Thread: DL photo

DL photo

I have to go change my linsene soon. I am thinking of going fully dressed. but since the weather is cool i could go in womens jeans my fav pink top full make up and a coat that would hide me to most. appearing pretty much uni sex. than for the photo you have to take off your coat. my photo would than show alittle of my top and my face with full make up on. has anyone ever done this how did things go.ie was there any issues with the photo taker..

I think I would do it with minimal makeup.
    You may get away with it if it is considered normal appearance.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would guess that it depends on where you live. Here in California you can get your DL or legal ID card dressed as you want. Only issue there for the non-transitioning is that if you have a male pic on your DL and then get a female pic on your ID card, when you get your renewed license it will probably have your female pic on it because the system just pics up the latest pic on their electronic file for you.

Not sure unless you request a name change. They would probably wonder why your appearance has changed since the last time.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I've had a fem picture on my DL for five years now and haven't had any problems. One time I had to show my DL to rent a tool. I was dressed in drab. The guy behind the counter told me that I had my wife's DL by mistake. I said," No, That's me when I had longer hair." He looked at it for a while and said," I wish I could grow long hair." He didn't mention my clothing or makeup. Leanne

ok thanks so far everyone. i just moved from pa to wa early this year and have to get it changed when i get back home off the road again...so i have to have a new pic and all done

I did something like that, but I figured totally enfem might be hard to explain in some situations and what I really wanted was an ID that would work for either situation. So what I did was pick a look that was somewhat neutral so that anyone looking at it might better associate the ID to me either way. It would be a kick doing it totally enfem, but its probably best not to fool around...it is a legal document after all. I did hear about some people going enfem and the clerk updated their gender marker without asking which might be a bonus to some, but maybe hard to explain if you are not planning to live that way!
    Chickie

my most recent DL photo I was fully "en-fem". Black blouse, black slacks, black under-dressings. Since all it shows is your collar and head, you can't tell a dang thing about what I had on when the picture was taken

Jenn

I say go for it! I'm going to when I get mine renewed! About two years away!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I did ,,,Don't look nothing like I did 4 year before ,,,Got a CDL an they never batted an eye ,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    I did ,,,Don't look nothing like I did 4 year before ,,,Got a CDL an they never batted an eye ,,,
    Yes, but you is a supa star!

Oh man! What a good idea! I can only imagine how a fem ID could save me some embarrassment down the road

I was thinking of doing that with my student ID as well

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    I'm living full-time as female since August. Went as the new me to my Pennsylvania driver's license center. Because my license is not up for renewal for 2 more years, I had to pay a few bucks to get a replacement license with a photo of the feminine me. The process was painless.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Rats! I just renewed two months ago. Wish I had thought of that!

I have a fake Philippines DL bought for 750 pesos... It says I'm female and it has a female pic of me. It's a felony to get caught with this but I never had to show it for shopping yet [that's its purpose].

Silver Member
    I wore an obvious blouse and bra to get mine. Only the color showed.