Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would love to post more face pics but am a little worried

After my last professional makeover my best friend who knows Paula very well said that even he wouldn't recognize me if I hadn't told him. And I don't think he was bs'ing me either.

Working in IT and knowing how well facial recognition software is developing, I'm sure it will not be long before big brother begins using it as well as others will follow. Love to CD, love my paycheck too...

Silver Member
    I've posted photos here and elsewhere on the web---no mask just heavy make up with wigs, clothes etc----I've never been recognized except by those who know Me as Janessa
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I like to be private and feel posting pictures is the same as going out in public. Still figuring Stevie out. Maybe one day she will be brave and show.

I am in the closet but still post pics online.
    There is always a chance of being discovered but I am not that worried about it.
    I think it would be hard to recognise me even for someone who knows me, with the wigs and all that makeup I look
    very different

I used to worry that if I shared photos they'd somehow end up in the front page of the newspaper. Then I remembered no one reads newspapers anymore. Also I'm out to most people I know anyway. Good thing is many people who know me need things from me or owe me money so they have to be nice to me. And I've always been a little out there anyway so maybe it wasn't a surprise. So maybe my experience isn't typical

Slime to none. What are they doing cruising a TG web site any way? I have been on this site for years and relatively open on the web, a FB page pictures on different sites and I have never been "found out" at least no one has brought it up. I kind of keep hoping it will happen so maybe I'll meet some new old friends I know there must be a friend from both sides out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I was kind of worried also at first and waited about a year before posting an avatar of myself.That was about 5 years ago and things are still fine.I think a good thing to do is to just evaluate both male and female pics side by side and give them your own good thorough going over.Look deeply to see if someone could make you or not.I did this and was able to come to the conclusion that I looked different enough not to worry about it anymore.

My male self looks very different to my female persona (Which I guess is the general idea?). Any side by side comparison and I think a lot of people might struggle to connect the two.

Worst case scenario, they might think it's your long lost twin sister
    Last edited by SallyS; 03-04-2013 at 05:12 AM.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Once a picture leaves your computer, it is out of your control forever. It never dies, and it cannot be controlled. It exists then on thousands and thousands of hard-drives the world over Check the number of times one of your picture threads have been viewed. Your picture has been duplicated at least that many times, as browser cache files (not counting the 100 times you viewed it yourself -- guilty as charged, LOL --).

But here's the question: Do you trust everyone who has an account on this forum to that extent?

Are there possibly lurkers here who have ... other ... interests which might wind them up with court-appointed forensics experts seizing their computers? Might your picture wind up as evidence along side some seriously foul stuff?

Could your real-life circle of friends actually include other people on this board?
    Could your picture be so nice that someone may appropriate it and try to pass it off as their own?

In every case, the possibility of these things is very ... extraordinarily ... low. But not impossible.
    And they have all happened (though perhaps not on this specific board).

Lordy! I tried to post face pictures. It was a blast, but after the second day I just couldn't sleep at night, because all that crap. Call me a chronic worrier.
    If you can live with the infinitesimal possibility that some crazy sh*t could go down, and you can live with the consequences of having to explain yourself in those situations ... rock on sista! I found that I just can't, though :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I might add for those that think someone whose not a crossdresser: "why would they be on a crossdressing sight?". I received a picture from my male male friends of a cd with no face showing but a really cute short dress and top on and the head of his penis just peaking out under the dress. This was sent by this guy friend to 20 of his friends, me being one of them and none knowing I'm a crossdresser. Chatting afterwards many of my friends thought it was very funny. My point is that anyone can go on to any crossdressing site out of curiosity and there we are in all our gurlly spendor. So I am careful but over the many years of being on sites and having my own I know I'm out there but we do have to be careful and try to use good judgement if it's your choice to remain closeted. I've always been torn by wanting others to see me all fem but still keeping it private from friends and family.

So here's the thing IMO. Don't post anything on the internet you are not prepared to let go of. While it's true that the chance of some one who is vanilla to our way of life is small, keep this in mind: The population of the United States is small when compared to India or China. Meaning the internet is a big place and it is feasible someone will stumble across your pictures. Or look at it this way, every time you get in your car there's a risk you'll be in an accident. Not likely, but possible. I was actually outed a while back, because pictures I posted on this forum. Made their way to over to Flikr without my knowledge. It was a before and after, so I was most certainly recognized. While it turned out to be okay and my friend was quite supportive is was still an issue I would have preferred to avoid. So just remember there's always a risk, what matters is how much risk you're willing to take.
    My love is god; let's go get a slushie . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've posted thousands of photos and videos all over the web.... here and facebook for almost a decade and never had anyone that doesn't know find out.... more likely that the photos on your phone or pc will give you away vs ones posted here... imho

Your pics are also posted in post offices all across the nation
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have seen my pic in a few places online but I look different enough I'm not worried about it.
    I saw my pic on a web site out of the UK talking about why women are overweight and had pics of chubby/overweight women and girls.
    I contacted them and asked for payment for using my name and pic with out consent.
    The picture and name were removed within a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    I feel very safe on CD.com, my theory is if a friend or coworker finds you here there was a reason they were looking. I assume it means they are one of us and are in the same boat.
    Not necessarily. People aren't always as good as you want to think; there's lots of evil people out there, just looking to make other people's lives miserable. I work with someone like that; always looking for ways to screw with other people he works with, he enjoys ****ing up other people's lives, just because he can. Remember, some people just suck. Just because most of the people you know are nice, doesn't mean all of them are. Prisons exist for a very good reason.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.