Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do You Think Like A Woman Or Man?

Back when i had someone to date, it seemed like the women i dated were more manly than i was. I was always the sensitive one! " I tried to think, but nothin happened!" - Curley of the 3 stooges. Truth is, I think mway too much, and it gets me into depression. Sometimes i think more normal guy, but mostly way too sensitive, and woman like. I guess i am just me, a crossdrser from a family of hell.

How do I think ? I'm the worse kind of person on earth ,,I got a mean girl brain an a big girl mouth an the body of a man to back it up ,,, America's Most Dangerous Kind !! LOL,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I would say that I think more like a woman then a man, but while at work I try to be manly as possible.

I think more like a woman in which I think things through more and how they can effect people or what ever. It depends on the situation I mean. But mostly a girl though.
    You where born this way.

Makeup addict!
    I think like a man, not a woman

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam Rose View Post
    I think more like a woman in which I think things through more and how they can effect people or what ever. It depends on the situation I mean. But mostly a girl though.
    Finally a great answer! Thanks hon for being brief but yes probably thinking like a woman if not very close to one and not knocking my question as some of the more 'manly' ladies in here have done lol

Hugs Vicki xoxo

Banned Read only
    Lorileah,

you just answered my question by stereotyping many of us, particularly me!! Thanks!

I'd like to know what makes you an expert on these matters?

from what I see your answer is very typical and confrontational just like a man ' so I have an idea how you think!

Thanks dude' lol!

Banned Read only
    Very interesting reply makes a lot of sense. Thank you for helping clarify the fact that I do not think like my male friends,my brother, my uncles or co-workers for the most part.

I meet almost all of the above criteria in relation to how women think,act and live as stated above.
    I always knew I was different,

Victoria xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria P View Post
    I believe some of us think more like women while others retain our male thoughts and thought processes. When dressed I think like a woman all the time.
    Of course life often limits this and forces us to think as our biological gender more than some of us would like.

As I age I think much more like a woman,as I've been told I do by co-workers,relatives and friends. I know I am sensitive to my own and other's suffering,hate hostility,conflict and selfish ,inconsiderate people.I am mostly gentle and avid confrontation as much as I can.
    Having not lived in a male body, it's hard for me to define what, specifically, is "thinking like a man". I do know that the men that I am close to experience the gamut of human emotion including love, compassion, the ability to nurture, a desire for peaceful resolution to issues, a generosity of spirit, sensitivity to others' pain, etc., in addition to being competitive, analytical, independent, sometimes aggressive when angered, etc. I also know women (including myself) who are competitive, analytical, independent, sometimes aggressive when angered, and who also demonstrate the first set of traits that I mentioned. Some women communicate poorly, and some men are excellent communicators.

I do not believe there are thinking patterns or personality traits that are exclusive to just one gender, although it is true that young boys might not want to be too "touchy-feely" with their friends on the football team. But, these boys do grow up to be nurturing fathers. And not all women fall into a puddle of emotion when things go wrong in their worlds. The basic differences between both genders are in the realm of attraction, sex, and biological functioning. There is a wide range to everything else.

Edit - I'm not wanting to get into a competition of who is more "female-acting" than who, since both women and men can be confrontational, but how can you call someone a "dude", when you clearly are being confrontational by your very remark?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria P View Post
    I'd like to know what makes you an expert on these matters?

from what I see your answer is very typical and confrontational just like a man ' so I have an idea how you think!

Thanks dude' lol!
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-22-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Reine

I think differently when femininely dressed (or at least I think I do). My "dressed" thinking has more of the female thought patterns described by others here. As others have mentioned I can only truly say is I think like me all of the time and my thinking is affected by dress, environment, stress etc... Life is more interesting thinking about things in different ways to me.
    D

Junior Member mike~the~islandman's Avatar
    I guess I tend to switch sides, when I go into any specific perspective. Definitely dressing up as a woman can lead me to believe I'm no longer thinking like a man. Personally, I never really think from any kind of spectrum. So many factors (personal philosophies, experiences, literature etc) can be more dominant when I make decisions...

But, I guess I think like a woman mostly ^_^
    "When you're in love you want to tell the world," -Carl Sagan

Take the tests

If you want to know if you think like a man or a woman, then take the tests. There are several of them, available to be administered by psychologists and reputable education companies:

Myers-Briggs
    EQSQ
    DiSC
    Even the old 7 Habits training.

None of these are designed specifically to test for brain gender. They test for personality, communication styles, interests, reasoning abilities, etc. In other words, all the stereotypical factors that make up the social construct of gender. But all of these tests are well established with statistics from millions of participants over decades. And they all provide cumulative statistical results by sex.

All you have to do is check what percentage of men have your same test results, compared to what percentage of women have your same test results. If your results are historically matched by 32.4% of men and 67.6% of women, then yes, you probably do think like a woman sometimes.

If you take all 4 of theses tests, and you CONSISTENTLY obtain results in the 0.02% of men and the 99.98% of women range, then you definitely think like a woman.

Even better than just your test results, several of these tests may include peer evaluations, as well. When those results are a factored into your test scores you will learn how others perceive you, and these services provide statistics on that by sex, too. So, you will learn if your behavior and communication, as perceived by others, and not just your internal thought processes, are historically more aligned with women than men.

Regardless of your gender curiosity, the results of these tests provide very good self knowledge that will improve your ability to interact with others - on the job, at home, everywhere. Most large employers will pay for you to have these tests, as their value in improving work relationships and cooperative initiatives has been well proven. When you get your next performance review or craft your career development plan for 2013, make sure you indicate you need/want some of this testing in order to improve your work effectiveness. If your employer won't, or can't, pay - then pay for it yourself and deduct it from your taxes.

Another thought to keep in mind, the use and acceptance of these tests in the general business world may be something you can use in discussions with your employer about transgender issues and any desires to transition or dress on the job.

If your employer has already paid for these types of tests in the past, even if they didn't provide testing for you, but did for other employees, then you can prove that they consider the results to be valid. If your results over several of these tests do show a significant, recurring correlation to the opposite sex, they can be used as additional support to "prove" that your transness is a very real thing, and is not just a letter from your local psychologist. If your testing included peer evaluations and the results of those peer evaluations had a strong correlation with the opposite sex, it makes it much easier for HR or your boss to believe that "you are still the same person" on the job no matter how you are dressed. This is especially true if your employer did pay for you to be tested in the past, say 10-15 years ago, or in the case of Covey, you were "trained". Your old test results can clearly show that your femininity has remained constant over time, it was perceived by others regardless of how you dressed and has not been a hindrance on your job performance.
    Last edited by ElleduSud; 10-23-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Spelling