Thread: Walked thru mall...umm...wow, I can do this!

Aspiring Member

Walked thru mall...umm...wow, I can do this!

After clinicals today I ran by one of these $1 everyting store and grabbed a handful of makeup supplies to try. I put some regular hand lotion on my face, done the red lipstick beard cover and then just blotted powder on my face. I thought it looked okay so...off to the mall in the camo skirt, green tights and slip-on white nursing shoes.

I parked far away and went into the back door of JC Penney. I went thru that store and then out into the mall. Walked slowly all the way down to the other end and then slowly back to the exit nearest JC Penney (I wanted to walk more outside too), along the way briefly stopping to look at something in a window. Not a single soul done a double take but a 20 something latina soldier took a good look at me. Maybe its just the thing that Hispanics can pick each other out....or then maybe she could tell... she probably read me. I closely passed people of all ages but it was not very busy, some as close as 2 ft. It was 3:00PM or so. I think alot of the secret is not to act nervous, people can pick up on that.

I felt so good I went down the way and walked about an hour in the city park around a lake. There were alot of school age teens jogging/running the park and I even passed by several bunches of adolescent girls. I knew I had to be heading home so I stopped at another city park about 1/2 hour from home. All went smooth again. I am in the zone! I just want to share a great day I had! Amanda

Sounds pretty good gf!

WoooHoo.. you have now done what a lot of us only dream about.. WOW!
    I'm ready to try it, but the approving SO is not sure... Browsing thru DSW is my goal, and trying on some much needed boots..
    Checking out with my choice would be a real HOOT!
    Hoping the DW relents, and makes my 'dream come true'..
    GONGRATS on the great day!!
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like you did just fine and yes most people won't even notice you in a mall.
    The more you get out the easier it is,nothing to fear just act like you belong wherever it is you are.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Lyn View Post
    WoooHoo.. you have now done what a lot of us only dream about.. WOW!
    I'm ready to try it, but the approving SO is not sure... Browsing thru DSW is my goal, and trying on some much needed boots..
    Checking out with my choice would be a real HOOT!
    Hoping the DW relents, and makes my 'dream come true'..
    GONGRATS on the great day!!
    I wish I had someone to accompany me (wife is non-accepting) so I do this out of town (1 hr from home) after college classes. I am not young either. This is a mid-life career change for me. My advice is to put one foot in front of the other and do it. Each step gets expotentially easier...and then getting out becomes really addictive...for me anyways.

Platinum Member
    Once you realize that you can do this...meaning go out in public without adverse consequences, it really changes your life, suddenly, you have a whole world to explore. Enjoy the new freedom.

I'm amazed on how little people really pay attention to me when I'm at the mall.
    Most of the obstacle is on our heads.
    I hope you get out more often. It's fun!

Well that's the first time, the second outing will be a little easier, then away you go.
    Carefully and with confidence though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Our little girl is all grown up!

You did great! Have fun with it and get out there as often as you can.

Great day Amanda and good for you girl.....one day at a time, and it gets easier! Enjoy!

Jamie

Wonderful! Going out is SO much fun. There's a thrill that just isn't there when you dress alone.

And Amanda it's nice to know of a kindred Dollar Store makeup buyer!

Amanda, congratulations on your excursion. I'm sure that the next time will be even more fun!

Ashley, I'm looking forward to your "first time" story, including pictures of the shoes you bought at DSW! I love DSW and have found some great buys there.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]