Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That's just wrong!

That's just wrong!

Had a very strange occurance last night. Our mid-twentys daughter lives with us and left her laundry in the dryer. I took it out and the very last item I removed were a pair of panties exactly like ones I wear from VS.

I brought the laundry up from the basement and chuckled out loud to my wife about how they matched mine. She had a disgusted look on her face and said "that's just wrong!" It isn't my fault we have matching undies and I don't check with her to see what she's wearing. As far as I know, she has no idea I wear panties. My wife kind of stewed about it for a bit, and I'm not sure what is happening from here but I hope everything is okay.

After you've been married for a while you learn when to keep your mouth shut. Look at this as a learning experience.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 10-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Miriam
    You have to adapt to your wife's sensitivities, but my wife would just laugh and shake her head.

Miriam

Linda, I thought I knew my wife well enough after 29 years to think she would do just what Miriam said; laugh.

Banned Read only
    I'll go with "keep your mouth shut." It sounds like your wife is not as comfortable with your dressing as you think.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Personally, if I was doing the wash and found my teen daughter wore the same brand/color of undies as mine, I'd switch brands/colors immediately. Never mind, "wrong"! I'm more worried about, "mistake"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You're wife was absolutely correct, and in the eyes of most people, wearing the same brand/type of undies as your daughter is downright creepy, even if buying them for yourself was completely coincidental. And frankly, you can stand on your head and spit nickels or put your hand in the fire and people still won't believe that this was purely by accident.

Some things are best left unsaid, and this was one of them. And if you really had to share this discovery, then at least do it here among friends who understand you, your crossdressing, and some of the rituals, drivers and experiences that go with it. The general public often doesn't, so why put yourself in that position? Most people possess some type of filter where the brain says "Stop!" when the motor starts revving and before they pop the clutch to put their mouth in gear...

It was wrong. Your daughter is twenty something and she needs to be more responsible when sharing a dryer.

Not knowing the style of underwear I guess that may be the impetus for this? Really at your age should you wear a thong? Maybe your wife is concerned that your daughter is wearing granny panties? That WOULD be wrong.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Why is your daughter wears old lady panties?! That's just wrong! Seriously though, if you want your daughter to go back to the white cotton ones just show her yours!
    Chickie

Banned Read only
    I must be reading this thread incorrectly. I simply do not see a problem. AT ALL. Much ado about nothing. Underwear or socks. Or anything else. It's ONLY clothing.

Sure, until there is an accidental switcheroo, and Dad ends up wearing Daughter's previously worn undies or vice versa. Majorly creepy...

O.K. - this may be a stretch, but that does invoke images of incest in my mind...

Sigh some women pretend it's ok, but I think she might read other things to what you intended. I think its funny but would exclaim thats just wrong if they were knees length bloomers and she had a pair too.

Oh my! I didn't think this would cause such a stir! Let me elaborate. My daughter had been living with her boyfriend and they split up. She moved back. She has certain days to do laundry. she left stuff in the dryer. I took it out and the last item was a pair of panties from VS. Hiphuggers. Same pattern as mine. My wife knows what I wear. She usually does our laundry. She has had no objections. She folds them and puts them in my drawer. No complaints. I have no idea what my daughter wears for underwear as I never see them. Ever. It was a freak thing she left stuff in the dryer. she's usually good about removing her clothes on our laundry days. I don't wear thongs or granny panties. There was nothing else I noticed that resembled any of my underwear. Just the one pair. There is no potential for mix-up that I can see.

Yeah Leslie, that is quite a stretch. It is not creepy unless dear old Dad purposely bought the same as his daughter. From what I understand that did not happen and it is just a coincidence. Those that think it creepy probably think that men dressed in women's clothing is creepy too. So to them, all of us MtF CD's here are creepy too. So be it. Now mentioning it to the wife can backfire as this one did. But, we poor readers here really do not know all that much about their relationship, especially where the CDing comes in. This is clearly a live and learn situation.

Ok, you have to think about it from a womans point of view really because if you don't you will never understand it. OK, so you just got done pulling your daughters clothes out of the dryer and you by chance notice that you are wearing the same panties. You come upstairs and inform me that your daughter and you are wearing the same panties and how cool it is. OK, so first of all Ew... Gross you are looking through your daughters clothes and you are what? wearing the same panties? hmmm.... what else are you doing that I don't know about. It is kind of perverted that "HE" is wearing the same kind of panties that "OUR" daughter is wearing. Who knows maybe he is stealing her panties or maybe she is stealing "Her" or "His" panties and wearing them which to be honest... I would probably think you were stealing her panties and wearing them even if it was the other way around at first thought. So proclaiming this to your wife was probably not the smartest thing to do as I myself would be grossed out by such a statement and look at you weird and funny for the next couple of days as I was trying to figure things out from that statement. Even if you did sit down with me and try to explain things and how you found her panties and blah blah blah that still would not be good enough for me. All I know you may be trying to get into the clear with an explanation and thus digging yourself into a deeper hole, which by then you would probably be so deep things would start to get rocky. So my advice don't EVER state you are wearing the same panties as someone else unless they know you would never do such a thing no matter how long you may have been married or known each other there are still those people who have different backgrounds and who knows maybe your wife was molested at a younger age and just by you saying that brought back unwanted memories. You have to think of the reprocussions that this may have brought just by one statement. Especially, if your wife is already un-accepting of your dressing you might of well just shot yourself in the foot while you were at it. IMO you just stuck your foot in your mouth and I don't know how to help you recover so I can't even give you any advice.

