Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things People Say

Things People Say

Understand, nobody but my wife knows about my dressing.

My wife was at the doctor's office yesterday and after her treatment, she was talking to her friend who works there and the other ladies in the office who know her as well. They also know me because I'm a patient.

They were talking and decided to all have lunch together and picked a date. My wife said "Is this a girls only lunch or can I bring (my name)?" Her friend said "It's a girls only lunch." Then the other lady said "Well, you could dress him as a woman and bring him."

My wife said nothing.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Linda, that's funny! People have a funny way of coming so close to the truth an never knowing it.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    Won't they be surprised when you show up?

Ya gotta love it! Let us know if you go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kristi!

I wonder how many people talk like this as just joking around, not to be mean- but just outre humor. One of my older brothers would hang around with his group of friends- they were all straight, but if they say someone gay- they would not hassle the person at all, (unless of could said person decides to be a deliberate jerk to them), but the jokes would go around the rest of the night as if they had all suddenly changed to being gay- just taking advantage of being able to joke around AS IF. This would go for any particular group of society one might describe as being a 'group' not mainstream.

Being a younger brother hanging out with them- it was hilarious as hell. These guys were serious adults- one held a political office, others were police and fire, some blue collar, some white collar. I know my brother suspected me of being gay or a TG so i wonder if a little of it way a way of (gently) yanking my chain, and i know some of the other guys had other issues we occasionally picked on..

It's hard to describe- no real rules- except being outright nasty or personally insulting was definately over the limit. i sometimes wonder if it was also a way of dealing with issues that were sort of taboo or different. This sense of humor was dangerous to me- I kind of grew up assuming people were pretty cool- you could make jokes and goof around and it was in good fun- nobody really being a jerk. maybe they were the tail end of the hippies- okay with people doing their own thing, but not being so obsequious about it. you have to admit- the hippie thing got a little tiring after a while- even now- whenever i hear 'it's all good' I mentally gag...

Guess i got to hang out with some pretty special people when i got to hang out with my brother and his friends- the groups i would meet were almost always more ignorant, rude, uncouth, and sophomoric. Occasionally i get to meet or work with someone who knows how to roll with a joke, knows it's just a silly thing, so the question is-

was the lady above just saying 'what the heck', were they referring so someone who they knew crossdressed? Were they joking as we did- broaching a subject that maybe they were not part of, but realize and accepted as part of the way things are?

Brings to mind an old quote from someone unknown- "One great use of words it to hide ones true feelings"

:-/

-Kristi

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi5150 View Post
    Ya gotta love it! Let us know if you go for it.
    I won't be going for it. I'm not ready to "out" myself. My wife isn't ready for it either.

It was just kind of cute the way it happened and my wife couldn't wait to tell me about it. She told me she had to bite her tongue.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I won't be going for it. I'm not ready to "out" myself. My wife isn't ready for it either.

It was just kind of cute the way it happened and my wife couldn't wait to tell me about it. She told me she had to bite her tongue.
    I'll send you a 100 bucks if ya do it! LOL

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Launa View Post
    I'll send you a 100 bucks if ya do it! LOL

And I'll send you $20.

A guy at work asked me for a light. I pulled out my pink bic lighter and he said "WHAT' a pink lighter, like not wanting to use it, But he did, and I said, yes I like it, because it matches my underwear, they all laughed, but only I knew, that what I said was true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara D. Rose View Post
    And I'll send you $20.

A guy at work asked me for a light. I pulled out my pink bic lighter and he said "WHAT' a pink lighter, like not wanting to use it, But he did, and I said, yes I like it, because it matches my underwear, they all laughed, but only I knew, that what I said was true.
    I have a pink lighter also that I carry sometimes I gave it to a friend to use and he didn't say a word, then tried stealing it lol

Linda, I am sure your wife bit down real hard too lol That is such a great story and I am sure it happens a lot in every day life. more than we can imagine
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Some people just don't know how close they come with a joke.
    I usually brush it aside but if I do take it up I build on it and look for reactions.
    Then I go on to something else.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

LOL...my wife would have said...OK, that should be no problem....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member
    Your wife should have said well I guess I will put him in a dress and bring him then.

Banned Read only
    I think this could work out for you and your wife if the luncheon was set for October 31st????

I guess it's not a "girls only lunch" after all. It's a "people dressed as girls lunch".

That's a cute story Linda. By the way, we haven't had an update in ages!!! Anymore progress???

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Linda, that's funny! People have a funny way of coming so close to the truth an never knowing it.
    Tina B.
    Linda, what the heck? Just go for it!

girly girl
    One Monday morning at work, a day or two after my first ever mani/pedi, one of my male coworkers was telling us how his 8 year old daughter had painted his toenails over the weekend. He said he let her do it to be a good dad. He said someone had seen it later on so then he had some 'splaining to do. At that moment I had a split second decision to make on whether to reveal my purple toes. I REALLY wanted to say "I had mine done this weekend too". Everyone listening would have said "yeah right". Then I could have made some bets and won enough money to buy a super nice dress. But, the conversation changed to something else before I could gracefully join in so I didn't get it out there. They have no idea how close to home they were!

Linda, I'll bet this might happen again, and as you and your wife get more comfortable with where you are, she might not bite her tongue! If it were me, I'd have jumped at the chance.
    Last edited by Claire Cook; 10-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Things like this happen to me all the time lol, probably because of my long hair and the fact I always shave my facial hair. If only they knew how close to the truth they were lol
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

That funny. It's to bad we don't think fast enough to give a good reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    That funny. It's to bad we don't think fast enough to give a good reply.
    My tutor was giving a lecture the other day and asked if any of the girls were wearing high heels (I can't remember why I think he was trying to make some connection between what we were talking about and how silly women's fashion can be) and when it turned out none of them were he said something along the lines of 'oh there's some really girlish boy in these groups though' and looked around at me (as the only guy with long hair it was bound to be me lol) and then said 'what about you Ryan are you wearing high heels?'. I just said no in a really deadpan way which got a laugh, wasn't until later I thought I should have just said 'not today'. I'm going to have to write a list of come backs for these situations lol
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Aspiring Member
    Crossdressing spirits. Synchronicity. People pick up on energies without even knowing it. You meet in life the exact reproduction of your own thoughts and actions. This type of stuff happens to me all the time and I don't think of it as coincidence either.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan_CD View Post
    That's a cute story Linda. By the way, we haven't had an update in ages!!! Anymore progress???
    It's still moving forwards. After several mentions of a wig she said we could get me a wig while we're at the mall. Well, the wig store is gone from the mall and I told her that and said I could just buy on on-line. She said "OK" so it's ordered.

There has been some talk about going out for Halloween but nothing specific. I might get some padded panties before then just in case.

Other than that, it's boobs and girl clothes around the house pretty much all the time but boy clothes away from the house. We spent a week on vacation and I was in drab the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    Linda, I'll bet this might happen again, and as you and your wife get more comfortable with where you are, she might not bite her tongue! If it were me, I'd have jumped at the chance.
    I'm not ready for the drama of being outed to people I know. Maybe someday, but not yet.

After the wig the final step I think is makeup? Sounds like Halloween will happen and if it goes well and she is comfortable, you might reach the next level!