Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why do your crossdress?

Aspiring Member
    I cd because it makes me center. I am happy when dressed and it just is another day. The days of it being a rush have pretty much faded. I have yet to go public but I almost don't care what other people think I want to be happy for a change. The clothes bring another side of me out and let's it flourish. That's what it is for me a flourishing time. I feel Luke I can except myself then.

I wear female clothing to look and feel normal.

I think of myself as female all the time.

Why do I feel this way?

Who knows? ... Who cares?

i am more comfortable in a skirt, panties and nightgown, so I dress like that everyday, and i don't know why, but I love to curtsey in from of a mirror, and you can't do that ifg you;re naked or wearing pants,

Dressing enfemme, especially when in full makeup, including a wig, is an adventure, dressing male is a bore & a snore.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

One reason - some of the clothes are comfortable.
    Another is because I'm always so cautious, uncomfortable, and uptight when I try to be strictly "man's look".
    Plus instead of wearing the Modern Family look or whatever, I'd just as soon look pretty and femme.

Plus I feel a lot prettier and sexier when I'm with my partner when he's accepting of "Brenne".

I might edit this post when I think of other reasons.
    - Phoebe Brenne

I dress because I want to express my complete self, not just one side. The duality of my true self is masculine and feminine, and I cannot deny one over the other. I seek balance, and dressing allows me to channel my feminine energy. I have accepted that I need to outwardly be a girl sometimes. I just hope that our society catches up to us one day.

When I dress like a woman or whatever my ideal of a woman, physically is, I feel like it closer matches
    how I feel and have always felt inside. Sensitive, Intuitive, Considerate and just down right, kind.
    Most of these traits are associated with women. The softness of a woman's clothes, the brighter colors
    and variety of styles blows away the boring sameness in men's clothing.
    I've never felt comfortable in a suit and tie. Give me a light flowing skirt, lacey top and lots
    of great things on underneath and I'm right where I want to be.

sheilagirl,
    A fantastic post darlin.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

So i don't have to spend money at the bar ... Good lord I'm shallow (and also just kidding).

Really, it's for sanity. I crossdress because i did it once and found out how great it feels. I continue because i have no impulse control and it makes me more aware of my body. Not just in a sexual way, but it makes me feel charged and alive. I'm aware that i am in a body and i am havinga human experience. I spend a lot of time in guy mode in my head thinking, but in girl mode, i spend much more time in my body feeling.
    Last edited by May(be); 12-06-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Banned Read only
    This is a great time for me to answer this question because for the next two weeks I'm going to be "home alone" and will have ample opportunity to dress--on some days for the entire day. BTW, TeresaL, I AM left handed! Guess I'm doubly cursed, huh.

Anyway, I dress for a number of reasons, these are just a few: 1) I really do wish I was a woman; if circumstances were different I'd be working on it right now, 2) Some of my earliest memories are of dressing in mom's stuff, 3) When I don't dress for a period of time I feel miserable, 4) I love the feeling of lingerie, especially pantyhose and bras, 5) I hate tight-whiteys, 6) on the occasion when I do go out and pass at any level, I feel really fulfilled.

I hope someday we can quit asking these questions and just live our lives for who we are without all the stigma.

Quote Originally Posted by sheilagirl View Post
    Intuitive, Considerate and just down right, kind.
    Most of these traits are associated with women. .
    Men have these traits as well. I do.....oh wait a minute.....never mind....
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Because I like to wear a bra and girdle under a dress. And because I like to wear high heels and nylons, not pantyhose. And because I like to wear makeup and have long hair styled nicely. And yet, I don't want to be a woman or to be held or kissed by a man.

Because it makes me feel pretty.....and happy!

I have for all my life felt like some sort of an outcast. Never really fitting in anywhere.
    When I dress I feel like I fit, I just feel more comfortable. And with the great people here I feel like I fit it.

It just make me feel good about myself. Feel ore content, not trying to fit into the norm.
    I just feel like me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I enjoy my masculinity, but also crave the ability to express my feminity. Many people over the course of my life as asked if I was gay. I'm not. But I have many female likes and actions. I feel complete when I can express both sides of me. I love womens cloths, fabrics, the cut of them on my body and all the styles they can wear. I enjoy the primping with getting my nails done, makeup and of course the shopping. While I would love to dress more, I don't see myself going 24/7. Don't need to loose my other self in the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Quote Originally Posted by beccaturner View Post
    I crossdress, probably mostly because of jealousy. i can't help but think, look at the usually rough boring stuff men wear, compared to the beautiful fabrics, clothes and heels women wear. Why should women be the only ones to enjoy the best things in life. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a lot of the aspects of being a man, but i just prefer the clothes of a woman.
    I feel exactly the same. And, strangely enough I feel like a kinder more patient person when I take on the female persona.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Aspiring Member
    I'm with Krista1985, on this one plus it helps to relive stress for me.

This was one of the first questions I asked on an online forum when I admitted within myself that I was crossdresser. I couldn't figure out why I was compelled to do it because I wanted to quit so badly. What I have learned over the years is that there isn't a uniform answer why people do it and there's not a solid explanation for the phenomenon in general.

I like how the clothes feel and look.

Why oh why! Not really sure, lots of reasons. When I don't I get an urge to. The longer I do not dress the stronger the urge gets. When I do dress I feel different inside. I like the feel of the clothes and the sensation of a tight bra, loose panties and the loose skirt. I love the feel of heels and the altered centre of gravity! I also love the feeling I get inside, I can't really describe it very well - one of happiness, enjoyment, relaxing, calming, exciting and conentment. I just don't like the feeling of maybe getting caught.
    I love the feeling of being dressed.
    I have a dream of true equality - including clothes and make up.
    Hugs Joanne.

As my screen name states, "alwayshave." To know the real reason we would have to delve into the mind of the six year old boy who started dressing. Now a days, it just feels right. I love the fabrics and colors. I love femininity, not just in my preference of clothes, but all things feminine.

I do it because I can't help it. Simple as that.

I love it hard to say why, i love doing my make up i love the feel of the cloths, i love seeing me with breast. I have always felt this way.

It's very very simple, it's so much fun. To sit at a bar with your legs crossed with stockings and five inch heels is awesome. Also men like looking at tits. But the best thing is in the morning I am still a man. It's kinda like the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by susangirl; 12-07-2012 at 11:17 PM.

I crossdresser because if I didn't I would go around naked, which would stop the worlds clocks, and the end of civilization as we know it !

I'm Always Rainbow Proud