Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hats

Wink Hats

Does anybody wear a hat when they go out dressed ? You don't see many GGs wear hats.

I want to wear hats - but never find find one I really enjoy wearing

I used to see these hat/wig combos in stores a few years back. They were those cadet style hats that were popular with girls at the time, with the hair sewn into the inner band, different colored hats, different shades of hair. I regret not buying one since I haven't seen them since. They would have been cool for a lazy/casual style.

Hi,

Yes i do as in my avatar im wearing my head scarve or one of many i have , some i wear similer to a turbin , that one im wearing i take the tails twirll them around then cross them over around my head then a lose knot at the back turbin style,

The hats = bonnits are for our Edwardian days together, similer as worn in the 1900 to 1914,

& sometimes that will be soon ill wear my sun hats. & that includes every where in the Village or just down the streets & shoping, & for myself i dont have any bad hair days, ever,

...noeleena...

I love wearing hats when i'm dressed, my problem is finding those that suit/fit me. My head is quite large and with a wig too i need a big hat.
    This is a photo of me in a hat i wore to a fancy dress party last year.
    Katie Taylor x
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'Sugar and spice and everything nice wasn't meant for only girls.'
    King for a Day by Green Day

I have one that I wore on vacation last year. Sorry, no picture available.
    It's wide brim for sun and also rain protection.

Other than that, while I love hats, I don't have any. I was in a shop a while back (all styles of hats only) and tried on lots, but just couldn't find Me....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I never liked wearing hats in either mode.
    Jean wears one all the time. Some people call her the hat lady.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandra, Although I don't wear a hat when dressed I guess because I don't have any yet.

There's nothing sexier than a beautiful lady with a big hat on.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have a nice collection of hats in both genders, but then I've always loved wearing hats. I don't go out, but it doesn't stop me from wearing a nice outfit, and a hat when it fit's the mood.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I sometimes wear a large brimmed beach hat with sunnies, big beach towel and a tankini.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I were a baseball hat all the time in drab and occasionally a sun hat when dressed. Hats do look good on some
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    With my wigs it would have to be a huge hat size.lol

Silver Member
    Well yes. I love hats. I have several.

S

Once in a while I ll wear a hat when I dont wear a wig.
    Hi gals

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    With my wigs it would have to be a huge hat size.lol
    Are you saying you have a big head or puffy ears?

I have several hats that I wear. Everything from retro pillbox hat (think Jackie Kennedy) to large brimmed beach hat. Have fun with it. That is what life is all about.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    Yes I have one I know, I know

I have to smile

:-) LOL

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    There's nothing sexier than a beautiful lady with a big hat on.
    Makes me think of Audrey Hepburn in "My Fair Lady" or Kate Winslet at the start of "Titanic." But those are period pieces that would be so hard to pull off today.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

Hats are an oddity aren't they!?

Simple answer is no not really, but then I couldn't resist this one...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Hi Sandra!

When I was a little girl I loved hats! Family and friends would bring me hats from trips they made, etc. and I had a nice little collection. But by the time I was a teen I decided they made me look silly and just plain didn't work for me. So I stopped wearing them for many, many years. Still liked to see 'em, just would never wear one.

Now that I'm older I've rediscovered them and I've come to the conclusion that they work for me once again. So there are occassions when I wear them again. I especially love the veiled hats of the 1950's as restro wear but I don't have many of those and very seldom do get a chance to wear that style.

But if we're going to be out in the Southern California summer sun I often wear this hat that I bought in Santa Barbara.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    OK, Persephone. Prove me wrong.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenA View Post
    OK, Persephone. Prove me wrong.
    Thank you, Colleen! I do like the way that hat looks on me.

But please do try one for yourself. Just like my experience, you may be pleasantly surprised by the result!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Silver Member
    Those those who wear wigs and hats, do you find it ends up crushing the wig and ruining the style after a while? I'd love to be able to wear dressy hats (especially a pillbox style with a veil) but haven't been able to find one that fits my head, especially with the wig on, and I am worried about ruining the wig style.

I usually keep my head shaved most of the time, and just for fun now and then, I'll go out dressed wearing a black fedora and no wig, just to see if I get a reaction. I've also gone out a time or two with no wig or hat at all. Most people probably think I'm a cancer patient, but the double-takes I get are priceless...

I want to try wearing hats out when I go out into the city. However, the few times I have tried one on with my wig it always seems like it wants to slide off. What am I doing wrong, or is that natural and it will stay there unless it is windy?

Good thread. I've never owned a hat, and frequently wanted to, but when I try one on it's just not me. Are some people just hat friendly, and others not? I admire a beautiful woman really pulling of a look with a great chapeau, and I laughed my *ss of at the godawful lids at Kate Middletons wedding (what were they thinking?). I'll keep looking, as I have a new navy blue cashmere coat for this winter, which will go with skinny jeans, and suede ankle boots... so maybe some suggestions girls?-Celeste