Thread: Using Dressing Rooms

Using Dressing Rooms

Hi!
    Tonight I went to a Nordstrom's Rack looking for some skinny jeans. I was dressed androgynous in some yoga pants and a ladies workout sports bra and shirt with a loose sweatshirt over it. I was also wearing flat Madden Girl boots under the pants.

After looking around for a while and finding a pair in size ten, I got the courage to ask one of the sales people. She asked me what I was looking for and I said I really did not know what to look for and then she asked if they were for me and I said yes!
    It was really liberating and she started to show me several options and then asked me if I wanted to try them on. I said I did not want to embarrass anyone and she asked of I would be embarrassed. I said "no" and she just smiled then found me a dressing room.

I took five pairs in a room and spent ten minutes in heaven! When I came out, there were a couple of other SOs who just asked if I found anything that worked. I got one pair and actually did not want to leave. I suddenly had the urge to share my love of crossdressing with more of those sales people.

Has anyone else had this experience. I had no idea it could be so much fun. I have always bought stuff just hoping it would fit. Now, I know I can find things that look good on me.

Afterwards, I put on my new skinny jeans with the boots and a nice loose top. I had a stroll around a building (after dark) and then stopped and got gas. I think the shopping experience put me in a really good mood and gave me a bunch of confidence. Now, I am planning a return to MAC so I can spend some time all the way en femme.

Sorry to go on so long, I am just so happy!!!!

Connie

Good for you Connie, I'm glad you really enjoyed yourself; thanks for sharing,

Jamie

Sounds like you had a great experience!

Always brings a smile to my face to read a story like this. Thanks for sharing it.
    tammysmiles

Why exactly were you so happy, Connie?
    This is what most wives want to know. "Why do you want to go outside the house?"

Is it because you felt that they accepted you? (as a guy who liked to wear women's clothes?)
    Would you feel the same if you were buying women's shoes? Dresses? Lingerie?
    What happened here that could not happen at your home?

Banned Read only
    I did try on heels in a shoe store back in August. Wife was with me, and I tried n heels and pranced around the store in them as I looked for other heels. I was in guy mode of course, it was a little embarrassing for me at first, but when I saw how cool the male and female SA's were, I then relinquished that embarrassment and had a good time trying on and buying those heels. I almost felt like wearing them out of the store.

Silver Member
    I have had some interesting times at the Bay in Canada. A couple of months ago, I walked into their Above Average department early on a Saturday morning and was greeted by a super nice SA. (BTW, I always shop in guy mode) Because it was so early it wasn't busy yet, so she helped me find a skirt and two tops, then insisted I try them on. WOW! Right away, I can tell you that beats the crap out of shopping online, just because of the instant feedback of whether it looks good on me or not. I had to go back a couple of days later to exchange the skirt for a different size. Same SA, who again said I needed to try it on again to make sure it fit right. The next time I went in, there was a different SA. |When I asked to use the Fitting room, she told me there were some complaints from other customers, so "No". On the other hand, she was very helpful in showing me some really good options and helped me find a really beautiful skirt; it's now my favorite.

Today, I went back again. I couldn't help myself; most things were 30% to 40$ off, what's a girl to do? SA #1 was in again. She remembered me from the first time and greeted me with a big smile. (As a 6ft2in, 285 lb, balding 50+yo man, you get remembered in the ladies dept!) When I brought my 3 tops to the till she asked me if I had tried them on. I told her no, explaining that SA#2 had misgivings about a man in the ladies fitting room. She told me I "should report SA#2 to Head office for the mistreatment, now just go try your things on" How could I argue? I tried everything on and good thing, too, because one top didn't look good on me so I left it in the store.

Although I haven't been out in public dressed (yet!), I feel as though I am playing a role as an ambassador for the CD community. As a customer, I am quiet, polite and appreciative of the help I receive. Even when rejected, my demeanor stayed the same. How could a wise SA not be willing to help her sales statistics with my purchases?

Platinum Member
    Hi Connie, I was at the Nordstrom Rack in Towson Maryland last week for the first time.
    I was just looking and I noticed that they had a bunch of womans shoes and boots in
    sizes 13 & 14 around the $50.00 dollar range I tried on a couple pairs but didn't
    buy anything and no bells or whistles went off .
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 10-17-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yay! Congrats!
    Shopping en femme is much easier than as a guy, but I've shopped as a guy and have been treated great. But the great thing about shopping en femme is the sales attendants treat me seriously and go out of their way to help me. I wear my own hair these days so people realize I'm not kidding around.
    One thing about jeans is the sizing is very tricky, therefore it's much better to actually try them on before purchasing.

The photo is me at Bloomingdale's three days ago, the picture is dark because I took it front of a mirror,and the flash would wash everything out if I turned it on.

Here's me in a fitting room in Macys about 6 months ago.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathali...in/photostream

And here is me in Macy's a year ago before I gave up the wig.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathali...in/photostream
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 10-17-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Why exactly were you so happy, Connie?
    This is what most wives want to know. "Why do you want to go outside the house?"

Is it because you felt that they accepted you? (as a guy who liked to wear women's clothes?)
    Would you feel the same if you were buying women's shoes? Dresses? Lingerie?
    What happened here that could not happen at your home?
    Jennifer,
    I think you are asking a really good question. I do think I feel good being accepted as a man who likes to dress in women's clothing. I also think it is exciting to be out on the edge, there was a little risk in admitting I was buying for myself.
    And then there was just the pleasure of trying on different styles and sizes and feeling like a person who had a right to be in a store like any other customer.
    My wife loves to shop so I think she would understand.
    Hope this helps.
    BTW - I am still grinning ear to ear.
    Connie

H

That's agreat story Connie. Well done for doing what you did. It's not as scary as we all think at first. Most SA's I've come across are very accepting and extremely helpful.