Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That's just wrong!

Point taken, Jennifer, and while you may feel that your original post was misinterpreted and you have emerged from this encounter slightly bruised by all the negative feedback, it did serve one useful purpose. It opened up a dialog concerning the sharing of clothing by us CDers with family members in general, and around which there are many unspoken taboos.

If it is done with the full knowledge and approval of one's wife, girlfriend, or SO, then more power to the two parties involved, and knock yourselves out. But if it is done without the other person's knowledge or permission and if family members are involved - especially children - then that's a whole different matter and the creep factor comes into play.

This topic has been discussed many times in these forums, and it has generally been acknowledged as being a "no fly zone" and a potential deal-breaker in an otherwise solid relationship. Some lines one simply does not cross, and for many women this is one of them. It may be an irrational over-reaction in some peoples' minds, but it is what it is.

The consensus in our community seems to be "don't borrow; get your own", especially if one is tempted to surreptitiously try on or borrow someone else's clothes when the opportunity arises - and even more so when lingerie or other types of underwear or intimate clothing are involved.

OMG..PLZ...lighten up! Sounds like good taste(VS) runs in the family...Oh Well...Hey..is that a comet coming this way ??

I agree...Thats just wrong.....You should not have had to finish her laundry for her. She is quite old enough to do so herself and leaving clothes in the dryer was thoughtless.

Aspiring Member

Perhaps some humor...

My wife recently appropriated, by mistake, a pair of my panties. She couldn't understand why they were so uncomfortable until she checked the size.

I wear a smaller size than she does and that does annoy her.

Another example of "getting your knickers in a knot".

Don't sweat the small stuff,
    Sandra1746

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    ok here's a GG perspective - I dont think it was creepy, or ikky or anything like that - it was a coincidence - nothing more - but mentioning it to the wife was one of those occasions when its better to say nothing - there are definately things that are better off not being said.

Leslie,

The OP has stated several times now, that no one borrowed anybody's anything. Daughter has her own undies, father has her own undies. They just, by coincidence, match.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Reminds me of a situation a few years ago. With 5 kids that all take their shoes off inside the front door, we ended up getting a plastic bin and all of the shoes go in it. One day I was rummaging through the bin looking for a pair of my old shoes to mow the lawn when I started to chuckle. My wife asked me what was so funny and I held up one of our younger daughter's pumps, and said, "You know how you always say that Christi (our oldest daughter) has more of your taste in clothes, and Jess (our younger daughter) has more of mine?" My wife looked perplexed. So I went upstairs to our closet and returned with an identical shoe, but in my size. My wife rolled her eyes, then chuckled, too.

This occured before I was out to any of our children. After I was out to them, I mentioned this story to our daughters. Our youngest said, "I don't know if I inhertied your taste in clothes, but I know that I inherited your big feet. I got those shoes more so because they fit than I liked them," and started to laugh. My older daughter, who is less than accepting, just rolled her eyes and said, "That's just wrong."
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Point taken, Jennifer, and while you may feel that your original post was misinterpreted and you have emerged from this encounter slightly bruised by all the negative feedback, it did serve one useful purpose. It opened up a dialog concerning the sharing of clothing by us CDers with family members in general, and around which there are many unspoken taboos.

If it is done with the full knowledge and approval of one's wife, girlfriend, or SO, then more power to the two parties involved, and knock yourselves out. But if it is done without the other person's knowledge or permission and if family members are involved - especially children - then that's a whole different matter and the creep factor comes into play.

This topic has been discussed many times in these forums, and it has generally been acknowledged as being a "no fly zone" and a potential deal-breaker in an otherwise solid relationship. Some lines one simply does not cross, and for many women this is one of them. It may be an irrational over-reaction in some peoples' minds, but it is what it is.

The consensus in our community seems to be "don't borrow; get your own", especially if one is tempted to surreptitiously try on or borrow someone else's clothes when the opportunity arises - and even more so when lingerie or other types of underwear or intimate clothing are involved.
    I'm very confused by this. Where did I say the underwear was borrowed? I must have missed what I said. I said they were the SAME STYLE SAME BRAND.
    I didn't borrow anything nor will I. Especially from my daughter. This seems to be getting way out of hand.

I thought it was funny and my wife didn't. Now I know not to mention matching underwear with her ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentpartner GG SO View Post
    ok here's a GG perspective - I dont think it was creepy, or ikky or anything like that - it was a coincidence - nothing more - but mentioning it to the wife was one of those occasions when its better to say nothing - there are definately things that are better off not being said.
    Mixed signals here, SP GG SO...

On one hand, you say that personally, you don't think that Jennifer's take on this incident was "creepy, or ikky or anything like that - it was a coincidence - nothing more..." yet at the same time, you acknowledge that Jennifer's wife might have had a problem with the matching father/daughter panties and that Jennifer would have been better served if she had just kept her observations to herself. So if not creepy, then what, in your estimation?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    Leslie,

The OP has stated several times now, that no one borrowed anybody's anything. Daughter has her own undies, father has her own undies. They just, by coincidence, match.
    I realize that, Roberta, and Jennifer has already made it clear that she wasn't casting a covetous eye on her daughter's undies; she was just bemused by the fact that she had just found out the two of them obviously had similar tastes in panties and an equal fondness for the VS brand of intimates.

I was just extrapolating this out into a future scenario where there might be a possible mix-up between the undies one day when doing their respective laundry, and either one could wind up wearing the other one's panties. Whether this then happened by accident or design, it could still potentially introduce the "creep" factor into the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer W View Post
    I'm very confused by this. Where did I say the underwear was borrowed? I must have missed what I said. I said they were the SAME STYLE SAME BRAND.
    I didn't borrow anything nor will I. Especially from my daughter. This seems to be getting way out of hand.

I thought it was funny and my wife didn't. Now I know not to mention matching underwear with her ever again.
    Understood, Jennifer. See my reply to Roberta above.

Still, this caused your wife to get into a funk. Have you had a good talk with her in the meantime, and has she actually said what in particular about this episode bothered her the most? We can all make our own assumptions here, but ultimately, she is the only one who can best articulate what part of this upset her the most.

My wife kind of stewed about it for a bit, and I'm not sure what is happening from here but I hope everything is okay.
    It'll probably be OK. But, I've got to say that it's impossible for us to understand what exactly motivates a CDer to want to dress. Although I accept it fully in my own SO, I have no way of developing an innate sense of his motives, since I am not a crossdresser. Frankly, he cannot tell me what motivates him either other than say it is a part of him.

In view of this, I think in the future it might be best to avoid putting the words, "panties, daughter, same, myself" in the same sentence. It just sounds too weird.
    Reine

There is no potential for mix-up that I can see.
    Famous last words. Riiiiggggghhhhhht.
    It's just a pair of panties. Throw yours out. no reason to tempt fate. As far as two different generations wearing the same style of sexy undergarments, well, most young women would be mortified to find they are wearing the same style as a women twice their age, much less a guy. I remember GF's throwing out pieces of clothing after finding out that their mom's could/did wear them. They felt that if their mom wore them, they were automatically 'old lady' clothes.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Well Jennifer, look at it this way. At least you know your daughter is wearing panties.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Famous last words. Riiiiggggghhhhhht.
    It's just a pair of panties. Throw yours out. no reason to tempt fate. As far as two different generations wearing the same style of sexy undergarments, well, most young women would be mortified to find they are wearing the same style as a women twice their age, much less a guy. I remember GF's throwing out pieces of clothing after finding out that their mom's could/did wear them. They felt that if their mom wore them, they were automatically 'old lady' clothes.
    Her leaving her laundry in the dryer was a fluke. She usually is on top of it, but was running late for an appointment and I happened to come along. Her laundry is totally seperated.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Jennifer W, I also thought it was funny-PERIOD. Your wife knows all about what panties you wear, and puts them away in your drawer (just as I do for Tara). I don't understand why she said it was wrong. Have you asked her why?
    I have learned she will talk about it in time.. we don't get much us time with my job and hers.
    Last edited by Sandra; 10-18-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: merged posts http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content

Making reference to your daughter like that coungers up all sorts of taboos.
    I do not include any minors in my CD jokes or comments.
    It can be misconstrued as pedophilia.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So many possibilites...

The idea, for me, of sharing underwear out of the same drawer with my GF, is quite a turn on. We actually do wear the same brand, and size, of panties, but different styles, i can't wear hers, but she could if she chose, wear mine, because they are stretchier.

Finding out that I wore the same brand and style as my daughter... ( don't have a daughter, but lets just pretend ) would be amusing, to me, and probably to my GF ( if she was my wife and the situation was similar ) but everyone has differnt takes. Did she mean it was wrong that you do have the same style, given the age difference? Some people haven't got used to the idea that older people still think of themselves, and are, still sexual creatures. It used to be that older people didn't, or couldn't think of themselves in that way. did she freak on the idea that you found it funny? Don't know, Unless you think there is something to be gained from this, just let it drop.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Making reference to your daughter like that coungers up all sorts of taboos.
    I do not include any minors in my CD jokes or comments.
    It can be misconstrued as pedophilia.
    Jennifer said her daughter was in her mid 20s.....that is NOT a "minor". BTW, what is a "coungers".....

if I wore the same brand tighty whiteys as a son would that be close to incest. OMG! are we getting phobic around here or what. So ya found a pair of undies in the drier BFD! Why mention it unless you wanted your wife to be sure not to make a dryer mistake too. There are just some people who get too carried away with projecting their dad/daughter fantasies onto someone else and making accusations of incest. I think we really need a reality check. Tell ya what I'll even sign it. For you Leslie to even suggest the word is what is wrong! My God! and Gee what if there was a switcheroo. They've been washed.
    Jennifer,
    A word to the wise, don't ever suggest telling your wife you want to out yourself to your daughter or next you'll be raising veal 'cause she'll have a cow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Well Jennifer, look at it this way. At least you know your daughter is wearing panties.
    ...at least once in a while!

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar

Mixed signals here, SP GG SO...

On one hand, you say that personally, you don't think that Jennifer's take on this incident was "creepy, or ikky or anything like that - it was a coincidence - nothing more..." yet at the same time, you acknowledge that Jennifer's wife might have had a problem with the matching father/daughter panties and that Jennifer would have been better served if she had just kept her observations to herself. So if not creepy, then what, in your estimation?
    well a little bit funny, (haha that is, not funny peculiar) but not something I really want a mental image of - there are some things that dont needs talking about and I think that was one of them. Certainly no big deal though

I'm amazed at some of the responses to this thread - really OTT IMO

hey i still think its funny!!!!! but i discussing this w/ my wife... and she disagrees, that its a disgusting. But as i see it, there was nothing bad that happened! Just an innocent comment.