Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So. Why is it LGBTQ?

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Yes and many people take it that crossdressers are gay. I think if a poll were taken (I think it already has been), we would find that the majority of crossdressers consider themselves heterosexual males.
    That's so not true! Some gay men are crossdressers too!

Listen. Rather than debate endlessly about what "transgender" means, and what "crossdresser" means, why don't you simply fill in the blanks below using the bubble diagram I posted in #8.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    "I am a [insert sexual orientation word of your choosing] [insert biological sex, but choose from male, female, or intersex], who identifies as [insert gender word of your choosing] and I present in a [insert presentation word of your choosing] manner.
    I'll bet my bottom dollar that you will say, "I am a heterosexual male who identifies as a crossdresser and I present in a feminine manner.

Now. Someone else might say, "I am a straight male who identifies as bigender and I sometimes present in a feminine manner." Note that this person is a CDer too.

So is, "I am a bi male who identifies as transgender and I sometimes present in a feminine manner."

As is, "I am a gay intersex male who identifies as bigender and I sometimes present in a feminine manner."

And so is, "I am a straight intersex male who identifies as a crossdresser and I sometimes present in a feminine manner."

We can argue until we're blue in the face as to who should call themselves "crossdresser" or "transgender", but it really is meaningless since a whole lot of different people use the same terms to describe themselves.
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-19-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    As a teacher who witnesses and deals with what happens when students use offensive terminology against their fellow students, I abhor the way the words "gay", "lezzie", "queer" are used.

I demand that my students refrain from abusing each other with hurtful terminology.

When will we learn that people are all people who need acceptance, love, affirmation, acceptance ....?

Not as long as there are people who insist that we accentuate the differences between each other!

Bloody hell! It's been a while since I last felt the need to let rip!
    I couldn't agree more!!!!

Hello again.

I REALLY didn't mean to get into Symantecs about it. I just wanted us, as a group, to be a bit more proud of ourselves. Plus. The GLBT or LGBTQ Or how ever you want to arrange it. But you see that was the point. The lesbians put the L First. The gay men put the G first. Why can't we put the T first.

BTW. I love the diagram from Reine in post #8. FUN!
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I'm not bothered by the Q myself, especially it beats U for unknown.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    Hello again.

I REALLY didn't mean to get into Symantecs about it. I just wanted us, as a group, to be a bit more proud of ourselves. Plus. The GLBT or LGBTQ Or how ever you want to arrange it. But you see that was the point. The lesbians put the L First. The gay men put the G first. Why can't we put the T first.

BTW. I love the diagram from Reine in post #8. FUN!
    Actually The Community put the G first. It was the rise of the Women's Movement that raised the consciousness and brought about putting the L first. These days I hear both versions, by both men and women.

It was hard for me to acknowledge that I am transgendered - but that really fits me since it is a continuem

Aspiring Member
    Why not TQGLB? or TLGBQ?
    Diane Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Elizabeth View Post
    Why not TQGLB? or TLGBQ?
    Because it's supposed to be in alphabetical order.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    Because it's supposed to be in alphabetical order.
    That has nothing to do with it.

I think Q should go in front, followed by U because U always follows Q, then ... well ... nah ... forget it!

No. I think it should be Q, then U, then another U, followed by an E and last, an N.

... which, coincidentally, is my user name translated to English.
    Reine