Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Society

Banned Read only

Society

What "society" thinks? Who is society? Society is who is looking back at you when you look in your mirror.

What does "society" think about youth and/or even some "adults" wearing their pants/shorts mid thigh? I think the only thing funnier than a gaggle of 5 year olds playing T ball is a group of teenagers playing basketball with their shorts at mid thigh?

Or people of all ages [mostly youth] dressed in Gothic style?

Or people covered with numerous tats and/or piercings in all kinds of "unusual" places?

Or folks with orange or purple hair or ...?

What other kinds of "different" folks do you see or NOTICE at least weekly if not daily?

Chances are, IF you are married to your cell phone, [like many people] you won't/don't notice ANY of the above.

I will notice people extremely/theatrically dressed all the time.
    I do not care, they are either doing it for self expression or better still getting paid to do it.

A person crossdressing?
    Oh! no!
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 10-16-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Last comment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That is precisely one of the things I keep saying Hon. People say "society this" and "society that" as if they are talking about some nebulous entity that makes all of our decisions as to what is "right" or "wrong". WE are society and any changes that need to be made to the paradigm or perceived status quo starts here.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    So what is it?

No one checked their mirror?

Or everyone checked their mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    So what is it?

No one checked their mirror?

Or everyone checked their mirror?
    How about an excuse to justify the fear, shame or embarassment that some people suffer from?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    How about an excuse to justify the fear, shame or embarassment that some people suffer from?
    I believe that Kelly got it exactly right!
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I would not call it an excuse though. I can only speak for myself offcourse. But i can still hear the first words my mom yelled at me when she found out back when i was 12...."do you even realise what you're doing to me". Peer pressure is not an illusion. I for one almost was convinced my mom was right and that there was something wrong with me. And it didnt end with my mom. If you even notice girlfriends and wives freak out when they are told, and you had a mom like mine....you would be absolutely scared out of your mind thinking about what other ppl might think. Just a year ago i got divorced and my crossdressing was used as one of the reasons and used as a weapon in court. Thank god the judge was a smart woman...

Former Member
    I can only speak for my self.

I have responsibilities. Responsibilities that I have chosen. Responsibilities that are important to me and to others. Responsibilities that I would not be considered for if I chose to crossdress, or have tatoos all over, or body piercings, or dressed in gothic clothing, or dyed my hair orange and purple.

Everyone's appearance is judged by everyone else. You simply can't change that. Politicians and celebrities have image consultants. It's been said that image is everything.

If someone wants to be a freak show, have at it, but don't complain if you are not acceptable in "societies" eyes. It's your choice.

It is what it is. It's not going to change any time soon.

Platinum Member
    Each of us has a set of prejudices that color the way we view others. What seems unusual or perhaps even aberrant to me is a reflection of my life experience, the norms of behavior that I accept, and of course those ingrained prejudices. But honestly, as I get older, far less surprises me, and as I've grown to accept myself I find I'm also more accepting of others.

I own a little store next to a park and beach. I get all kinds in my store. Over the years I have gotten to know everyone and if you judge others by there cover you are missing out greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post

I have responsibilities. Responsibilities that I have chosen. Responsibilities that are important to me and to others. Responsibilities that I would not be considered for if I chose to crossdress, or have tatoos all over, or body piercings, or dressed in gothic clothing, or dyed my hair orange and purple.

Everyone's appearance is judged by everyone else. You simply can't change that. Politicians and celebrities have image consultants. It's been said that image is everything.

If someone wants to be a freak show, have at it, but don't complain if you are not acceptable in "societies" eyes. It's your choice.

It is not going to change anytime soon unless we make efforts to change it!! Women fought for fashion freedom and today they are able to incorporate male fashion without anyone giving a second look. If we just "accept things the way they are" and cower in the closet, we will never make progress and things will never change. Is that what we want???
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Read only

Banned Read only
    evreyone should get on e bay, clothing shoes and assecories discussion form. I have a profile pic of me as jen on my ebay account EVREYONE LOVES ME. this is a great start to educate people as it will travel word or mouth. ebay is very very good.

A person can be lovely ,people can be horrible ,judgemental,hypocritical douche bags but hell thats just every one else right ,aslong as your happy who cares .=)

My own happiness at the moment is in question due to my family .my fear of embarresment or even repurcussions of my choice to make myself happy have me quiestioning if i have the right to put my family through it never mind myself so yes society and its ways just suck.

