Thread: A Funeral Home made me overcome the jitters yesterday

A Funeral Home made me overcome the jitters yesterday

Ok did I grab your attention?
    Ok, I know sometimes I'm a bit wacky but heres what happened to me....

Yesterday I went out to a store to get a new fitted bra. I heard about this womans clothing superstore in our city that was having a bra sale.

I started driving to the store which is in the center of town where a lot of our friends work, live and shop. On the way to this store I was feeling a bit jittery which I thought I was beyond that feeling of fear but I guess it can still creep back up every once in a while and like a whip crack you in the back of the head with the same old fears again. For a moment I was thinking maybe I should do this another day, yada, yada.
    Anyway as I was driving down this busy avenue going to the store, I came up to a red light and looked over to see a big funeral home. Then a voice came over me and my brain said, "you're going to have to go there one day so you better have no regrets."

At that point the edgy jitters calmed down real fast and I had my confidence back. I got to this superstore, parked the car and went inside. I saw the first SA and said, "excuse me I would like to buy a bra for myself would you be ok with me being a man?"
    The SA said, "hey you're not the first guy and you won't be the last guy we've had in here so follow me." I was measured on the spot at the bra rack and the lady grabbed 3 bras and took me to the change rooms and said give them a try and let me know if you need a hand.

I tried them and 2 fit perfectly but while I had my forms in them and was looking in the mirrors the SA was talking to all the customers in the stalls. She was at the far end and I heard her say, how are you making out in #2? The woman replied back, "fine."
    Then the same thing was said down the line to all the stalls. I heard the voice say, "how are you making out in #6?" My low male voice said, "can you take a look for me" I opened the door and she took a look and said they fit well and gave me a few pointers on bras in general.

NOTE!! I'm not the kind of person that wants to parade around and embarrass other customers in positive situations like this but I have to say I was feeling pretty good about myself at the time and that I could speak so matter of fact out loud.

The SA and I talked a bit more and went to the checkout where this older lady took over and rang everything through the till. She was asking all sorts of questions like, "would you like to be a preferred customer and how did it fit etc?" I answered but I was feeling a hair nervous again because there were other customers behind me and some of the lady shoppers had their husbands with them but it was all good. The lady said please come back. I know that not all my shopping ventures will be this positive but this was a good one.

I'm still wondering what those ladies were thinking in the change room stalls beside me when they could hear my voice and having a conversation with the SA about the bras

Now everytime I get the fear about doing what I want to do I will look over or think about that Funeral home and say, "you better have no regrets with your crossdressing!"

Launa

I found your story quite interesting! I think my ownly regret is I didn't go full time earler in life!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Even a funeral home wouldn't have made me that brave, I am just not to that point yet. I am suppose to go to ULTA on halloween for a make over and I keep getting the jitters over just the thought of it and it's still 2 weeks away. I think everyone still gets them every once in awhile so it doesn't seem unnatural. I am glad you over came yours and got a couple new bras that actually fit properly the big plus is you didn't run into friends and such while you were there.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I have had very nice conversations with lady shoppers and sales assistants - if I am polite they seem to be as well

We have to be born, we have to pay taxes, we have to die. The rest is up to us. We might as well enjoy.

I use to avoid SA's as much as possible. The first time I asked a SA for advice I was looking for a blouse to wear to the Governor's Ball. The first SA looked at me funny and handed me off to another SA saying this one's for you. The second SA was very nice and I found a blouse that fit me right. That was about 12 years ago and now I ask for help all the time. It is just fun to see all the different reactions. Just have fun with it.

Aspiring Member

It is usually a problem in our own mind

I had an interesting reminder of this today at the CLARK'S store in Hanover, PA. I walked in and the female SA greeted me warmly and asked how I was doing. Over a year ago she helped me select a pair of shoes and I've seen her there a few times since, on average about once every 6 months. Every time I get a friendly greeting.

I selected a pair of sling-backs for summer (hey, this is the clearance section) and my wife selected some mud shoes. I remarked that I wish they had them in my size and the SA searched through the computer inventory and had another SA go upstairs to find sizes that were close that might fit. Unfortunately they didn't. If she had any problems about my cross-gender shoe selections she could have just pointed me to the mens section where similar shoes were stacked but she searched the women's selections for me without even being asked.

My wife and I discussed this on the way home and we both agreed that I have either been extremely lucky or the fears are all in our own minds, I shop regularly for Fem clothing either en-drab or in plain-fem (as today) and have never had any problems. If you are polite then the SA will be polite and helpful 99+% of the time.

Sandra1746

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I found your story quite interesting! I think my ownly regret is I didn't go full time earler in life!
    I regret I didn't explore this side of myself earlier too!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    Even a funeral home wouldn't have made me that brave, I am just not to that point yet. I am suppose to go to ULTA on halloween for a make over and I keep getting the jitters over just the thought of it and it's still 2 weeks away. I think everyone still gets them every once in awhile so it doesn't seem unnatural. I am glad you over came yours and got a couple new bras that actually fit properly the big plus is you didn't run into friends and such while you were there.
    I've made a promise to myself to overcome this fear and go into any store and ask for assistance for anything. It might take a while.
    You're right its good I didn't run into any friends in the store. Could you imagine if I knew someone in the stall next to me and they recodnized my voice!!! LOL

My wife and I discussed this on the way home and we both agreed that I have either been extremely lucky or the fears are all in our own minds, I shop regularly for Fem clothing either en-drab or in plain-fem (as today) and have never had any problems. If you are polite then the SA will be polite and helpful 99+% of the time.

Sandra1746[/QUOTE]

The more I do things like this the more I say to myself that the fear is in my head.

Makes perfect sense to me! That is advice that I often give to others - "Life is short, so try to make sure that your list of regrets and missed opportunities is a small one."

Yep! life is too short. I found a K Mart that had Unisex dressing rooms.
    Just line up and take a number. What a great cover.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've tried bras on at VS before and the SA's are very helpful. My best experience was at David's Bridal. I went in in guy mode and asked about special occasion dresses. A SA helped me pick a few out and looked for more while I was trying them on. I found a nice dress and she said they had all been trying it on, but it wouldn't fit any of them. It was awesome!
    I've bought a few dresses at JCP too. Any store with no attendants at the dressing rooms are great.

Happy shopping!
    I'm back. And I brought a friend!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    One very positive thing to remember! The SA's in any clothing store are there to make money. If you buy things, they will make money. so they usually try to create the opportunity for you to buy. I have bought feminine things for myself when I was dressed enfemme and when I was in drab. I have never been refused a chance to try on feminine things, including lingerie! Especially when I tell the SA that I will leave my own panties on!! Most of my bras came from VS, and every one has been tried on before I bought it. I also have never had a bad time from any female customers when I was buyimg female things while in drab!! One younger lady did ask me if I was really going to wear the bra I was buying! I just looked at her and said, "Ma'am, I have been wearing a bra longer than you have been alive." She laughed and asked me if I thought that was true. I told her that she was nowhere near 60 y/o, and that I had been wearing a bra over 60 years!! I started wearing a bra daily when I was 9 y/o, and I am now 80 y/o.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Silver Member
    I've had good experiences even back in the early 60s. Tried on bras, slips and night gowns in a lot of different stores. Had a couple SAs freakout, but not usually.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just open up and let your wings spread you will be surprised how easy it is.

The first time I ever bought a bra, it was for Halloween. The girl was having fun with it, but she treated me well and talked in full voice. She dealt with me like anyone else because it was just her routine.