Angela

I can't imagine that VS has a whole ton of selection when it comes to colors or designs when they mass produce things for their shelves. So Jennifer and her daughter could end up with a pair or two of the same style and pattern since they both shop at VS apparently. It seems that yes, most have taken this thread out of context. She went to empty the dryer and pulled everything out to find that her daughter has the same taste in clothing. nothing more, nothing less.

She didn't go on and on about getting "turned on" by it or anything so it's just one of those things. Mind you, HAD she gone on about them in all kinds of freaky ways then yes, that most certainly is beyond creepy but she didn't. A harmless observation followed by a joke isn't creepy. Plus she never said ANYTHING about trying them on.

Geez.....
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 10-17-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I know she didn't, but she didn't have to say it in order for "People" to think it. People are tricky to figure out sometimes and it doesn't really matter what you say people will "Assume" that, that is what you did or probably will do later. Its like women and their pre-meditated conversations. I actually have always pre-meditated my conversations with others on how it will go, what they will say, what I will say and get out of the conversation what I want out of the conversation. Even though nothing was said about such an act people are people and they will think what they want to think! No matter whether we agree with it or not. You can't reason with someone who doesn't want to be reasoned with no matter how you try.

Angela

Triggers..

Even accepting spouses have things that rub them the wrong way. Jennifer she probably got grossed out by the thought of the father and the daughter having the same panties. Some things are better off not being said. Lesson learned, I think.

ok, so ive read this thread. And wheere i can see how it can be taken wrong, i can't help but see the funny too. As i can flash back on a similiar situation. It was back before i married my wife, and i'd visit her at her mom's house. (MY wife has a teen daughter) And they had left clean clothes in the open, on a chair. And i couldn't help but notice her daughter had the same bra as i had!

Now its not perverted, or gross! I didn't do anything but see the bra. But it makes you think hard, and then laugh... maybe we had the same taste in clothing.

At least she did not borrow you panties now that would be wrong

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I don't see the problem, my wife always tells me I have nicer panties than her and she is right. I like my satin string bikini panties and wear them always, size 6 thank you so much. I could care less what my daughters wear, as long as it's not my panties.
    I want to be this girl!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Lots of perspectives here. Another one. What mother wants to be wearing the same panties as their younger daughter? That thought could also be going through her mind, any parent wearing the same panties as their child. Men won't see a problem with their sons, but I think it might be more likely to rise among women.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I didn't really mean to create such a problem. I simply pointed out the fact that my wife thought it was wrong, but I thought it was funny. Nothing more. I buy all my panties at VS and that's it. I wear what I wear and my wife approves, but what I thought was funny, wasn't. Everyone here is reading more into this than I intended. I guess I learned my lesson with my wife and here.

Banned Read only

Question Just Plain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer W View Post
    I didn't really mean to create such a problem. I simply pointed out the fact that my wife thought it was wrong, but I thought it was funny. Nothing more. I buy all my panties at VS and that's it. I wear what I wear and my wife approves, but what I thought was funny, wasn't. Everyone here is reading more into this than I intended. I guess I learned my lesson with my wife and here.
    Whether one thinks something is “just plain wrong” depends a lot on the associations they make. I noticed in the latest catalog I received from Victoria’s Secret that one of the advertised items was described as “Lace-trim Cheeky Panties—Sexy Little Things” (their precise words). Probably many people think of Victoria’s Secret and its merchandise as very sexually provocative, things a woman might wear if she planned to spend the night with her boyfriend and (she hopes) have sexual relations with him that evening. If that idea reflects the way your wife thinks about Victoria’s Secret and its merchandise, then it certainly is understandable that juxtaposing the ideas of “sexual excitement” and “father-daughter relationship” would seem terribly wrong.

You presumably didn’t mean your comments that way — to you they were just about a funny discovery — but your wife’s reaction was a spontaneous response to what seemed to her to be juxtaposing two concepts that she thought should not go together. Judgments of “just plain wrong” stem from the associations the judger sees or infers (rightly or wrongly). Communication is not always perfect!

Banned Read only
    Good grief...

There must obviously be countless folks here that somehow think underwear is what the world revolves around and is somehow sacred. Possibly more important than Global Warming, World famine and just WHEN the next asteroid might hit earth, combined?