Thread: Burbon Street New Orleans on Halloween.

Burbon Street New Orleans on Halloween.

Burbon street on most nights is a let your hair down situation.
    What is it like around Halloween?
    A bit quiet I guess.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yea!!! it's real Quiet ,,,You can hear your pantyhose hit the side walk ,,, lol,,,With you still in um .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

A couple of years ago my wife and I went on a cruise that left New Orleans a few days before Halloween. While I have not been there on Halloween, we had a great time there a few days before. Despite the fact that testosterone levels were a bit high with all of the football fans milling around, the Saints were playing the Steelers the next day, my wife and I (dressed) were accepted everywhere we went. We hope to go back some day, when we can spend more time.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

I'm a NOLA native so as a result I've not spent a lot of time on Bourbon St. at all, much less on Halloween. It depends on what day Halloween falls on. It's a fairly big deal there but moreso if it falls on a weekend.
    Overall, New Orleans is a very friendly and accepting place. Tourism is industry #1 so everyone is very friendly to all visitors.

I went to New Orleans a few years ago on a business trip and stayed a couple of extra days so i could be there for Halloween. Went out (en femme) to the French Quarter and it was a blast! Probably the next best thing to Mardi Gras.
    Lots of regular bars, of course; but if you are interested in drag bars, they have a few of those too.
    Just one word of caution: Whether you are en femme or not, be very careful about straying away from the French Quarter. N.O. is a very dangerous place outside the main tourist areas; and even in the tourist areas, be careful about your purse, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nancigirl View Post
    I went to New Orleans a few years ago on a business trip and stayed a couple of extra days so i could be there for Halloween. Went out (en femme) to the French Quarter and it was a blast! Probably the next best thing to Mardi Gras.
    Lots of regular bars, of course; but if you are interested in drag bars, they have a few of those too.
    Just one word of caution: Whether you are en femme or not, be very careful about straying away from the French Quarter. N.O. is a very dangerous place outside the main tourist areas; and even in the tourist areas, be careful about your purse, etc.

Right ,,,, That's right lots of Bad people try to take advantage of good people just like any other Big City ,,Go to the light ,,,Stay in the Light ,,,, Travel in Packs ,,EVEN if ya don't know them stay in groups ,, Have funn be careful ,,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

This was a fishing thread, I was looking for comments and I have been there, loved the place and although not dressed walked around the block from Burbon st.
    Yes, I would not walk the darker back streets dressed.
    I do agree Halloween should be a blast.
    Rode all the trolley cars and ferries everywhere.
    I was disappointed to see the Louis Armstrong walk of fame fall into disrepair since 2003.
    It was a picture walk then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Been there several times and love to atmosphere but agree with Stacy.Once evening comes the place changes and not for the better.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Had a course there over Halloween in a hotel on Bourbon Street. What a hoot! There are some creative people in this world. Walked right past three tallish women talking together in the lobby and thought nice bods. Later friend pointed out they were CDing. Guess I don't know much about that subject!

Why wait for Halloween? On the other hand, my wife and I love the period between Christmas and New Years in NO. On our wedding day 18 years ago just after Christmas, we flew into NO and I took her to K-Pauls for dinner. Both dressed in our black jeans, black silk shirts...maybe they were blouses. Don't remember. Something that she had picked out along with a couple of other "matching items" that we wore. Did we fit in? Did we stand out? Who know and who cares. We haven't been since before the flood but are going again this Christmas. One of the things left on our bucket list before old man arthritis gets the best of the happy couple.