Thread: Would you mind if I came dressed as a woman?

Wink Would you mind if I came dressed as a woman?

I am going out for a curry with 'the lads' tomorrow night. I fantasise about going as a 'token' woman. Frankly there is no way I could possibly ask the question above - but would love to. I wonder what would happen? I suspect that the shock of the question, coupled with the respect they have for me, would suggest that they would say yes - then after an awkward moment at the start they would just accept it. It would, ultimately, be down to how confident I was. If I just brazened it out I think they would very quickly get used to it...

What do you think gals??
    Cx

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    It all depends on how broad minded your friends are. Looking at your picture I can see no reason why they should have an issue as you look very passable to me - and I am hyper critical...lol.

Since it is a "with the 'lads'" outing I would suspect they would tell you no. It would make them very uncomfortable I would suspect...but then again, maybe they need some eye candy to take the pressure off from all the women who scope them out when you are drinking and being rowdy. Really? You honestly really believe they would say "OK"? I want to buy tickets to this show. If they would be so accepting then why don't you come out to them?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    Your true friends would accept you dressed or undressed. But I think it would change your relationship with them forever. No need to risk that.

Former Member
    Ain't happening with my friends.

I would be banned from all future man outings!

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post
    Ain't happening with my friends.

Ditto for me. Ain't happening.

Banned Read only
    Once the Genie or in this case Christine is out of the bottle, you cannot put her back in. And, yes your picture on your bio page is wonderful. Your are very attractive. I'd develop another circle of friends you can express yourself with.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Christine,

Not knowing your friends, it's difficult to say. If your friends are as described, then it sounds OK. I've been out en femme whilst away on business trips and travelled home too, but not out locally or to family (except sister-in-law) by agreement with my wife.

Going femme for a Curry though would spoil that old Brit tradition, would it not, of being 3 sheets to the wind during and after said night? You'll end up sober and assigned the role I always heard from the American military, of designated driver.

At least the soft drinks are free then!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I'm laying the groundwork for just such an outing with my own friends. If you think they'll be fine with it, then who cares? You'll be the token CD, though. They probably won't treat you like just any other girl.

Banned Read only
    Are you going out with 2 or 3? Or 8 or 10? Doesn't matter in the least.

FACT: There is NO way to predict how people, whether strangers, coworkers, siblings or SOs are going to react to anything "controversial".

They may all be "accepting". Or maybe none of them. Group dynamics will always play a part when there is more than one person. Doesn't matter how long you have known them. Or, just how intelligent, open minded and/or logical you THINK they are. Coming "out" to anyone is always a roll of the dice.

It really depends on just how bad you want out of the closet.

Checked your profile, and you look great... WoooHooo!
    My friends would not accept the 'girl' thing... I'm sure of that.. maybe some of my co-workers, but not those who I have been hanging with for 40 years...
    Its just too much of a 'change'...
    I'm thinking the women friends in my life would be more accepting... (except for my sister-in-law)
    Good luck if you give it a shot, but from your post I'm guessing its something you would just 'LOVE' to try.. and be accepted..! ;-)
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Silver Member
    If they are going out for a guy night why would they want you to be in girl mode. If it was a mixed group then I would say go as one of the gals.

After I was outed I found that it did change my relationship with some of the guys for awhile. When I went to guy events I always went in full male mode (panties not seen). If a bunch of women were going shopping and included me then I wore a blouse (with bra, I have small natural breasts), fem jeans or womens slacks, shoes, etc. Never a dress as none of the women usually did. Some of the women had a girls night out and I never was asked or hinted that I wanted to go. Felt they wanted it ALL girls.

I would love to do an outing with friends while dressed and pretty but I know my work friends and some others would not be able to wrap their heads around that. I would like to make some friends that share in this with me and then I think it would work much better.

Be careful with the lads. As someone so wisely said here - you cannot predict how they will take this and are you willing to suffer any consequences of this "outing"? The effects will be forever whether they be good or bad.

I wish you the very best no matter what road you choose. Take care.
    Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday. -Thornton Wilder, writer (1897-1975)

Victoria Kate. My friends call me Katie.

If you are prone to humor, you can declare that you are coming dressed as a girl. Just go dressed as a guy. You can see their reactions and not change your reputation with them. If one of the other guys shows up as a girl because he thought you were coming that way, you will have ruined his day!!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I suppose it depends on the open mindedness of your friends and the type of establishment you plan to go. If the place is accept to cd's and transgender and your friends dont mind. Then I would say go for it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    If you are prone to humor, you can declare that you are coming dressed as a girl. Just go dressed as a guy. You can see their reactions and not change your reputation with them. If one of the other guys shows up as a girl because he thought you were coming that way, you will have ruined his day!!
    This is a fantastic idea!!!!
    I may just give this a try, might be a good way to test the waters so to speak.
    I was hoping my close friends were going to do a Halloween party this year and come as my alter ego.Not looking like they are going to have one.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-17-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    Truly inspired! Thanks for all your great comments - I guess it was more of a rhetorical question really - but some really interesting food for thought... and made me LOL to tears (is there an acronym for that??)
    Christine x - more pics on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/misschristinereid/

No I think you would queer them out forever.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post
    Depends on how hot I look.