Thread: Having dressing WITHDRAWALS!!!!! BAD!!!!

Having dressing WITHDRAWALS!!!!! BAD!!!!

I haven't been able to dress since last Tuesday and I've had the urge like never before over the past week. The worst of it is that I won't be able to dress until next Tuesday and it's killing me. The good news is that I got a new pair of shoes today and I ordered several new outfits so I can't wait to get them.

How do you deal with time away from dressing?

Miriam
    I just find something else that's important to me. Time with family. Work. Home projects. Charity work. Chocolate. ...

Not me ,,,I don't know how ya do it ? That would drive me Crazy ,,, The worse thing you can tell me is DON'T DO IT !!! Guess what ? I will do it ,,,Regardless of the trouble I get into ,,,Thats just me !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Gina girl! That sounds like no fun at all! I wish I had some advice for you! All I can say is do what I do! STAY DRESSED ALL THE TIME!
    sorry! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

gina? why cant you dress?

Your not alone I too cant

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nonsense! Replace dressing with gardening or a social commitment? Isn't that a bit like a band aid on a broken leg?

Gina, I find the only cure for the dressing urge is; DRESSING! The other nite it was very late and I couldn't sleep thinking about something for Halloween I wanted to try on. My teen daughter was in the house, sleeping? I latched my bedroom door and tried it on. Dropped rite off to sleep after!

Funny thing. Once I gave myself permission to dress whenever I want to, I don't want to nearly as often!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I TRY and wait patiently.
    Very frustrating usually.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Days? I usually have bad withdraws but its usually like a month or 2 up to 3 of not dressing. I had a breakdown last time I couldn't dress. It literally was like 6 months. I was depressed "alot"...but i'm feeling better now. trying to dress once a week.. seems to keep me balanced.. but sometimes life is a little more important. home repairs.. children,, etc..

Aspiring Member
    In a drought over here too due to family obligations. And for me the full moon makes the urge even stronger.

Oh well as Clint once said mans gotta know his limitations.

I get that withdrawal thing too when. And thats even when I do get to where some undergarments. I just keep trying to find other things to pass the time, and shopping is always a good answer for that... no... no it's not... not at all... ...I'm going shopping! lol
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

Platinum Member
    Hi Gina, That happens to me everytime that we go on vacation.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

i know the feeling hun when you are in a position where you cant do it it makes you want to do it all the more ! Hope you enjoy your new outfits

Personally I come to this site and read others.... I too am having withdrawals. Figured I would have a crown and coke and deal with it.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Gina, That happens to me everytime that we go on vacation.
    My wife and I are leaving tomorrow morning for a week long vacation. My wife said "You can't bring your boobs." Well, I already figured that although if I had a wig and she was on board, it might have been a chance to go out where nobody would recognize either of us (a festival in a big city).

I'll be wearing my Ahh Bra and panties but otherwise male the entire time. I'll miss my boobs and I'll miss the dressing time, but it's a vacation, a time to have fun even if it's "other fun".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I pretty much have to be sick and stay home alone to be able to dress.. talk about depressing.. i am alone today tho and that make me feel a million time better already. I can narrow it down to 5-6x a years so let me tell you.. most of you are not too bad if its only a week until you can be you again dressed.

I think we all know what dressing withdrawl feels like and different time spans affect people differently. However I have a very full life and dressing is just part of it. I always have on panties and often pantyhose and a cami under my shirt that works just fine for in between times. Since I always have plenty of other things to do I just get busy and it passes. When I do have a day to myself and set aside for dressing it feels even better.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by marym View Post
    I just find something else that's important to me. Time with family. Work. Home projects. Charity work. Chocolate. ...
    Yeah! except chocolate is near the top of my list! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GinaM View Post
    I haven't been able to dress since last Tuesday and I've had the urge like never before over the past week. The worst of it is that I won't be able to dress until next Tuesday and it's killing me. The good news is that I got a new pair of shoes today and I ordered several new outfits so I can't wait to get them.

Last fall we invited my mother come and stay while she recovered from cancer surgery. She was here from October until May, and I was unable to go anywhere in femme mode except for the master bedroom.

I just concentrated on helping her get on her feet, and focused on my family. It was really hard for a multitude of reasons, not just because I couldn't dress up and go out.

Trust me with a full house and maybe getting an hour or so of alone time, I do not get to dress for months(longest was almost a year) at a time. I usually let the hair grow, including my beard and nothing feels better than taking the man off and dressing up. I have learned to appreciate my dress up time and not hate it like I did when I was younger when I would purge everything.

Quote Originally Posted by GinaM View Post
    Since I've been wearing only panties for the last 7 years I'm never "away". Most of my non-work clothing is female anyway so for me it's just a matter of hair and makeup and I'm done.
    When I was still in the closet I tried to occupy my time with other activities to keep from getting tense and anxious to dress. If I went for too long it made me irritable and agitated and others noticed but didn't know what the cause was. It was a struggle so I can certainly sympathize.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    I'm having a bit of a dry spell myself......but I've gotten alot of stuff done around the house that needed to be done.....
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    I too can't dress anytime I want. My SO does not know and would not welcome me being a CD. I know it's not the best of situations, but that's life. I have my time alone when I work from home and can dress for most of the day like I did today in my new dress and shoes. Felt wonderful. Taking a business trip with all my dresses and plan on dressing as much as possible and going out, a little. I was thinking the mall would be the best place to walk around and window shop.

Having to wait is a killer, but makes the dressup time that much better when it gets there.