Thread: Mail man or Mail woman...

Mail man or Mail woman...

So I was at work today knowing that when I came home I would have some clothes I bought online waiting for me. Then it got me thinking.

Because my stuff was mailed postal. I wonder, now keep in mind I'm sure they don't care cause they are doing there job but I was wondering if my Mail woman ever was picking up my packages and could feel the bra inside, cause when I buy from kohls they ship in a plastic bag. She has seen me multiple times pick up mail in drab, only small talk, and the only name on the mail address has been mine for the last 3years.

I'm not worried about it, just got me thinking about if other postal peeps know a little about there 'customers' just from there mail.

I think they are so busy just trying to deliver packages and letters, trying to avoid, or placate ever-watchful supervisors, and trying to do more deliveries with less personnel than ever before....they just don't have time to be concerned about little old you!

I also think The Rules have changed for The P.O.. Blabbing some gossip about one of The People on their route is probably verboten! Might even cost them their job if they did something like that!

Since probably thousands of us get packages everyday, and since I haven't heard one thing about being "outed" by The Mail Carrier, I think your pretty safe!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Yeah I have no concern of being outed by her or any Postal worker.

That is true cause the faster they get their routes done, they pry go home then.

I doubt they fondle the mail much. 10% of the time, whoever sorts mine gets it wrong
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

By the way, I think the correct terminology nowadays is Letter Carrier, not postman/postwoman or mailman/mailwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    I think they are so busy just trying to deliver packages and letters, trying to avoid, or placate ever-watchful supervisors, and trying to do more deliveries with less personnel than ever before....they just don't have time to be concerned about little old you!

I also think The Rules have changed for The P.O.. Blabbing some gossip about one of The People on their route is probably verboten! Might even cost them their job if they did something like that!

Since probably thousands of us get packages everyday, and since I haven't heard one thing about being "outed" by The Mail Carrier, I think your pretty safe!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Your first paragraph is true. Your second one is not. Don't know where you came up with that. Third paragraph is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Daniels View Post
    Your first paragraph is true. Your second one is not. Don't know where you came up with that. Third paragraph is true.
    OK, I don't work for The Post Office, but since every other organization public and private that I know of, has in the last few years issued strict privacy policies that concern their customers, can't imagine The Postal Service is exempt! Now maybe you won't find a rule or 200 in The Postal Codes about respecting and protecting privacy of customers....but I doubt it!

I imagine an employee could be in very big trouble if he or she broke such a rule, and something bad happened. I doubt The Shop Stewart and The Union would break a large sweat defending someone who willfully gossiped and wrecked someone's life. Yeah, they would go through The Motions, but you apparently know better than I what would happen if someone thwarted company policy.

Now, if they really don't have such rules (that would be incredible!) at The Postal Service, I think some of us ought to be bangin' on our Congressmen and Senator's heads, demanding such legislation.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 10-18-2012 at 07:56 PM.

i have wondered about that myself i have had a few convos with my postman both in the yard or out about town, i have often wondered about weather he knows that the lane bryant boxes with my name on them are really for me

I have a better story:
    About 20 years ago, I figured out my neighbor (70+ year old) and his wife, well some one in their house......
    Was opening my packages. My GF and I were both working full time. I had a standing delivery address of my address and if no answer the neighbors address. After a while I started to notice that 99% of my packages were cut open on the bottom then resealed. This was before all the security tape and shippers just used standard clear shipping tape. At first I panicked then later I thought it funny. Some of the stuff was for me, some for my GF. She was 5' 2" I am 5' 11" so it took some searching to find what was for who. Now the really funny part came when my GF and I split up. After a few months I started dated their daughter for about two years. The packages never stopped, but the contents was now 100% my size. The packages were still reliable resealed. After we dated for a while I let their daughter know about it. She thought it was cute and told me she didn't have a clue, and we enjoyed thinking about what her parents were thinking as they inspected my ever growing wardrobe. Now 15 plus years later all those that did the inspecting have passed. I am still friends with their sons and no one has ever given me any indication that the parents shared my secret.
    Sometimes even when others know, or think they know, they let you do whatever you want to do.
    Specially if it is not hurting anyone, live and let live.

Just curious...if your mailman is a woman is that a femailman?

BTW all of the shoe dazzle boxes and hosiery catalogs come in my name. Let'em think what they want. I don't mind.
    Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday. -Thornton Wilder, writer (1897-1975)

Victoria Kate. My friends call me Katie.

Honestly, we all have lives...

You are just not that important to the Postal carriers, sales assistants, dressing room attendants, Walmart checkers, "beauty queens", strippers, waitresses, convenience store employees, hotel clerks, airline personnel, photographers, the Mall makeover folks at Mac/Clinque or the people who do your nails, hair, waxing etc.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Platinum Member

My Lady Mailman

Hi Robyn, We have a lady mailman and as buisy as she is she don't have time
    to read my postcards or play with any packages that we get.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    OK, I don't work for The Post Office, but since every other organization public and private that I know of, has in the last few years issued strict privacy policies that concern their customers, can't imagine The Postal Service is exempt! Now maybe you won't find a rule or 200 in The Postal Codes about respecting and protecting privacy of customers....but I doubt it!

I imagine an employee could be in very big trouble if he or she broke such a rule, and something bad happened. I doubt The Shop Stewart and The Union would break a large sweat defending someone who willfully gossiped and wrecked someone's life. Yeah, they would go through The Motions, but you apparently know better than I what would happen if someone thwarted company policy.

Now, if they really don't have such rules (that would be incredible!) at The Postal Service, I think some of us ought to be bangin' on our Congressmen and Senator's heads, demanding such legislation.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Lets just say that I do have a background in that industry, so I know of what I speak.

I buy A LOT online. What is funny is, my daughter works at the postal store where I have a box. She handles my mail all day, and granted there is a TON of business mail and daily packages mixed in, but frankly, she is so busy handling zillions of packages, she doesn't even look at mine.
    [SIZE="3"]*PinK*[/SIZE] Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the *present*

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've bought enough from some places that I not only get the packages, I get a ton of catalogs, too, with my male name on them. One FullBeauty catalog I got recently says on the front, "Congratulations, ____! You are a member of the Bra Club! Buy 3 more bras, get 1 free!" Maybe some mail carrier got a giggle out of that. But how would anyone know I didn't buy them for my fiancee? I have, in addition to for myself.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I get catalogs in my name from every womens store, Fredricks, VS, etc. I am sure my daughter just thinks I like buying gifts for her step-mom (which I do sometimes)
    [SIZE="3"]*PinK*[/SIZE] Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the *present*

Mail delivery personnel do build up a profile of their customers.
    Mine knows that I get alot of packages from China.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

They don't care and are much too busy to worry about what's in your package. A friend is a mail man and they are under pressure to finish in a specific time frame...they could care less as long as they get their work done (with a little OT if possible).
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Basically, I'd say that unless they were a new carrier, you wouldn't be the first, nor the strangest set of circumstances they've ever dealt with. I've had UPS dump hundreds of dollars of clothes from clearly marked women's clothing stores. Only comment? "Shopping early for Christmas?" "Sure, my own Christmas!" A smile and a goodbye.

The following is meant in humor.....

watch this only [52 secs] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRARx-YJEn4

How can one be so arrogant as to believing that a mail-carrier cares whats in your package?