Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I get my ears pierced?

Tell your kids you where having a mid life crises, you saw a guy, and thought it looked cool.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sue, The time is right as you are not getting any younger go for it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If it's any consolation, when my parents retired and moved to sunny Florida, they met many friends, and quite a few of them (guys) wear an earring or two.

I had mine triple periced about 35 years ago! Still lovin' it today! Go for it!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

[ QUOTE=

Why would you worry about it? Have you looked at the number of men with earrings? Some are even...BIKERS![/QUOTE]

I had mine pierced years ago, about the time I earned my Satan's Soldiers Motorcycle Club tattoo.

I say go for it.. both my ears are pierced but as a boy i'm in metal music and am a musician so..No one thinks twice about it, but even if i wasnt id do it.

if you want it bad enuff you will do. all i can say when i got mine nobody cared and i work with manly men type guys

Quote Originally Posted by SueCubas View Post
    Wish I had my ears pierced when I was younger. Now 58, I wonder if it'd be worth it. And how to answer someone who notices, most problematically my adult son and daughter. Any observations or suggestions?
    It's a fashion choice. Tell them you are having a mid-life crisis and it will scare them away!

Or just happen to fall in love with a couple of studs that will go nicely with your watch or something.

Tell ya what, Sue, if you do I will too. I have two sons, one an adult, who haven't said a word about my shaved legs so I am not worried (and my wife will love it). I am ready to have my ears pierced too.

Lets do this!

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Silver Member
    Sue - Seems like you always wanted to and now wonder if you should because of - your age, your friends and your children.

Age - who cares what age you are, 58 is still young, you have many years ahead of you to dress and enjoy earrings
    Friends - people really don't care and if anyone says anything, so what
    Children - they will notice and ask why - either tell thenm you always wanted to OR make up a reason (i.e. you lost a bet on a football or baseball game that "forced" you to get your ears pierced when you lost OR you pierced your ears to support breast cancer) - they won't care after they see you the first time

Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Tell your kids you where having a mid life crises, you saw a guy, and thought it looked cool.
    I am sorry, I didn't see this when I suggested she claim mid-life crisis, Tina. It's nice to be on the same page with you...

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Got mne pierced earlier this year at 53 years old. The only people to have said anything when they first saw me afterwards were my daughters who both liked me wearing earrings.

Nobody else has commented.

In the small town of about 4000 near my home, there are quite a few guys of varying ages with both ears pierced. It is no longer out of the ordinary.

I wish I had gone for it sooner, I put it off while I was still working because I knew my boss would not accept male customer facing staff to wear earrings or studs.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Mid-life crisis always works. Had mine done at 55 and said it was either that or a little red sports car.

I got mine done at 55 and only regret not having done it in my 20's.
    I now have double piercings in each ear and wear diamond studs in the uppers all the time and add whatever suits my fancy and my outfit in the lowers.
    Would have done it a little sooner but like Tabitha my job prohibited it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My wife gave me the go ahead to get them donne at age 64, no problems at all,

If your wife approves go for it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I had mine pierced when I was 20.21 years ago and was talking with co workers the other day 2 guys and 3 girls all who have their ears pierced and they said I should get them done again so as to have 2 holes in each ear. So I don't think it is as big a dal as everyone makes it out to be.

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    I would go and get mine done but for my wife, so if you have no other hurdles just do it.

Former Member
    I did mine at the age of 48. My wife arranged everything for me. I liked them so much I went back a few months later and got second piercings.

I just tell any one who asks that my wife forced me into doing it.... She plays along.

I really love the selection of earrings available to me now, and they don't hurt like clip ons!

Want!

Noticed the guy at SubWay had both pierced... Wanted to inquire but didn't. Sandwiched sucked more than most.

Still, The SO has 2 in one ear and 3 in the other... I want a single in each lobe. Only a budding teen is keeping me from it....

I had mine done when I was 56. Some ribbing from friends and colleagues for a week or so as I have never previosuly been into jewellery. I now feel naked without them however I am dressed.

Even if the addition to your appearance is unexpected,most people don't even comment these days..and so it becomes a non issue and never discussed. Beats the most comfortable clipons,hands down.Try it,you'll like it and then you will get it done again! One set high for drop earrings and a lower set for hoops or studs...

I wouldn't have had mine pierced when I was working just for the ribbing I would have gotten, but for those who posted that their job prohibits pierced ears, does that rule apply to both men and women or just to men? And if just to men, how do they justify it?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by weekend woman View Post
    Mid-life crisis always works. Had mine done at 55 and said it was either that or a little red sports car.
    I had another thread on the same subject a while back. I told people I was trying to regain my youth. Someone else replied that they told anyone who asked (about the little gold ball starter earrings) that they were not earrings, but "cell phone antennas". I thought that was a good reply.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

For your own benefit, you really only notice them when you're putting them in, taking them out, and when you feel them tap your neck or get stuck in your hair. That said, there are plenty of clip ons that look like pierced, even nice big hoops with spring loaded backs hidden in the hoop itself. I have several pairs of very pretty dangling classy clip ons. Not as easy to find, but they're out there, and really, like diamonds vs glass, only you will know what you're wearing. I started my collection when I was married, as my ex didn't have pierced ears so I got to do a lot of shopping for clip ons. BTW, the magnetic back ones simply don't work all that well for me, maybe they will for you.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I had my ears done about 20 years ago but let them close up, maybe I’m having my Mid-life crisis now, looks like it’s time to have them done again.