as a man. Then and only then maybe she can deal with your fem side. You need to decide what's more important to you, the need or desire to dress, or having a loving relationship with a woman. What a manly man, or what they mean by a man that knows how to be a man, is different for every woman. It's only natural that they want a manly man. Just as natural as it is for me to want a womanly woman. Now if she has a tomboy side, can bait her own hook, handle a screw driver and wrenches and not afraid to get dirty, all the better. So maybe to some of the women that say those things mentioned in the original OP, are as flexible with what they are looking for.