Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what is it about CDing and Pantyhose?

what is it about CDing and Pantyhose?

Yes, what is it that every single CD friend I run into, has either pantyhose or stockings and usually those fancy printed or textured ones, mind you I live in Florida, the land of alligators, palmetto bugs(and that is a nice way of calling them), and free sauna all day long no membership required!

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    There are a few things about pantyhose, Inna, that CDs like.

First, in and of itself, pantyhose has a feel that you cannot get from any article of men's clothing. For that reason, it is sexy in a feminine way.

Second, certainly if a man doesn't shave his legs, but even if a CD does and wears a skirt or dress to keep her legs bare, the skin will generally not feel as smooth as a woman's skin naturally is. So pantyhose is a way to enhance the softness (and the pretty look) of her legs.

So, similar to the joke that after work women can't wait to get home and take off their bras while CDs can't wait to get home and put on their bras, pantyhose don't hold the utilitarian function for a CD that it does for a woman.

Hope this helps explain why even in a hot and humid environment, pantyhose offers a distinct appeal to someone who isn't "forced" to wear it.
    Last edited by ColleenA; 10-12-2012 at 01:22 PM.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

Nothing! The girls that I go out with and I only wear them when the outfit requires them, and almost never during the warmer months.

For me, I love the feel and how they make my legs look! I wish they would come back into fashion for real women as I find them attractive on them as well but it seems that the nude bare leg look is here to stay.

Yes, in Florida, and often in here in SoCal, nylons are a non-starter.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Nothing! The girls that I go out with and I only wear them when the outfit requires them, and almost never during the warmer months.
    What Allie said.

(and now putting tongue firmly in cheek...)

Might the converse be true? What is it about TS women and no pantyhose???

Wait, tongue-in-cheek might not be indicated for that one. I'm trying to think of the last time I saw one of my TS friends in nylons. Perhaps...never???

Jeez, now I'm gonna have to change my avatar!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Gold Member
    I am going with Allie also. The pairs I have are probably 2-3 years old. I only wear them with the appropriate outfit. It is probably the difference between those that dress strictly for the clothes and are non-fetish and those that have more reasons (getting out, middle path, etc).

A couple days ago, my wife and I were shopping and walked past the panty hose display. She said "I guess next you'll be wanting to wear panty hose." I said "Well, I need something to hide my hairy legs."

End of conversation. If I'm not leaving the house, I don't need panty hose. If I do, I'll need panty hose, tights, pants, or Nair.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I think it's an entry level "requirement" Inna. Those of us who have been doing this pretty much "forever" can take 'em or leave 'em for the most part.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I love wearing pantyhose but when trying to pass it's better to abstain in most circumstances thanks to today's fashion trends.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    AMEN sister. Don't get it at all unless the outfit would look better with them. And that's only when dressing up. Which Unfortunatly doesn't happen as much as I would like. It's hard to find occasions that call for that evening dress.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I guess its just up to each to see which way you prefer to wear or not. Always prefer to wear especially after shaving . Just like the way my painted toenails look thru them.
    Renee

Growing up in the 1950's hose was the way to go & I went that way and fell in love wearing stockings, pantyhose was/is the next step for this old gal.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I think it's an entry level "requirement" Inna. Those of us who have been doing this pretty much "forever" can take 'em or leave 'em for the most part.
    Exactly it's part of the CD initiation and learning experience. Part of which requires you spend half of your gross after tax income for the first 5-10 years out of the closet purchasing hundred's of pairs that will never see the light of day, or that do not fit properly. Just in case one pair get's a run it's always nice to have at least 10 additional pairs as a back up.

Then slowly transitioning to pants or going bare legged. Some of us however are still kind of stuck in this introductory phase. In my case I've been stuck for around 30 years, although I do have hope I will eventually grow out of it.

Of course some CD's have it easier and are only stuck in the corset, shoe, femskin, bra, panty or breast form phase!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I've detailed my thoughts on this in another thread, but...

I agree with the entry level statement. At first, hose were very exciting to me. So was lipstick, and a nightie. I could get dressed with just those three things and be very, very satisfied. Today if I did that, I'd say "Now what?" and, "Brrr. I'm cold!"

For me it was also an outgrowth of a fetish for hose in general. I wanted to wear them. I wanted to be involved with women who were wearing them. When I was 19, those things were more or less forbidden to me. And in the years since, I've indulged all of those fantasies many times over. And as such, the thrill is no longer there in the same way.

