Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would love to post more face pics but am a little worried

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would love to post more face pics but am a little worried

Hi Girls As you have probably noticed most of my pics i have posted don't include my face The reason for this is that i have very a good job and a lot of friends who don't know my little secret I am frightened of what would happen if people from work or my friends found out ! What do you think the chances of non cd's finding my pics on the web ? ( i have my face in my avatar but it is small and i don't think i'm recognizable in it )

I've posted thousands of photos and videos all over the web.... here and facebook for almost a decade and never had anyone that doesn't know find out.... more likely that the photos on your phone or pc will give you away vs ones posted here... imho
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've posted thousands of photos and videos all over the web.... here and facebook for almost a decade and never had anyone that doesn't know find out.... more likely that the photos on your phone or pc will give you away vs ones posted here... imho
    .......I agree with Karren,I consider this my safe haven..
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I'm hoping you are right Karren having joined the show and tell brigade. In part my decision reflects a degree of comfort now with my photos. (Thankfully taking digital photos is cheap.)
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 10-06-2012 at 07:27 AM.

I agree a PC pic or phone pic as a way bigger shoot at outing you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

If you're worried, just make sure your avatar pic is safe, and make sure you only post pics in Members Only sections. You can't actually be worried about someone registering on this forum and then seeing something in a Members Only sub-forum.

The only thing you really have to worry about is doing something extra dumb, like posting incriminating things that could show up on a Google search. You don't want someone to randomly Google your real name or the company you work for or your email address and have posts from CD.com pop up in the search results.

I really need to get a remote wipe app for Android. Yesterday I was at a bar and couldn't find my phone, and I knew I probably just left it in my car, but I was still thinking, "What the hell? I've got all my logins to all my personal stuff on my phone!" Nevermind the fact that my ex took some pretty skanky pictures of me and then sent them to my phone.

Actually, if somebody started looking through my phone, they'd probably find it so depressing they'd kill themselves. They'd be like, "OMG! I found some weirdo tranny's phone, and the only things in the call history are bill collectors and therapists! And drunk texts to ex-girlfriends!"

Some very good comments have already been posted. I use a drawing for an avatar on here for that reason. On another site, I use a picture of myself with my hands cradling my face. This makes it so facial recognition software has a much more difficult time getting a match.

Ann

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel June View Post
    If you're worried, just make sure your avatar pic is safe, and make sure you only post pics in Members Only sections. You can't actually be worried about someone registering on this forum and then seeing something in a Members Only sub-forum.

The only thing you really have to worry about is doing something extra dumb, like posting incriminating things that could show up on a Google search. You don't want someone to randomly Google your real name or the company you work for or your email address and have posts from CD.com pop up in the search results.

I really need to get a remote wipe app for Android. Yesterday I was at a bar and couldn't find my phone, and I knew I probably just left it in my car, but I was still thinking, "What the hell? I've got all my logins to all my personal stuff on my phone!" Nevermind the fact that my ex took some pretty skanky pictures of me and then sent them to my phone.

Actually, if somebody started looking through my phone, they'd probably find it so depressing they'd kill themselves. They'd be like, "OMG! I found some weirdo tranny's phone, and the only things in the call history are bill collectors and therapists! And drunk texts to ex-girlfriends!"
    great post and thank you it has helped me a lot !! )))

I like to be private and feel posting pictures is the same as going out in public. Still figuring Stevie out. Maybe one day she will be brave and show.

I am in the closet but still post pics online.
    There is always a chance of being discovered but I am not that worried about it.
    I think it would be hard to recognise me even for someone who knows me, with the wigs and all that makeup I look
    very different

I used to worry that if I shared photos they'd somehow end up in the front page of the newspaper. Then I remembered no one reads newspapers anymore. Also I'm out to most people I know anyway. Good thing is many people who know me need things from me or owe me money so they have to be nice to me. And I've always been a little out there anyway so maybe it wasn't a surprise. So maybe my experience isn't typical

Your pics are also posted in post offices all across the nation
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have seen my pic in a few places online but I look different enough I'm not worried about it.
    I saw my pic on a web site out of the UK talking about why women are overweight and had pics of chubby/overweight women and girls.
    I contacted them and asked for payment for using my name and pic with out consent.
    The picture and name were removed within a few hours.

This is a very interesting issue... my advice is if you are not sure... DON'T!

Having said that... I don't look anything like my real self when in Kaz mode, so I am more relaxed. You also have to think about why any non-CD would be on this site? The only way they would find out is to admit to being here... ???

xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

i really don't think your freinds look at this website...and you are very pretty and passable...why hide such a pretty face??

wendy

Banned Read only
    If your friends or work colleagues are not CD/TG/TS/IS, why would they be looking here for you? Again, as has been said, if you are not sure or comfortable, don't

This should be safe...if you get recognised then you have a new friend...or rather share a "secret" ?

I want to be who I really am...pretending is catching up to me...qiuckly !!!
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !

Kaz has pretty much summed it up. Here is relative secure but once you upload a photo to the internet you can never tell where it will end.
    "I'm not sure. But I'll never know unless I give it a shot."

i have a teenage son, at his age he has enough on his plate without being confronted by the sight of his dad all dressed up. while i know the chances of this happening are miniscule, while the chance is there then its not a risk im willing to take. who knows, i could end up like this guy! http://www.cracked.com/blog/how-goog...-famous-moron/

also, to be honest, i quite like how my body looks dressed up and dont really like pics where my ugly mug spoils the effect!

in short, if a pic is ever taken of me where i think a) im totally unrecognisable to my male self and b) my face enhances the pic rather than spoils it, then i'll post it right away. promise
    I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
    England is mine, and it owes me a living

Me Too

Get that Camera out my FACE !!!!!!!!! Attachment 188889
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 03-03-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: quote removed, please stop quoting large posts
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katie73 View Post
    .....in short, if a pic is ever taken of me where i think a) im totally unrecognisable to my male self and b) my face enhances the pic rather than spoils it, then i'll post it right away. promise
    I worried initially, but to be honest now, I'll live with the outing should it happen.

Damn and blast on both counts for me Katie.
    Also, I like the signature quote.

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
    England is mine, and it owes me a living

Is it from the official DSS website?

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

While I understand the whole concept of wanting to be loved and accepted by everyone, for who you really are, you have to decide exactly how realistic that is. A whole lot of the world is going to think you're weird, if not mentally ill. If you're really lucky, the people who are currently your employers, your co workers, and your friends and relatives will be wonderfully accepting of you as a crossdresser.

But I wouldn't count on it. Which is why I don't post pictures of my face on anything even remotely associated with crossdressing. I don't need any more negative drama in my life than I already have.

But you decide. It's your life. If you welcome drama, go for it all and plaster your pics with you as a girl all over the net. Then, there's no turning back, and you'll probably have forced yourself to wear your 'I'm a crossdresser and proud of it' nametag everywhere you go. Which is fine. If that's what you want.

Or, you can stay somewhat in the closet and only paste your pics on forums where it's required to be a member to see them. At least, you're giving yourself a chance to stay somewhat anonymous for a while, anyway.

Best of luck with your decision.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi Anastasia. I understand your concern but I had too seek this site out, you have to be interested in crossdressing to come here, it not likely someone you know will a) stumble upon this site b) be here long enough to find your picture and then c) recognise you in your makeup etc. I think you would have to be a fellow crossdresser to come that far.

That said I am from Essex and I will be looking for you now lol

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    That said I am from Essex and I will be looking for you now lol
    I'm expecting to bump into either one of you any day now
    When you see your ship go sailing...

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pexetta View Post
    I'm expecting to bump into either one of you any day now
    I get into Essex as part of my work now and again, so I'll be looking for all of you!

If you are not wholly comfortable posting pics, I suppose the best advise is as Kaz stated, 'DON'T'. As with most things, in your own time is best.

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk