Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meetiing another CD through this Fourm - Safe?

Aspiring Member
    I'm going to only meet. No sharing of hotel rooms. I have a two bedroom two bath suite, but still- I hear what you are saying.

I agree to "strange factor". That, being new, is why I posted the question.

A girl who used to be a regular on this forum wanted to hang out a few months back. In her e-mail she referenced the possibility of intimacy. I took that as a "Hells to the no," and left it at that. No reply, nothing... I am not interested in people chasing me down. Having said that, there are many of you that I think I would be happy to hang out with for an afternoon!

Ha,,,,Ha,,,,,Ho,,,Ho,,,, Haaaaaaaa,,, You crossdressers CRACK ME UPPPPPPPPP ,,,, Thank GOD I'm Trans ,,,,LOL,,,, We can meet at ya Mamma's house for all I care ,,,Cuz what ya see is what ya get ,,,,,, All Day all Night ,,, No need in using the room ,,Ill be dressed when I get there ,,,So depends on where we are going to what I wear ? An Let me check with Stacy & Clinton so I can be sure ,,,LOL,,,, Never can be to careful ,,Might make a Fashion FO,,,PAH,,,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    OMG!

I have never seen so much concern over meeting someone for a cup of coffee!

That's all this is. A fellow closet case wants to play dress up, so meet her for coffee and see if you girls can share the same space without creeping each other out. If one of you is nervous or uncomfortable THEN it gets real complicated cuz you're gonna have to say "I'm not really as comfortable as I thought I would be. I'm sorry. Let's stay in touch and maybe try it again some other time." Yeah, that's a real tricky situation alright.
    BT nails it again, I think.

As someone who has met numerous people from all sectors of the internet, including this forum, I can say that the paranoia is nearly always more bark than bite. I'll estimate that I've met between 10 and 15 people (only one from this forum), and the worst thing that happened was that one of them turned out to be a horrible person and incorrigible liar - over the course of a couple of years. Certainly, these are similar odds to people you might meet IRL. At no point did I ever end up chained up in a basement, or screaming as a hacksaw worked its way through a limb.

Of course, there are certain worthwhile precautions to take... Make sure you feel comfortable getting to know them before agreeing to meet. Look at what they say with a critical eye, maybe run their pics through tineye.com, do some cursory googling. If no obvious flaws come to light and you decide to meet, do so for the first time in a public place, preferably during daylight, in whatever mode of dress you feel most comfortable. If that goes well, like BT said... go on to the next step. If not, there's no shame in backing out. Also, I would make it clear what your expectations are for, and what they are not for... especially in regards to intimacy. If there's no chance of going that road, make that clear before you even meet.

For the record, my experience of meeting someone here went perfectly well. We met up at a CD store, browsed and bought boobs together, and went on our separate ways. When I got done, I wondered why I'd even been apprehensive at all about the situation. New things, I guess...

(:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Declaring it safe to meet someone from this site (or any other) is the the best way to make it unsafe.

Well, I was using a meet up site,ggs who love cds not many singles but lots of good times. For a brief period DACD, I met only a few interesting people who are still great friends. But the site had a similar web page it was related to which only yielded lunatics and bad people who were totally messed up.I must say the early expirence was remarkable but the last very horrible.Use caution with everything you say and do if the people or a person is too secretive I am pro discression but will be damned going to a complete strangers home, was not looking for intimacy just a clubbing friend or shopping buddy.
    Last edited by Confetti; 10-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.

I am far from a point of meeting anyone that I can't give any advice on this really. It's always better to be safe than sorry though and I agree that you may miss a great opportunity to make a friendship that may last a lifetime but if you are uncomfortable then it should be a pass for the time being..
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Andrews View Post
    I met Megan Martin a couple of months ago for lunch. We had been emailing, then had a couple of phone conversations. We met at the food court in the mall as guys. We met again at SCC as Cindy and Megan. We stay in touch often, now. If you are nervous, this is a good way to meet someone in a safe enviroment. This was my 1st time ever meeting someone dressed and I was extremely nervous. Megan is a great person and I'm very happy I met her. Be careful... but don't miss the chance to make friends
    Thanks for the endorsement Cindy, I have met many on the various media. Sometimes as guys sometimes as girls, just depends on the comfort level. for me it is much better to meet people in real time and not just have virtual friends.