Now, I just find them utilitarian, and as others have said - they're not necessarily useful all that often. My dressing has evolved far beyond wearing hose. Thank god - I'd be mighty bored if I was doing the same thing today that I was ten years ago.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

I have always loved a sheer pair of pantyhose. They were my first foray into this and I still love them today. And yes I do have many extras just in case of run.

Banned Read only

Wink CDing and Pantyhose

Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    Yes, what is it that every single CD friend I run into, has either pantyhose or stockings and usually those fancy printed or textured ones, mind you I live in Florida, the land of alligators, palmetto bugs(and that is a nice way of calling them), and free sauna all day long no membership required!
    Well, I live in Georgia, which is only slightly cooler than Florida. I must admit that I like pantyhose, even though they are helpful in keeping me warm only a few months per year. Unless a CD is in her teens or twenties, pantyhose make big improvements in appearance. You can seem to have “perfect legs” even though you don’t! As for fancy hosiery, printed or textured, I actually prefer Hanes Silk Reflections Style 717, which are sheer, sandal toe, and designed to give a bare legged look. They look very feminine … and isn’t that what it’s all about?

I wore pantyhose for the first time this year when I went to church two weeks ago. Being bare legged in church sort of bugged me. Last weekend it was cold so I wore a pair with patterns and tore them. If the event calls for stockings I might wear them but just to get the "look" of the pin up. Otherwise...bare legs. Hey if I am going to take the time to shave, I am going to show
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Being CD,TG or TS may change the relationship to clothes but does not have to change the appreciation only the reasons they may be appreciated.

I like heavy knit stockings and the Northwest is perfect weather and where some may regret the end of summer I look foreward to the change because of the different clothes I can now wear comfortably.

A couple of years ago, I remember watching an episode of CSI Miami where Horatio Caine, in his Captain Kirk/Hawaii Five-O Steve McGarrett voice, stumbles across a dead body and says "she's not from Miami...women from Miami don't wear pantyhose".

For me, I'm all about being the girl. Wherever fashion goes, I go. I don't get locked into the iconic female attire (heels, hose, garters, this/that) that I see some crossdressers do. You can put electrodes on my forehead and do an EKG or cat scan or MRI on my brain and find that I don't get excited by the mere sight of women's garments. I just want to be a girl, or a woman.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 10-12-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Silver Member
    I'm not a CD, but for a TS perspective... I wear pantyhose or tights if I'm wearing a skirt or dress and want to:

A) give more color to my WHITE legs
    B) if it's cute and matches the outfit
    C) not feel so exposed (not used to skirts and dresses... especially ones that flow...) What if there's a big gust of wind?!? AHHH!!!

But all those reasons fail usually because it's just too dang hot here.

... and I'm just now starting to wear girlier outfits than jeans and t-shirts.

Platinum Member
    Hi Inna, I love the feel of support and control top hose and the way they make my legs look.
    You can have my pantyhose when you tear them off my cold dead body.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

In places like equatorial Florida my hairless legs fit in quite nicely thank you.
    A little fake tan and away I go.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Pantyhose will always be my first love. They are currently out, fashion wise, but Pippa seems to be bringing them back. The fall preview issue of Elle (which is my favorite women's magazine) seemed to have lots of ads and features with women wearing some sort of hosiery, so maybe they are coming back!

Anyway, I loved the feeling they gave me when I was younger. Everything gets held in and confined, stretchy and silky at the same time.

Are they necessary? No, especially not in Florida. Are they fun? Absolutely!

Lately I have been gravitating towards tights. What a great way to add color and or detract from the legs when I am going for a look but still get the silky feel of pantyhose. Plus, I love the way they show the legs best parts. I could go on and on....

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Hope Joanna's Wife!! Joannas_fiance's Avatar
    Ok.. I am a GG and I Love my Joanna in nylons, hold-ups, tights, garters the whole nine yards!! They're sexy and not to mention Joanna is smokin in them.. I Love the way they feel also if it matters..

Hope
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] For My Heart Is Only For You, Joanna!!! xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Joannas_fiance View Post
    Ok.. I am a GG and I Love my Joanna in nylons, hold-ups, tights, garters the whole nine yards!! They're sexy and not to mention Joanna is smokin in them.. I Love the way they feel also if it matters..

Hope
    Yay! It does matter!

Also it's great to hear how supportive of Joanna you are. I bet that post just made her night

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb