Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things we know how to do

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Being able to successfuly navigate any section of any clothing store.

Being able to differentiate between Junior's, Misses, and Woman's Size's.

Being able to look at any outfit and within a few seconds being able to determine if it will fit yourself or you wife/SO.

Being a good and more than eager shopping partner for your wife/SO, giving true and honest feedback for how an outfit looks, participating in all day shopping marathon's where you can can actually wear them out!

Having no shame or embarrassment at all when being sent out/ordered to buy feminine hygene products, because you have all of the previous experiment from buying GG items for yourself. Also being able to stand right in the middle of said aisle without blinking an eye picking out said brand, without blinking an eye. While in male mode of course.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

be able to show genuine empathy when your girlfriend complains that she spent 4 hours shopping for a new outfit and couldnt find anything she liked

Quote Originally Posted by kendra_gurl View Post
    Mananging the tiny clasp on necklaces and other jewlery while wearing long nails

Buttons on blouses with long nails is also a milestone to accomplish
    Tell me how, Kendra! After 15+ years of long nails I can pick up small change on a glass counter, pick up scraps of paper and broken glass off of the floor, and put in my contact lenses with no problem, but those tiny clasps still elude me! HOW DO YOU DO IT?

Beyond the clasp thing, I'm pretty used to everthing everyone has listed so far except for doing my own nails, I prefer professional manis and pedis. But there are some things I still haven't conquered. Keeping myself from attacking when I disagree with someone, especially about politics and theology, remains a huge effort for me.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

We know how to quickly deter unwanted sexual advances. Yes, there is such a thing.

Aspiring Member
    Thanks for all the great contributions!

Oh yes, doing anything with long nails, especially when they are just the temporary stick on type. I loose a nail everytime I have to pull my hose or pantyhose up or down. Maybe it would be a bit easier with professionally attached nails or the real nails. Oh and you gurls are right about the jewely. Trying to claspe a necklace or bracelet, especially with nails.....
    Oh and what about learning how to react to a compliment about your dress or shoes (never happens in guy world!)
    Michellecd9999

Quote Originally Posted by katie73 View Post
    be able to show genuine empathy when your girlfriend complains that she spent 4 hours shopping for a new outfit and couldnt find anything she liked
    This is the first really good skill on this thread, other than Jocelyn's shopping ones!

Please don't take this too judge-y because I know not everyone cross dresses for the same reasons and not everyone actually feels female/transgendered - but I get the feeling that the role of femininity is very superficial here.

What about the skill of self acceptance, and learning how to love yourself?

What about the very important skin care regimes you do as a person worried about his or her skin? It's a much better option to moisturize.

I love it that my CDer can appreciate it when I put an extra effort in my appearance because he knows how much work goes into it!

What about how to fit more useful items with you with a handbag? I'm sure a few of you use bags in man mode as well! Isn't it easier to be prepared for more situations?

Edit! I missed Kaz' post about communicating with people! Love that one!
    Last edited by Babeba; 10-04-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    What about how to fit more useful items with you with a handbag? I'm sure a few of you use bags in man mode as well! Isn't it easier to be prepared for more situations?
    I had to cut down and start using much smaller purses: I was straining my shoulder too much from the weight of what I was carrying around. (Serious.)

I love this one: putting on lip gloss or lipstick without needing a mirror!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Tell me how, Kendra! After 15+ years of long nails I can pick up small change on a glass counter, pick up scraps of paper and broken glass off of the floor, and put in my contact lenses with no problem, but those tiny clasps still elude me! HOW DO YOU DO IT?
    After watching my wife manage so many things with long nails for years I learned as I'm sure you have, one cannot use the ends of your fingers like most men do anymore. Thankfully my fingers are smaller than the average man and learning to use the side of my finger tips has helped a lot. Still you'd think jewlery makers would make an easier or larger clasp for their intended target market .

As for attacking those you disagree with. Don't let that bother you just apply for a job on the TV show the View you will feel right at home MEOOOOOOW

After watching my wife manage so many things with long nails for years I learned as I'm sure you have, one cannot use the ends of your fingers like most men do anymore. Thankfully my fingers are smaller than the average man and learning to use the side of my finger tips has helped a lot. Still you'd think jewlery makers would make an easier or larger clasp for their intended target market.
    Some time ago I got a box of "Clever Clasp," a clever little add-in necklace link that converts a regular lobster claw clasp into a magnetic barrel clasp. But I couldn't find more of those so I bought some magnetic barrel clasps and some jewelry findings and made my own.