Likewise girl you are a wonderful person to hang out with either as guys or girls.

ChelseaErte Also one other note this person may not be in the position to dress and leave from her house. Which has been the case for others who asked if they can dress at my hotel. I have also used other girls rooms to dress because of at the time I was un-able to leave from my home for whatever reason.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Let me clarify my earlier post to make sure everyone understands.

When i have dressed using another cd's room or likewise they do not dress in front of me or me in front of them. Typically one would use the restroom to change for privacy reasons. however many times we would do makeup either sharing the counter or some other arrangement. these parameters are set by mutual respect just as i would do if i shared a room with someone other than my wife.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Banned Read only
    Aw good grief folks. Lots of folks LEAPING here as usual. Unless something has changed, ALL motel and hotel rooms have bathrooms. I saw nothing in the OP that inferred either wanted or needed to watch the other person dress. Plus according to various threads, some here might spend an hour or two or FAR longer to get ready. Probably not something many here would or could do in a handy 7/11 bathroom?

I told a friend he could come to my place once to get ready as his children were not "on board" with his CDing at the time. Nary a problem with that but in all honesty, if anyone has ever been in the service or in a locker room situation at work or in school, you know there are very close quarters and not much privacy, so I really would not see an issue getting ready en femme with another person in the same room if need be. I kind of did that before while costume changing in a benefit drag show.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Responding to your Title, yes, it is safe to meet members from this Forum. As others have said, if you have any doubts meet in guy mode to get a better feel. I have met over 10 from this site, all now considered friends. Never had a problem. You are an adult with a lot of experience meeting people, so trust your intuition and get on with life. Sh*t happens even when we are doing everything according to the book as a guy or a girl. When it happens, we normally had no control over it, except maybe, "I should have stayed in bed all day!".

This site aside, 90% of the time when I set a date to meet someone from the internet, I am there waiting alone...

From this site, I am 100% meeting them, and very nice people they are too.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hmmm, I guess I have lots faith in my capacity to put up an extremely violent defense should the situation dictate. I generally welcome others to hang out with me when I go on biz travel. Mind you, I do conduct a "screening" process to see if there is enough common ground. If so, I welcome the opportunity to expand my circle of friends.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Banned Read only
    If it was just meeting for coffee in a public place then I would have no problem at all with almost anyone from here. But if I had a motel room and was dressed as Tara, of course I would be very cautious. If it was someone from here that has been here for a long time and I have gotten to know well on this site I wouldn't have a problem at all. Some of those members would be DocRobbySherry, Marleena, Annabelle Larousse, Karen H, Lorileah, Sonna, Stacy B, MsArlene, Frederique, Anne2345, Brandy J,Kimdl93, ReneeT and many others that I've grown to know quite well over my time here. I know it would be safe to meet in a motel for some dressing and sharing stories and conversation only.

But for that scenario of motel room meetings with members that haven't been on here very long, I would be a little leary until I got to know then rather well.

Love & Peace
    Tara D. Rose
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 10-05-2012 at 05:04 PM.

I just met someone today I was talking with thru another site. Met at the Starbucks inside a Target in guy mode. It was a great experience, was very cool and had a lot of things in common. It was only the second time I had ever met someone and I am looking forward to expanding my circle of friends.
    That being said, meeting at a hotel for the first time I would say no. I think you find out if you like them in normal mode before I would find out in dress mode.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    Hmmm, I guess I have lots faith in my capacity to put up an extremely violent defense should the situation dictate.
    You're probably just not the type to be frightened by your own shadow.

