Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working Out

Working Out

I've been working out to lose wait, but whenever I do strength training (like lifting weights) I tend to bulk up a lot. I'm already kind of chubby, and want to lose weight so that I fit better into clothes, and feel better about myself, and just be healthier.

I was just wondering what kind of activities everyone else likes to do to stay fit

What you need is some cardio and dieting. I ride bike, and I'm constantly walking all day for work. The only exercises I do are for toning(belly and butt) which you don't really need any weights for.

An aerobic lifestyle keeps ya fit w/o muscle build up. Running/walking outdoors, using treadmills or stairclimbing machines etc. Ya know...even just fast walking for 20 - 30 mins 2x/day, everyday, will get ya fit in a couple/few months. That alone will change your appetite and make you naturally less junk food craving. But I don't follow any diet or anything. The key is to just do it even when you don't want to. Walking to the beat of a good iPod music mix that starts w/slower songs then faster ones is fun. It's amazing what happens if you're religious about it. Once I actually weighed 240 lbs (several years ago) now I'm 169 have a flat tummy, nice ass, great stamina and can wear the latest fashions.
    Last edited by Annaliese2010; 09-27-2012 at 06:59 PM.

With last winter being so mild I got back in to running, which I had gotten away from for a few years. I discovered the local bike and hike trail, and try to get out 3 times a week, running about 16 miles/week. There is so little traffic on the trail in the mornings that I can run wearing women's running shorts or running capris and a woman's t-shirt or tank top, along with my forms, and not be overly concerned about being outed. The few people that I do pass have gotten accustomed to seeing me run like this.

I've set a new goal, to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) before I turn 60. I'm shooting for running in the 2014 Gay Games, which will be held almost in my back yard. While losing weight is not one of my main goals, it is a side benifit, as I've lost 17 lbs in the past 6 months.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Do only cardio and if you can do it first time in the morning, on an empty stomach and no less than 1 hour. That way you will burn fat and muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    I've set a new goal, to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) before I turn 60. I'm shooting for running in the 2014 Gay Games, which will be held almost in my back yard. While losing weight is not one of my main goals, it is a side benifit, as I've lost 17 lbs in the past 6 months.
    Maybe this will help you:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...n-for-marathon
    Last edited by Saffron; 09-27-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    "I'm not sure. But I'll never know unless I give it a shot."

Banned Read only
    Get a bike. Log miles. Weight falls off

Yea am make sure you lock it up !!! Or yull be like me ,,,Bike-Less ,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Get a bike. Log miles. Weight falls off
    In my opinion & experience, swiming or running is better. Of course you can do running & biking
    "I'm not sure. But I'll never know unless I give it a shot."

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Yea am make sure you lock it up !!! Or yull be like me ,,,Bike-Less ,,,,
    The papparazzi took your bike so they could photograph you while out searching for your bike (like Pee Wee)

To answer the original question... for me, I ride my bike (alot)
    Last edited by Cindy M; 09-27-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added Junk
    ​Cindy

I'm in a program now that stresses slow eating, eating only enough to fill your stomach (it's about the size of a loose fist), eating only when actually hungry (for me that's twice a day now), and walking. Now I'm losing 1-2 lbs. a week, and overall, average 3 inches a week.

Have a bike as the some of the others here , cycle when I get chance and it will keep me fit and does wonders the legs ..!!

also I uphill as well as flat terrain as that does make a big difference to the stamina levels.
    Last edited by StephineUK; 09-27-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Why is Dyslexia such a hard word to spell !

Platinum Member
    Hi Koko, For me and my dog we like to walk.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Koko,

A couple of things that I do that could help you:

1. Core core core! I do a lot of ab and core work at least 3 times a week. That strength in the core helps my balance considerably (especially in tall heels), and the slimming around the waist (and the strength) is really helping my figure.

2. I would suggest a personal trainer or a training partner. We work with a personal trainer who is aware that I want to change my body shape. She is helping me with lots of core, hip, fanny and of course cardio. If you're not open to telling an instructor (or if you don't want to) at least tell them you're looking for tone over bulking up, and that you want to make your waist as small as possible.

3. Can you join an aerobics or yoga class? There are occasionally a few men in our small workout group (usually 5 to 8 people) and the women in the group love it when they are there. There's nothing wrong about having a full body training strategy, no one would suspect a thing. Seriously.

4. Stretching is good for all sorts of reasons!

5. If you want to do weight training, tone over bulk means high reps, and low weight. Sets of many over small, heavy weights will add tone vs. bulk.

I hope some of this helps!

