Thread: Out and about CDing in the Caribbean

Out and about CDing in the Caribbean

Has anyone any experience of being out and about enfemme in the Caribbean?

I am going to the former Netherlands Antilles and was wondering what the acceptance is like down there.

Thanks to you all
    Natasha

Aspiring Member
    Be EXTREMELY carefull, in fact don't do it at all. Besides Uganda, The Caribbean is one of the most trans/homophobic places on Earth. People are shot, beaten and stabbed to death by even the police in places like Jamaica for showing any signs of femme.
    Don't try it!!!!!!!

Try going to the US State Department's website and looking up specific countries. A lot of the major do's and don'ts are listed there. I've noted that some countries have outlawed transgendered behavior. Please be careful while traveling.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Amazing Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bimini1 View Post
    Be EXTREMELY careful, in fact don't do it at all. ... The Caribbean is one of the most trans/homophobic places on Earth. People are shot, beaten and stabbed to death by even the police in places like Jamaica for showing any signs of femme.
    Don't try it!!!!!!!
    I have heard the same about the Bahamas, specifically.

Thank you all for your advice. I was hoping that Aruba would share the same liberal attitude as its cousin The Netherlands.

Thank you
    Natasha

I've traveled extensively in the Caribbean.... especially the ABC islands. Don't do it !!