Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your one tip for a newbie

Your one tip for a newbie

Many of us have years of experience and have made a lot of mistakes but have learned much in the process. What would be you one piece of advice to an emerging cross dresser. Try be unique from the others if you can.

Mine would be makeup, Go to MAC ask for help, buy good cosmetics and practice practice practice being a girl takes work!

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    Try not to feel guilty about dressing up.
    Kerry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

I dont know if expensive makeup is the way to start. Start with cheap stuff until you get the look you like. Plus thrift store has great clothes for a reduced price.

Regardless if your appearance, always, always just be yourself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

the quicker you accept that this is just the way you are and youre not going to change it, the quicker you can relax, enjoy being yourself and start to have fun

I love these tips!!! Especially about accepting yourself! It's something i struggle with a lot but accepting myself would do me the world of good!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Paula, Never ever purge it's a big waste of money.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Wear Sexy Feminine Lingerie. (If You Want to, that is.)

Wearing sexy lingerie is a way real GG's find confidence in themselves. The same holds true with CD's. It makes you feel more like a Real Lady.
    Katie.

What you want today may not be what you want 5 years or even 10 years from now.

That was some sage advice that I got one night.

Don't look around while shopping you look like your shop lifting instead of shopping an always Try things on,, It saves money an it takes alot longer to return than it does to buy ! An the Mac comment is GREAT to ,,Saves time an $$$$$$$. An the acceptance thing is a MUST !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Online shopping is ok, but going shopping is so much more fun! Everywhere, everytime. never pass by a sales rack
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Don't look around while shopping you look like your shop lifting instead of shopping an always Try things on,, It saves money an it takes alot longer to return than it does to buy ! An the Mac comment is GREAT to ,,Saves time an $$$$$$$. An the acceptance thing is a MUST !
    How's this for advice?- Look out for Stacy B! Just playing lady-pal!

look at what real girls wear and try not to overdo it. Sometimes less is more.

In a relationship already? Tell her NOW, it'll only get worse if you don't.
    When you see your ship go sailing...

Quote Originally Posted by May(be) View Post
    How's this for advice?- Look out for Stacy B! Just playing lady-pal!

You just remember one thing this ol fat girl will scratch ya eyes out for the last pair of 12w's LOL Meowwwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Pexetta View Post
    In a relationship already? Tell her NOW, it'll only get worse if you don't.

definitely. going more on experience of others than myself, one of the things thats apparant is one of the biggest problems a wife/girlfriend has when they find out is the thought of the deceit. theres no guarantee they'll be ok about the crossdressing but even if they are they are likely to still feel betrayed and angry if youve taken years to tell them.

My one piece of sage advice would be to find a friend or mentor. Kindred spirits always do better than one all alone.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Don't let being tall and wide discourage you -- plus sizes abound!

The clothes you like the most may not be the ones that look the best on you. Dress, take pictures study them to see how you look. If anyone else knows about this side of you ask them about what looks best on your body type. There are some web sites where they discuss what type of clothing looks proper on certain woman's body types. Perhaps they can help you find a look for yourself.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Great thread!

I'm not an experienced CD per-se, but I do have one thing to add...

There is plenty of things in this world to fear. But don't waste time and energy being afraid of yourself and your desires.

My number one advice is "meet and know, and make friends with a transgender person, whether crossdresser or transsexual". Hear their stories, and compare notes.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 10-04-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta_Pat View Post
    My one piece of sage advice would be to find a friend or mentor. Kindred spirits always do better than one all alone.

Don't get Pissed ,,I didn't know if I were gonna use your post or Nathaliex66's Post ,,,But I will use yours ,,Yea Find a Big Mouth Dummy Like me to throw to the Wolves so you can make your Fast getta way ,,, LOL,,,,, THANX A LOT !!

My advice: Invest in a QUALITY wig if you're not going to grow your hair out. Having a 15$ wig from party city works for halloween, but after that its a dead give away. Plus having a nice one makes you feel so much prettier. I LOVE mine!!! The lady at the wig shop helped me try on several so I could find the style that fit me best. I was dressed as a man, and she didn't even act like anything was strange, it was a very positive experiance.

Shoes that hurt your feet in the store won't get better later on!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Beware the Pink Fog! It messes with your normal decision making.