Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your one tip for a newbie

Darn... mine was taken... i.e. visit a MAC store and ask to try things. I love MAC makeup and the staff is great. It can cost a bit, but, the look is much better than what I had purchased at the drug store. At least with my skin tone.

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    Beware the Pink Fog! It messes with your normal decision making.
    Sorry, I think I'm too new.. ??? Pink Fog ???
    Last edited by Eryn; 10-05-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts. Please edit the existing post rather than posting again.

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    Beware the Pink Fog! It messes with your normal decision making.
    Okay, I've gotta ask. What is "The Pink Fog"? I've seen it mentioned a few times already, but have no idea what it is.
    Sorry for this being such a Newbie Question.
    Katie.

Be yourself and don't worry about what others think! In otherwords be happy and love who you are!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    "Society doesn't accept us" or something to that effect is a pretty FLIMSY excuse for people who WANT OUT of the closet. Anyone who spends even a half hour READING here, will see that is simply not the case.

The longer you put off "getting out there" because of "society" the more foolish you are going to feel IF and WHEN you finally slip out of the closet.

And IF someone out in the RW does actually say something? You know - WORDS. They're just words. Just because someone asks you a question does not mean they disaprove.

Banned Read only
    Don't spend all your money in one place. Don't count the chicks before the eggs hatch. Use low beams in the fog. And last but not least, always wear clean panties when you go out. You never know who might see them.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsetAngel View Post
    Okay, I've gotta ask. What is "The Pink Fog"? I've seen it mentioned a few times already, but have no idea what it is.
    We were all new once! Welcome to the forum (both to you and Diane!)

Pink fog is a rosy haze which seems to cloud the judgement of some cross dressers when they get into a state of extended girliness... It is almost like behaving 'under the influence' of girliness, or having tunnel vision on nothing but what YOU want to do/look like/buy. It seems to often happen when a cross dresser decides to go out the first time, or when they come out to friends or family, or has some new freedom to dress. Do you know how some GGs have large mood swings when they are in their monthly cycle, and it is like their brains are just so awash with changes in hormones they react differently? Pink fog can be kind of like that, a little bit.

My newbie tip is, if you are close enough to someone to have sex with them, you are close enough that you should probably tell them about dressing. If you can't trust someone with who you truly are, can you really trust them enough to be that close? And how can someone love you if you refuse to let them get to know you?

Other than that, keep your stick on the ice!
    Last edited by Babeba; 10-04-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Red green advice

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Don't spend all your money in one place. Don't count the chicks before the eggs hatch. Use low beams in the fog. And last but not least, always wear clean panties when you go out. You never know who might see them.

So, I'm guessing.. "Pink Fog" is to day don't get stuck in what you think a woman is and trying to be that? Be yourself and in the case of cross dressing just be yourself and look how you want to as a woman and don't worry about the details of other women?

Hmm, okay I think i understand.
    So, tell my wfie... done, just over a month ago.
    Go a little crazy after that... done, I replaced all of my makeup and some of my wife's. I never used hers but, it was way too old.
    Hmm, so, would planning on getting my ears pierced in a few weeks at a good piercing shop fall into this category? I so want to be able to wear pretty ear rings and back in college I used to dress a little goth / grunge. I'm currently planning on just picking up and updating the style for my everyday look / mask I wear. Some black stud ear rings, docs, etc. I'm thinking I can get away with this, have some fun and even get to play with some black eye shadow from time to time.

What do you think? Too much in the fog?

Oh, and I am still trying to get my user name changed to diane_maple instead of dianediane... I couldn't think of a last name when I signed up. The what is your name section and a few other posts help me realize what my last name should be. :-)
    Last edited by Eryn; 10-05-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts. Please edit the existing post rather than posting again.

Gold Member
    Learn skin care early. Moisturize!

Pink fog gets people all caught up in the moment and swept away... Before you know it, you may have spent hundreds of dollars on 'must have' girly things you didn't actually want in the first place, painted your barhroom walls a pale mauve, tattooed on makeup... And then you realize the clothes are wrong for your age, your mother in law is going to raise her eyebrows at the paint job and everyone at work really has noticed the permanent eyeliner.

I would definitely hold off for a bit on the piercings, because it can be a bit of a permanent feeling step for your wife who just found out. It also is something coworkers and such will probably notice, and while piercings can heal over, you can't make people unsee that. Please make sure you are not in the fog when you get piercings!

In the meantime, look for magnetic studs: they use teeny tiny rare earth magnets to hold a stud in place. I find them a lot more comfy than clip-ons, and if you're looking for a goth effect you could put one in the very middle of your ear cartilege. In the past I have bought them at Claire's.

Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    Pink fog gets people all caught up in the moment and swept away... Before you know it, you may have spent hundreds of dollars on 'must have' girly things you didn't actually want in the first place, painted your barhroom walls a pale mauve, tattooed on makeup... And then you realize the clothes are wrong for your age, your mother in law is going to raise her eyebrows at the paint job and everyone at work really has noticed the permanent eyeliner.

I would definitely hold off for a bit on the piercings, because it can be a bit of a permanent feeling step for your wife who just found out. It also is something coworkers and such will probably notice, and while piercings can heal over, you can't make people unsee that. Please make sure you are not in the fog when you get piercings!

In the meantime, look for magnetic studs: they use teeny tiny rare earth magnets to hold a stud in place. I find them a lot more comfy than clip-ons, and if you're looking for a goth effect you could put one in the very middle of your ear cartilege. In the past I have bought them at Claire's.

Yea, purchasing what I liked at Claire's / Icing is and not finding much else I like is what has me thinking about getting the ear piercings. That and my wife commented that it could be simpler... when I showed her some of the ear rings I purchased. ... Yea, what other people see / think is sort of an issue... I may be changing jobs. If I do, I would like to have my ears pierced before I start the new job so it is less of an issue. Hmm, yea, I'll think on this one...

Thank you :-)

I'm quite new so no advice from me but I think the pink fog advice is the most important.
    I love the feeling of being dressed.
    I have a dream of true equality - including clothes and make up.
    Hugs Joanne.

My tip, though I'm still very much a newbie.... visit this website often!

Don't ever let anyone make you feel crappy for being who you are,,,,and that includes yourself.

x Flic x

Mine would be ,try not to cast judgement on others who cannot understand but try to show empathy and realize that it may be something new and unexplored to them.
    Last edited by Celeste; 10-05-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Beautiful Girl to Nikki ♥ Billiebluenose1878 GG's Avatar
    Practice on makeup a top priority ... as you can dress well but if face is not passable then you may encounter issues .... ...xxxxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]To wake up and see SweetNikki i love by my side happy is very special and important to me xxxxx
    In life ... we dont lose friends .... we discover who our real friends really are ....

Cariad a Cwtches xxxxx

Love everyone equally and tolerate all xxxxx

@WelshbirdBillie on Twitter

if you have nothing holding you back then get out of the CD closet.
    after you get through that big first step life just seems funner.
    so go for it

Quote Originally Posted by Pexetta View Post
    In a relationship already? Tell her NOW, it'll only get worse if you don't.
    Absolutely. Establish a level of trust and communication with your SO. Hiding things is not a good foundation for a relationship.
    Yes, I know its not easy. I told my wife about Jennifer when it got really serious between us. I was so afraid it would come between us, but it turns out that it did just the opposite. She was willing to accept all of me. Just amazing.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Quote Originally Posted by dianediane View Post

Sorry, I think I'm too new.. ??? Pink Fog ???

After a day enfemme or so type of wonderful cross dressing experience, you are so euphoric that you are lost in the fog, the pink fog, "everyhting is wonderful I am a woman, let's disregard everything else"

Remember, not everyone you know will understand, accept it move on and find those that will. To thine own self be true!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Keep it in perspective. Gender expression is not and never will be the only important thing in life.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsetAngel View Post
    Sorry went to bed and didn't explain myself for those not knowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    We were all new once! Welcome to the forum (both to you and Diane!)

Pink fog is a rosy haze which seems to cloud the judgement of some cross dressers when they get into a state of extended girliness... It is almost like behaving 'under the influence' of girliness, or having tunnel vision on nothing but what YOU want to do/look like/buy. It seems to often happen when a cross dresser decides to go out the first time, or when they come out to friends or family, or has some new freedom to dress. Do you know how some GGs have large mood swings when they are in their monthly cycle, and it is like their brains are just so awash with changes in hormones they react differently? Pink fog can be kind of like that, a little bit.

I couldn't have explained it better, thanks Babeba.

Don't ever forget one of the fist rules of a successful relationship...TINY STEPS. A lot like the pink fog, go slow with gaining your partners acceptance and approval. Trying to go too far too fast can overwhelm a loving partner to to point of breaking

Dress age appropriately, don't over do makeup, obtain video footage of yourself walking and talking.
    Go out and about and gain confidence in your mannerisms, voice and learn to smile at all the women you make eye contact with.
    Do this even in drab and you should get a pleasant acknowledgement.
    One piece of advice only?
    Dress to blend in by dressing age appropriately.
    Look bright and not dowdy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Take pictures - lots of them - from all angles. With a tripod, shutter timer, and good (make that great) lighting. With a digital camera, more photos don't cost more than a few. In your photos you will see yourself differently than what you see in the mirror.

Said a little differently but,

SMILE!!!!

You are expressing yourself, maybe, for the first time ever, but you are getting to be you. Why would you not smile?

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]