I am on the same page. In my line of work I have no choice but to stay in the closet and keep my crossdressing world to myself, a couple of close friends, and my friends on the chat boards. There is absolutely no way I can come out of the closet and continue to work at the job that I love. I am very thankful that there is a wonderful community to share this with
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

Former Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    It is not going to change anytime soon unless we make efforts to change it!! Women fought for fashion freedom and today they are able to incorporate male fashion without anyone giving a second look. If we just "accept things the way they are" and cower in the closet, we will never make progress and things will never change. Is that what we want???
    My closet is fine with me. I like it in there.

I have places I go that are friendly to people like me. That's really all I need. I realize others may need more, but as I said, I am only speaking for my self.

Besides, If crossdressing was mainstream, that would take all of the fun out of it!

If I hear high heels clicking across the floor, I want to turn and see a beautiful woman, not some dude in a dress!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurenlovecd View Post
    I am on the same page. In my line of work I have no choice but to stay in the closet and keep my crossdressing world to myself, a couple of close friends, and my friends on the chat boards. There is absolutely no way I can come out of the closet and continue to work at the job that I love. I am very thankful that there is a wonderful community to share this with
    What is the job that you do?

it wasn't that purple..... I was shooting for more of a red....stupid hair color.... next time I read the directions closer.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna612 View Post
    I own a little store next to a park and beach. I get all kinds in my store. Over the years I have gotten to know everyone and if you judge others by there cover you are missing out greatly.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, you are an oddity in regard to society. First impressions are what rule judgements. It is the rare person who takes the time to look beyond the cover of the book, buy it and read it before deciding if it was worth the trouble.

If you expect the majority of individuals in society to be open-minded you will find more satisfation with trying to spoon ants.

I saw an older man today who as wearing shorts with loafers and black crew socks. My initial reaction was to find his appearance humorous. But, I had to catch and admonish myself that how he is dressed suits him, it's not my place to judge. It's the same way I wish I would be viewed. I might raise eyebrows (and a few cops) to walk around nude. There again is a societal judgement that nudity is wrong in public. The last place that was free of judgement was Eden!

We don't live in a utopia.
    Last edited by Annette Todd; 10-18-2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: vociferocity

[QUOTE=Samantha43;2993508]My closet is fine with me. I like it in there.

Samantha and Lauren I am in what I think is a closet similar to yours by choice also.
    I think human beings are more comfortable with those they can relate to the most as a general rule. I hope as more people get more familiar with crossdressing the acceptance will increase. The more we are all like Brianna the world the better the world will be.

Banned Read only
    cross dressed or out as a guy, i shop for women's clothes all the time. I just went to a few stores today looking at women's clothes as a guy. I even got a pretty sweater jacket at Loft. Women are coming around to accepting maybe we are just buying a gift. I come right and tell im a cross dresser and i even show the SA pictures. I have always had positive feedback and help No matter what we do, ITS CONFIDENCE thats what women admire the most and guys will see they cant shake us up and keep moving.

Your first post is somewhat cryptic (I'm not sure what your point is), but ... we all find our niches. You won't see a Hell's Angels member be happy in the Wall Street corporate environment, and vice versa for example.

And, people usually don't care much about what others outside their particular niches think, but they do want to be accepted within the niche they choose for themselves. Also, some people are fine with a very small circle of people in their lives (immediate family and maybe one or two friends), while others have a larger need to be social (country clubs, holding positions in charitable organizations, maybe running for local government, or being on various boards).

So. If a person has a rather wide circle or people in his particular niche and he feels he has a certain standing in his community, he might not be as willing to go out in a miniskirt as someone who has a more limited circle and who lives in an area where it is easy to be fairly anonymous.
    Reine

Some of the "odd" things i see ONCE IN A WHILE, IS YOUNG MEN WITH THEIR SHIRT TAILS TUCKED INTO THEIR PANTS!!

[SIZE="3"] Sorry, i accidentally posted, before finishing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another odd thing in society, is high school, and grade school girls wearing anything other than bluejeans and t shirts.!![/SIZE]

I heard something on the radio today about a study that was done to find out if its true "Girls just want to have fun"...or do they have more fun? The result they found was that guys actually have more fun because they don't care what anyone thinks. ...is it true? I don't know, I just know its taken me most of my life to learn to have fun.
    Chickie