Thread: my first tri ess meeting

my first tri ess meeting

hello...... I live in champaign , il and recently i found a tri ess meeting near me for nov 19th. and i am looking for attendingi Would like to know anyone elsae who has gone to one (so as to know what i can expect, and maybe even find others who will be there. Would be nice to make some friends before i go!!!! Course, i asked my wife/best friend to attend w/ me (if she wants too) and she's willing to go too

Michelle

Sorry, I've never a Tri ess meeting meeting though I've had a couple of invites. Have fun darlin.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    I would love to attend one myself, and make it a regular thing for me.

Silver Member
    I have been able to go to a local TRI-ESS meeting. I was welcomed by several members. The meeting location was made known after I spoke with the group leader. I did feel good that there was a form of screening and security without making me feel like I was being invertigated. I was never require to give personal information. The meeting took place in a local hotel. I was met by the group leader and led to a hotel room the group had to change. When I was dressed, I met other group members in a function room of the hotel. I never had to leave the hotel dressed if I did not want to. The meeting was informal. A member had a laptop set up and there was a discussion related to the some issues he had prepared. The group planned some future activities - visits to some dinner shows and some friendly restaurants. A few people brought spouses. I felt comfortable and welcomed. I was invited to attend future meetings but unfortunately I moved and have been unable to attend. There is follow-up email communications between members who exchange ideas, events, dining invites, local events. I plan to beccome a regular participant.

There should be a contact number for the group. Use it and tell them that you are a first-timer. They'll likely have someone look out for you and make sure that you are as comfortable as possible.

Everybody attends a first meeting and any group that wants to grow will take good care of the newbies.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I just have to say that if your wife is going with you, then you are ever so lucky! Have fun!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    there is others besides tri-ess

there is a LAS VEGAS MEETUPs thats a whole week.its called Southern Comfort
    http://www.crossdresslasvegas.com/Ga...llerySC11.html

there or some vaction that or a month long

http://www.crossdresslasvegas.com/ca...tCalendar.html

there is MEETUP.COM

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We have a nice support group in my area and the meetings are fun to attend.Been going 4-5 years now.
    Made some great friends there too.
    Have fun and enjoy yourself.

Michelle -- PM sent -- I am in Champaign and have attended many of the CUI Tri-Ess meetings. Get in touch offline and we can talk about it. I'm surprised by that November 19 date since it is a Monday, and the meetings have always been on Saturday nights as long as I can remember. I'll check and see if that's the correct information.

- Diane

I've been a member of my local Tri-Ess group for about 7 years and have lots of wonderful friends because of it.
    First time you will be nervous as with any other event where you are not known and you are unaware of the "customs". Don't worry, everyone will be there for the same reason you are so you have more in common than you think. Just relax, be friendly and enjoy yourself. We don't bite.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

One good thing for you is your'e wife is willing to go.
    I would search out a meeting as soon as possible.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Obviously, what you will find will vary by who is in attendance. Likely, you will see people dressed in a variety of ways from very "dressed up" to very casual. You are likely to see some who look very much like women but are talking just as they would if they were in drab. Some will be very lady-like, some will not be. In other words, you can exoect a big variety.

I hope that you and your wife both have a good experience.
    Hugs, Carole

I just joined a tri ess group. I went for my first meeting 2 months ago and loved every second of it. The second one was even better. I still feel funny being surrounded by people I do not know (I am a bit shy) but being with other crossdressers is very emancipating. It is something I needed. They did contact me first when I sent an e-mail inquiring. They had me fill out a questionair and then talked to me to make sure I really was a crossdresser and not a troublemaker. They provide a room to dress in and the site is very safe. It is the way I get out and I really feel it will help me to eventually be able to go out in the world a lot more.

I was also impressed as carhill2mn said that there were some who you really could not tell were really a man and others who were very obvious. No one seemed to care either way. I guess I was not the worst or the best but somewhere in the middle.
    Last edited by Angela Campbell; 10-15-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I belonged to a local Tri- Ess chapter years ago.
    Keep in mind that Tri-Es is mainly a hetro, spouse oriented oganization.

This is not to say that everyone is not welcomed because they are and it makes little difference if you have a spouse or not.

Just be mindful of their slant and if you think that your interests might might clash with theirs, just practice "when in Rome do as the Romans" and you will have a good time. You will meet many friendly people there and have a good outlet for your dressing if you do not already have one .

As stated, no one will care how feminine or masculine you present yourself when dressed..... just how friendly you are.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 10-15-2012 at 06:55 PM.

thanks everyone for the advice and confidence builder! Looking forward to attending.....

I attend our local meetings once a month, I am a member. The group does provide support and it's nice to not feel alone in this. I have made many friends there, a couple of which have become pretty close friends. I was also recently voted in as the new VP, the President being one of my friends. We have gone out dressed together and have plans to do so more in the future. I've been attending for almost three years now, it has been a very positive experience. I have come a very long way in that time. Thanks to that group I was able to learn how to do makeup and find a very friendly wig vendor. It has also helped me feel more confident and make baby steps out of the closet.

I joined Sigma Epsilon the Atlanta Chapter of Tri ess in 2007 I believe.
    Since then I have met some wonderful people there.
    You will be surrounded by others who share your enjoyment of presenting yourself as a female.
    In my wildest imagination would never have guessed all the places I have been as a girl, they pushed me when I needed pushing and they understood when I did not.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Wish we HAD Tri Ess in my area. Atlanta is the closest and it's 500 miles.