Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's recognize

I know what you are saying Hon and it would be nice but to be honest many gals do not want to be recognized(even by other TG folks) but prefer to blend in . Kind of like hiding in plain sight. In that sense we have a secret(girls with something "extra") but not everyone appreciates it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Erica2Sweet View Post
    Indeed. It began in the 1930's.

Personally, I really wouldn't want to limit my interactions to others who are presenting themselves as the opposite of their birth gender. I'm trying to move away from self-imposed limitations and make my place in the world.

The sticker idea looks good on paper, but as soon as someone finds herself on a city bus with a 40yo bearded guy in a micro-mini skirt, fluorescent green top, and stilettos, talking loudly about his previous night's raunchy exploits, and wearing the same sticker, the experiment would be over.
    That is a very, very good point, never crossed my mind. I guess it is time to look for alternatives, Thanks

There are quite a few transgender logos already in existence:-
    http://www.google.ca/search?q=transg...w=1280&bih=816

Hannah

After reading Erica 2 Sweet's comment I've come to the conclusion that other alternatives are more viable and safe. I want to thank you all for your comments and support in particular Clay for bringing the other side of the spectrum in force, some of this are great ideas and I can clearly see that I am not alone, I hope we can someday agree to become more organize in the real world. I make a pledge right now to become more informed about my people and will do everything in my power to join the local chapter. Thanks.

There are quite a few transgender logos already in existence:-
    http://www.google.ca/search?q=transg...w=1280&bih=816

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiBeth View Post
    I seem to remember a reading some time ago on this site , there as was a day when we would wear a basic rubberband on one of our wrists. Maybe this is a way to acknowledge each other without calling a great deal of attention.
    First of all Cute Avatar Nikki. I was interested to join the police force in the past, during that time I went on a ride along and got involved with the department, I found out that while in jail, men who are "taken" by other inmates wear rubber bands to let others know they are " protected". But tHanks for the idea Nikki.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle V View Post
    First of all Cute Avatar Nikki. I was interested to join the police force in the past, during that time I went on a ride along and got involved with the department, I found out that while in jail, men who are "taken" by other inmates wear rubber bands to let others know they are " protected". But tHanks for the idea Nikki.
    I just spit all over my keyboard.. I can remember putting a rubber band on my wrist when going to the store to remind me about picking up something. Whew--might have picked up the wrong thing. hehehe

It could be called the "Michelle V plan".
    I think most would be threatened by the outing as anything else.
    It is something that has to be handled with great tact and a lot of experience before you can make contact with someone.
    I think you have more chance of contacting aliens first.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As far as stickers go I would opt for one that looked like a compact disc (cd) maybe throw in the reflective colors of rainbow to show support for the gay community. It is funny how we really want to meet others of our ilk but fear the consequences. I looked into those CD secret societies and most do not return phone calls or emails...think it would be an easier time joining the Legion of Doom than most of the CD chapters, but I would probably decline to join the Legion of Doom in fear of what that swamp would do to my good shoes! (old Justice League cartoon reference, for those too young to know...sigh...showing my age).

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MicheleCooper View Post
    ... It is funny how we really want to meet others of our ilk but fear the consequences...
    This is something I also struggle to understand. I think maybe some are looking for a reason to break out of the closet, and at the last minute, get cold feet.

It's perfectly understandable given how hard it is sometimes to break out of one's comfort zone.
    Last edited by Erica2Sweet; 10-04-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica2Sweet View Post
    This is something I also struggle to understand. I think maybe some are looking for a reason to break out of the closet, and at the last minute, get cold feet.
    Honestly, I think it is a matter of do we feel comfortable the way we look...I see members on here such as yourself and others on here that are drop dead gorgeous and I would feel intimidated to come forward in feeling inadequate. Think high school and how you rarely see the fat chick hanging out with the cheerleaders...yeah I'm the fat chick! Does that make sense..working on 3 hours of sleep...lol

As far as stickers go I would opt for one that looked like a compact disc (cd) maybe throw in the reflective colors of rainbow to show support for the gay community. It is funny how we really want to meet others of our ilk but fear the consequences. I looked into those CD secret societies and most do not return phone calls or emails...think it would be an easier time joining the Legion of Doom than most of the CD chapters, but I would probably decline to join the Legion of Doom in fear of what that swamp would do to my good shoes! (old Justice League cartoon reference, for those too young to know...sigh...showing my age).
    I like the cd idea and did ya know that if you catch the sunlight just right, it already makes the rainbow effect? I am putting one in my back window asap and give this a test run.
    Michele, I remember those cartoons! AND we are not that old! We are like fine wine that takes a while to reach its best flavors.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

It is funny how we really want to meet others of our ilk but fear the consequences.
    Three thoughts ....
    1. I meet people with whom I resonate all the time; also people who are quickly determined to be the type I know instantly will never be my friend. There are no obvious clues like rubber bands or insignia; simply a vibe.
    2. I know that many of my family members, friends and work colleagues are either G, L or T. Makes not a blind bit of difference to me. I do not judge them according to this characteristic, nor is it the basis for my appreciation of them as PEOPLE.
    3. The word "ilk" has a negative connotation. We might say, "We shall not see his like again" (positive); but we say, "I cannot tolerate his ilk" (negative). Our use of language is a powerful indicator of our mindset, and if you read my contributions to this thread, you will see that I see our like in a positive, rather than a negative light.

BTW - thanks for your kind comment, Michelle.
    Last edited by GaleWarning; 10-04-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    3. The word "ilk" has a negative connotation. We might say, "We shall not see his like again" (positive); but we say, "I cannot tolerate his ilk" (negative). Our use of language is a powerful indicator of our mindset, and if you read my contributions to this thread, you will see that I see our like in a positive, rather than a negative light.
    I'll try to remember that next time....

a bit nutty
    Most of us are just too skittish to want to talk CD in public. Just look into any "how to shop" thread and you'll see that most of us try our darndest to not be seen or noticed. Yeah I see it now, the secret code will be an anxiety or panic attack when approached!

It is a nice idea, but I just don't see it happening in reality. I don't want to be recognized unless it is in a inconspicuous environment that has been pre-arranged. My self acceptance has serious limits!

Ginger

This is weird, I was thinking earlier of starting a thread asking if there were any TG/CD secret codewords. Like Masons ask if someone is 'on the square' or people in AA will ask you if you know a guy called Bill Wilson.
    When you see your ship go sailing...

Still trying to get my sticker, haven't heard from the people representing this site to know if it is ok to get a sticker with their logo, also trying to find the place that will create it for me, there are those at the local mall that will do it in black and white but I would prefer the classic pink and blue. Any suggestions?

Trishasubcd
    I love the idea and would wear the sticker.