Thread: Shopping buddy.

Shopping buddy.

I've realised that *that* is what i really need.

My wife, while totally cool with the whole frilly skirts and makeup and wigs thing, is not so much for the shopping, and i am not quite at the stage of being able to summon the courage to do it myself. There really should be a service to hire a cd shopping buddy

wish i had a shopping buddy too.. my lady is not much on clothes shopping.. she hates to shop for clothes. .. i buy alot of stuff online.. but it would be nice to have a friend to help me shop.

I am lucky in that my wife does like to shop with me in either mode. Bobbie, is the problem that your wife dislikes shopping in general or is just uncomfortable with shopping for you? If the latter, I suggest that you both go shopping for her and be a good attentive husband. I did this with my wife even before I realized that I was a CDer and I did have fun even though the clothes were for her. She'd give me her purse while she was trying things on and I'd pass the time by cruising the clearance racks or fetching different sizes for her. None of the other customers or staff said a thing about it except for a couple of times when other women commented on how good a husband I was to be helping my wife with her shopping. I think that they were a bit envious!

I'm a bit further down the road now and prefer to do my shopping en femme. It makes things so much easier as everything is already in place, there's no confusion about dressing rooms, and hey, it's just the way things are supposed to be!

Shopping buddies are a good idea, though I don't think much of it being for hire. I have a friend that with whom I do a lot of activities, including shopping. We're the terrors of the outlet malls! It's just more fun with a friend!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by BobbieCrescent View Post
    I've realised that *that* is what i really need.

My wife, while totally cool with the whole frilly skirts and makeup and wigs thing, is not so much for the shopping, and i am not quite at the stage of being able to summon the courage to do it myself. There really should be a service to hire a cd shopping buddy
    I've never heard of a wife who didn't like to shop for clothes or jewelry.

I can't see paying someone to help me spend my money. My wife does this for free.

If you're really stuck, you can shop on-line. Stores like Kohls and JC Pennys will let you return on-line purchases to local stores for refunds. And if anyone asks, you are returning them for your wife.

As Eryn suggests, take your wife shopping for her. Hold her purse, hold her purchases. When my wife and I shop, we usually each get something. I make sure it's a pleasant experience for her. And we'll usually eat lunch or diner out as part of the shopping experience.
    Last edited by linda allen; 10-16-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    Hi Bobbie, I find shopping with some one just sames to hold me back.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

hmmm.....a new line of work for me perhaps

I have a FaceBook friend who put an ad in Craigs list for a female shopping buddy to help him buy womens clothing and got a reply from a local woman... they shopped a few times and started dating and are engaged....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I shop as either a man or woman.
    Being a woman has it's advantages of course.
    You do need to handle the merchandise occasionally.
    I do find difficulty in checking bras for padding and cut dressed in drab.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I have a FaceBook friend who put an ad in Craigs list for a female shopping buddy to help him buy womens clothing and got a reply from a local woman... they shopped a few times and started dating and are engaged....
    That's one way to do it, but the OP talked about his wife so I don't think it would work out well for him.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Can you say Jackpot! And I thought CL was for pervs

That's one thing I love about myrdin being able to go shopping for make-up and clothes together

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    That's one way to do it, but the OP talked about his wife so I don't think it would work out well for him.
    He doesn't have to fall in love with the shopping buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by IngeInCO View Post
    Can you say Jackpot! And I thought CL was for pervs
    and scammers! last time I tried to sell something there I was inundated with scam crap!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I am very much fond of shopping. It is a great way to purchase various kinds of products for our daily needs. I especially love to buy stylist cloth and accessories. Here I get very useful information about shopping.

I must be the odd duck. My SO and I go out, but she HATES shopping with me. It's actually quite stressful shopping with her. She doesn't like to browse. She gets tense. She wants to go in, zone in on the purchase, pay for it and leave, whether she is dressed or not. Or, she doesn't see the shopping as a shared activity, and on the rare occasions we've gone to a store together she'll go in whatever opposite direction than I take. So I've taken shopping for anything out of the list of activities I do with her and with him. When I'm in the mood to shop or if I need something, I've learned that it's much less stressful when I go alone, whether this is shopping for clothes, household goods, the farmer's market on Saturday morning, and even the hardware store.
    Reine

Move to Orlando. There are gg's there that offer that exact service. I'm sure there are other places as well if you do a search.

i live in orlando and would love to have someone to shop with, how do i find these GG's??