Allie called it up above, we're all adults and we meet people every day in one capacity or another. I have invited many people to my house without so much as knowing their real name and the thought of defending myself never even enters my mind. And to those who are horrified at the concept of somebody you don't know visiting your house I say my house isn't exactly a secret place and anybody who wants to do me harm isn't waiting for an invitation.

I am consistently amazed at the childlike attitudes on this forum. People are not scary, they're just people.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I've met over two dozen members of this forum, and possibly more. I started with the Sigma Nu Rho chapter of Tri-Ess, and met CherylT. ....we did an all-night diner quite a few times.

Besides going to various events, I've met quite a few of you at the Keystone Conference in Pennsilvania, and Southern Comfort Conference in Atlanta, Georgia.

Here, where I'm at, the NY, Pa, east coast crowd is quite lively, according to my girl FB page.

The end game: We are girls, we dress like girls....end of story. Those who need to go beyond, that is your business.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 10-05-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Hi JaytoJillian, I love your confidence.

To post or not to post? What the heck!

Great thread actually, as it has pulled out some great issues and fantastic heart-felt input. Some of us way more confident than others and that could be for various reasons... as could any lack of confidence.

There are many people here that I would LOVE to meet in person... I have got to know them virtually and would love to 'press the flesh' so to speak (not literally - it is a metaphor!)... But I had one instance where someone on this site freaked me out. I agreed to a video call over Messenger I think... great call - it seemed to go well. They had got into sexual relationships with strangers in hotels, and i was not so comfortable with where it was heading. Then this person started showing up on my 'drab-guy' facebook account and had potentially worked out who I was in real life... this was unsolicited and mega-creepy...

Most of us here are genuine and the mods spend loads of time trying to make sure that the wierdos don't get in and if they do then we get rid quick... but it isn't foolproof. Some slip through the net for a while... So please do be careful, as with any web-based social connection...

Melissa as always is common sense incarnate! Meeting over a coffee and getting to know someone... yeah! Go for it! That is what life is about. Personally I wouldn't invite a stranger into my hotel room though... not until we had established a 'real world' and not just a 'virtual' rapport. But I wouldn't expect any woman to do that either?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Beautiful Girl to Nikki ♥ Billiebluenose1878 GG's Avatar
    You are dead rite Kaz ... i would never ever agree to a meetup with someone in a hotel that i wasnt clued up about .... so many horrid thoughts fun through my head xxxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]To wake up and see SweetNikki i love by my side happy is very special and important to me xxxxx
    In life ... we dont lose friends .... we discover who our real friends really are ....

Cariad a Cwtches xxxxx

Love everyone equally and tolerate all xxxxx

@WelshbirdBillie on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    I generally welcome others to hang out with me when I go on biz travel.
    But you would get all the attention away from me...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have probably met about half of my friends on the Forum FtF, sometimes both in girl mode, sometimes both in guy mode.

I have also met friends from this forum when I've gone out town on business.

But, I would never invite them up to my room. Even when I'm traveling with male collegues, I don't go to their room. We meet in the lobby, and then go out to eat. Remember, you wouldn't be missed for some time if you didn't come back to the motel by midnight.

And suffice it to say, there are predators out there, whether you're a CD or not.

So, by all means, meet up, but for coffee or dinner, in neutral territory. And my personal rule: I'll show you my girl if you show me yours. I wouldn't want to meet someone that I expected to be dressed, who came in boy mode. I think I can handle myself in boy mode, but not nearly as well in heels and a skirt.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I wouldn't have any reservations had you been in this a bit longer,but you did mention you just started.Maybe with time you wont feel so worried about it.I usually like speaking via phone a few times at first and a pic helps in order to prove they are serious.It wouldn't be considered snoopy if you were to ask what their objectives were for the evening..then you can share yours.I can say this for sure,going out with a girl who has been around a while is more secure and you will learn more.Maybe before meeting with anyone you could take time to pick the most beneficial.