As for attacking those you disagree with. Don't let that bother you just apply for a job on the TV show the View you will feel right at home MEOOOOOOW
    Ooooh! Meooooow indeed! I seriously don't like that show! Such an obvious skew of the panel. Always reminds me of the brainwashing show that Mildred Montag watches in Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451. I keep expecting Barbara Walters to turn toward the screen and say, "And what do you think, Mildred?"

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 10-05-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I keep expecting Barbara Walters to turn toward the screen and say, "And what do you think, Mildred?"
    "I think that's just fine."

Quote Originally Posted by Pexetta View Post
    I agree - it was my knowledge of the hook-and-spin technique that raised GG eyebrows on one occasion when I was supposedly cross-dressing for laughs (but actually taking it a whole lot more seriously).
    I suppose she thought you'd never seen a woman get dressed before??
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    general skills:

shaping eyebrows (mine would be 2" wide and all the way across otherwise!)

general skin care (have you noticed how bad the skin is on older guys?!!!)

But there are also interpersonal skills:

Understanding a GG as she talks about all the unique words locked into fashion (Empire waist, doleman sleeves, etc).

Knowing when a GG wants you to solve a problem or when she just wants to have you help her rant about it.

Knowing just how long it really will take a GG to get ready to leave the house (my wife has not been late since Tina has arrived!).

being able to do your SO's nails!

smiling inwardly as some guy says, "I'll never understand women!".

giving fashion advice in a store and having your SO happy to have it!

lending your things to your SO when she needs them.

not walking too fast when you are in male mode and she is wearing heels!

Hmmm, so why aren't CDers in total demand?????

Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    This is the first really good skill on this thread, other than Jocelyn's shopping ones!

Please don't take this too judge-y because I know not everyone cross dresses for the same reasons and not everyone actually feels female/transgendered - but I get the feeling that the role of femininity is very superficial here.
    Hi, Babeba! This is common complaint among GG's when we "girls" are being a bit light-hearted. There's nothing wrong with a bit of levity sometimes. Sometimes we do get very serious about the whole show and ask some fairly deep questions.

To generalize, I remember back in the days when I was still on "the guilt and shame trip", I realized that I had crossed a line (which is what makes me "trans", right?). By getting into women's clothing I realized that I had entered a whole new magical realm that I wasn't supposed to know anything about. And it was magic. It was beautiful. And Lord, did I feel ashamed of myself.

Where do those hesitant beginnings take you? Well, you never know. But it's led me to ask a lot of questions over the years. One of them I've been asking quite often lately is this: all of these attributes that we assume are female, are they really female? And all of those attributes we assume to be male, are they really male? E.g., if someone shows empathy, is that their feminine side coming out, or is it perhaps because they're simply a good person? That is, how do we separate gender attributes from human attributes?

You see, we can be as deep or superficial as we like, depending on the moment and the mood. That said, like a lot of the girls, I take a bit of pride in some of the skills I've acquired. I filed the nails down today and did a fairly good job of it. They were getting a bit long.

Best wishes, Annabelle

I think I can add a few....

* Finally understanding how cheesed off a girl gets when she breaks a nail. I hate that too. Stops me in mid action and cus.

* The ability to tie a corset from behind, using the 'door knob' trick alone.

* The newly found ability to drive the speed limit.... only en fem mode as I really don't want to end up on some utube show...

* How to walk on grass in heels...

* Check the skirt upon getting out of the car. Always need to tug it down a little.

* Finally figuring out what those clear little straps on dresses are for..

* Ability to de-fem in under a minute when the SO comes home unannounced...happened twice.

* Ability to explain every little left over of Renne... red lips - must have used the wrong chap stick... eyes a little dark - must have smudged some dirt while working in the garage....

* I have finally figured out my size!!! It's a juniors large unless it's stretchy material then it's a juniors medium unless the length is too short, then it's a 14 but maybe a 16 but then again I can also fit into a 12 pants..... really, I think I have this figured out.... LOL...

Renne.....