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

I'm glad everyone responded!
    Eating habits are hard cause I can only eat whatever there is in the cafeteria, though I've decided to get parfets and not like pancakes or something. We have a nice pool and a rock climbing wall here so I was going to use both of those (but I fell asleep on accident today). If I'm able to lose some weight I might even be able to get my hands on a full outfit and take some pics because i'll be more confident in myself.
    Thanks again for responding, Koko

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I ride a stationary bike 50 minutes a day at least six days a week; work out with dumbells on alternate days. I keep a food and fitness log to track my calories. With this and careful portion control, I have lost about 60 pounds since last March; I hope to lose about 50 more. I eat pretty much anything I want, just careful how much -- but you learn to prioritize your calories and eat more things with greater nutritional value. And it gets you used to living this way, which is key to maintaining a healthier weight over a long period of time.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I would replace some of your food portions with more green and yellow vegetables, do cardio every day (preferably before you eat anything), and take every opportunity you get add more exercise in your daily routine (e.g. taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking on the far side of the parking lot and walking further etc) . Lastly, IMO time and adherence are the keys to success.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I am ashamed to say I don't workout as much as I used to, which was about two mile runs every day, I got a spin bike which I promised my self I use every day but my working schedule has change, I now work 12.5 hr shift at night, I am on my feet working hard almost the entire time and when I get home I am exhausted and don't go near exercise equipment, I do however stay away from meat as much as my schedule permits, I was full vegetarian till it became too hard due to lack of time, if you are able to cut red meat and chicken completely out of your diet you will be surprise how much easier it is to keep weight off, good luck.

I have been very active most of my life, but CDing has totally changed my approach to fitness. First of all, it is a huge motivator for me to stay fit. Secondly I work toward very specific results--slimmer upper body and thicker in the legs and butt. I alternate between cardio (mostly running). 3-5 miles at a mellow pace will burn fat. To bulk up down below, I do weight training with the machines that target the large muscle groups in the buttocks and thighs. It takes a lot of time, but I dig the results.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

I figured something out. All I eat are meats, poultry, fish, dairy and carbs. I hate vegetables >_<. Corn on the cob is good, but not off the cob. I joined the swimming club and the martial arts club at my school, that should help.

Eat more vegetables, ride a bike and take up running.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I ride a bike at the local YMCA 3 or 4 times a week. At my age and my health conditions, my doctor does not want me to do the weight machines!! I also do sit-ups, pushups, and leg raises to help my body!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    Sex is the answer! If your putting on weight, your not having enough sex.

for me its is walking the dog evry night for about an hour, siwmming rideing bike, hitting punching bag or low wieght lifting

low wieght lifting help with tone with out bulking up
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Diet and Exercise! Dietand Exercise! Diet and Exercise!

You cannot lose weight until you start burning more calories than you consume. Unfortunately, it's very hard to do. We are pre-programmed to get fat. Our species developed in a seven fat years and seven lean years fashion, and the person who was able to retain fat from the good times against the bad times was better off.

Remember that almost every calorie which you intake as liquid is junk: Pop, beer, iced tea, fruit juice, and even Gatorade and its ilk, are full of sugar unless they're specifically labeled sugar free.

Try avoiding bread products made with processed flour, which converts easily to sugar in your body.

Try calorie counting for a while, and it might help. A pound of fat represents 3500 calories. In order to gain ten pounds all you have to do is eat 100 more calories a day than you burn. For example, an extra cup of coffee with cream and sugar every day equals at least ten pounds a year. Or, and this is shocking, an extra slice of white bread toast with a spoonful of margarine and a spoonful of jelly is about 150 calories, which equals fifteen pounds a year.

You can lift weights if you remember to do your "Pushaways" at meal times. Push away that platter with the extra large helping, or the piece of pie or cake, or that glass full of iced tea or soda pop containing real sugar. You can tone your muscles, but you cannot bulk them up, if you are expending more calories than you burn. There are companies making millions of dollars a year peddling protein supplements for Mr./Ms. Olympia Wannabes.

Weight lifting is an effective means to control weight if you get the muscles stressed and hot. Doing lots of reps with small weights will not do as much calory burning as heavier weights. The important thing is to get the muscle hot by flushing it with blood. The muscle will continue to consume blood and heat energy as it repairs itself long after you quit the activity. You can do a hundred curls with five pounds and not burn as many calories as you do with fifty pounds times ten reps. It's the difference between Thermal Energy and Work. The bad thing about weight lifting is that it seems to provoke an increase in appetite more than cardio exercises. In other words, if you lift weights you're more likely to forget the pushaways because you'll be hungrier.

Do some aerobics to build up your cardio efficiency anyway. It's common sense. But, remember, that if you weigh 200 pounds and ride an exercycle for half an hour you are probably burning something like 350 calories at the max, and you'd have to do that for ten days in a row to make a difference.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    Sory to burst any bubbles but diets don't work, it takes a life style change to effectivly change your thought of a proper diet and exersice program, so when I went from a 5'9" and 250lbs. blob of fat to a 38B-32-36 at 175.8lbs. in about two years I was quite proud of myself, somewhere in there the other .8 lb. came from my orchi LOL this is what and how I do this:

Before you can do any good with a workout or diet (that doesn't work anyways exercise and portion control and if it’s white don’t bite will do it all ), you have to get your heart going to your Aerobic level 85% of max (220 - age) X .85= aerobic heart rate. Here is my one hour workout routine: 5 minutes stretching, 25 minutes on the treadmill with this routine 1 minute @ 2 1@3 1@4 1@5 1@6 then back to 1@2 and so on, repeat this cycle 5 times 25 minutes total, 5 more minutes stretching then 25 minutes of free weights doing simple stuff curls, squats, lunges and crunches finish with a good recovery drink.

I did that every morning 7 days a week for a full year, I was motivated to fit in a normal dress for a friends wedding not some mumu. Now I just do 6 days and I am still losing weight just not as much. .......