Thread: Guidance?

Guidance?

As I prepare to tell my parents about my dressing habbits, I've pondered a few ways to do it. Due to my clumsiness in the past they sort of know already (having found items out of place many a time when I was younger and before I bought my own things, etc), but seem to believe I grew out of it.

I'm not really sure how to bring the topic up. I'm tempted to simply outright ask "does it matter what I wear around home?", they would likely instantly know what I was getting at but nonetheless ask me "What did you have in mind?", which I could then answer. However it seems a bit abrupt perhaps. I have the blessing of wonderful generally understanding parents, but I think this might be an issue of discomfort for even them, at least at first. How might I bring it up more subtly?

----

After my parents, there's only one other person left to tell, that being my best friend. However he happens to be Islamic, which, in so far as I know, prohibits such things. Though he's a long way from being a fundamentalist I know his religion is important to him. The simple solution seems to be simply not telling him, but then isn't it better to have him hear it from me than see me from his car one day as I walk down the street?

----

Thank you for any help or advice,
    looking forward to getting to know more of you here,
    -Kaelin

There is no religion come in the matter of God's meracle.
    Your desire to ware a ladies dress is not a crime or not an act of terorrist.
    You have genaticaly imbalance of bio chemicals produced and regulated by different types of Glands.
    You go through the inspection of your financial make up when you start to leave alone. -after declaration of your real being.This is very important.
    If you are doing crossdressing only for sex satisfaction or for fun then you need to examin your self one more time for what actual you are.

If all above and other criteria satis fy then go for medical advice and let your parents know through your doctor .it will weigh it and parents also will become supportive.( I made this mistake I could not find help of any doctor)As long as you have not started your real life you have good ample time for think and act.
    Forget about your friend If you can not tell your truth to him then he is not your friend )
    In my chield hood I got support from my friend and I have not been treated wrongly)

Hope this might give you little help.I tried to extracted my miand to help you as much as i can because I can't see someone in my troubble position.

Kaelin,
    First of all welcome to the site! And as far as telling your parents I have one question for you...do you know for sure how they will react? If you know they will support and love you regardless just sit them down and tell them. They'll have questions and you'll have questions for them, but if you are not 100% sure that they will support you I agree that you should go through a doctor. I was lucky in that I "came out" (what an awful term by the way) to our family therapist first and since she also talked with my mom, she told me that she was confident my mom could handle it. So I told her and we talked about it. She accepts it, but not to the that she lets me freely dress around the house. Anway I hope that helps a little and again welcome to the site!

Kisses,
    Kaitlyn