Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: victoria secret/crossdressing

victoria secret/crossdressing

hello ladies how many of you girls have gone into victoria sercret to buy bras,nylons,panties,garterbelts,purfume etc do the sales ladies ask for your wife gf you the reason i ask went w one of my cd friend other day and sales lady ask him is it for you guess they know him then one ask me if im buying stuff for me to guess us crossdresser stick out want you girls of your experience at vs sorry spelling sucks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Many times, and I've never been asked who I was buying for...and of course I've never left any doubt when I've shopped en femme.

Sometimes Im asked whos it for and I never bat and eye. Its for me and just smile to them. Most of the times im with my gf and we just have fun with the clerks about it. Its fun to see their faces somerimes. Does it realy matter whos gonna wear them .Its keeping them busy and thats what counts .lol.
    Renee

Perhaps the salesgirl is asking to make sure that the fit and size is spot on, and has nothing to do with the issue of you being a cross dresser at all. I am sure they see far more then even WE can imagine.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have gone into VS both in drab and enfemme. I don't remember ever being asked who I was buying for!! I have, in the past, bought for both myself and for my late wife. The SA's in any of the VS stores that I frequent know that I am a crossdresser, and pretty much treat as a lady, no matter how I am dressed!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    Frankly, unless a man is buying a small, I think he is always suspeteced as being a crossdresser. I find walking into a VS alone, in guy mode, the most intimidating thing ever. Way more so than being in public in girl mode. Kinda silly.

When going into VS in drab I feel I am walking into my local club without my membership card.
    I usually wear my membership card en femme.... and dont forget American express.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I want to save up so I can go in drab and ask what they have to make my boobs look better.

God, I love the word "boobs"!
    It's just so.. fun!

Salespersons like to chat and like to have a relationship with customers. Works for me, makes me feel quite welcome and more inclined to buy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    VS is a sore spot for me I was looking at some of the sexier panty section in drab and the older SA lady pretty much told me I wasn't allowed in that section.
    I asked why not? She said its for women only and it wasn't right for me to be in there.
    I gave here a WTF look and left leaving my other items in the sales counter.
    The lady at that main check out counter asked me what the matter was and I said her and pointed at the old bag.
    Walked out and have never been back and don't plan on it ever.

I've never been asked who I was buying for there. I've several times had them compliment me on my selection. A couple of other times had a few give unsolicited advice about things I was looking at. Once I went to one I don't normally go to and couldn't find the hose. So I asked one of the SA's, and she took me to them and started talking about all the different styles and which were more comfortable etc.

Don't shop VS, I don't think they are known for plus sizes, but in department stores I've never been asked who it was for, although I've had them assume it was for the wife, since I don't consider it anyones busy, I just let them think what they want.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Tracii- The SA's have told me outright that they have a no discrimination policy. You had the exception. Did you write head office about her? The only time they have asked me who I was shopping for was to determine if I wanted a gift box/receipt. I don't love thier lingerie, I buy some, but I love the people there. -Celeste

The times that I have shopped at VS, whether alone or with a freind, I have been en femme. Most of the SA's have been very accomodating even if they know I'm a guy in a dress. They will help me with selections, make suggestions, and open the fitting room for me so I can try on my selections. I've found the same to be true in department stores as well.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    VS is a sore spot for me I was looking at some of the sexier panty section in drab and the older SA lady pretty much told me I wasn't allowed in that section.
    I asked why not? She said its for women only and it wasn't right for me to be in there.
    That SA needs a history lesson! The original Victoria's Secret store was founded by a man who found it intimidating to shop for lingerie. It was designed specifically to be accepting and helpful for men!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victori...Secret#History

Now, the business model has certainly changed since then, but the #1 rule in retail is that the only customer qualification is possession of the means to pay.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member
    I just went there a few days ago in guy mode. I was politely asked if I needed help by a lady at least in her mid 60's, and I stated that I was just looking. She said for a birthday or something special coming up? I said your right! Took my time looking and then left.

I have shopped VS openly in drab for the last 15 years. Never had a problem. Had my original bra fitting at VS about 12 years ago. I have bought over 3 dozen bras and over 50 pairs of panties in the lasty 15 years. Always positive service. The key is to be open about your purchases and to smile and be polite. The SA's will bend over backwards to help you.

It all depends upon your attitude and body language. It you come across timid and afraid, not good. If you are confident, polite and assertive, no problems.

Jodi

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]My last ladyfriend loved a certain model of VS bras. Over the years I bought her a number of them in all colors, etc. The SA's think it's pretty cool that I'm confident enough in my own masculinity to not be worried buying lingerie. It's all in how confident and self-assured you are.

I don't buy lingerie for myself at VS because none of it is really applicable to what I need to make me look even semi-feminine. So much of it is thin and light and made for women who are exposing a lot more skin than I can get away with. I need heavy duty shapers, full coverage bras, support hose, and really large heels!
    [/SIZE]

I suppose it's no secret that I like Victoria's Secret LOL... i buy lingerie and panties in store at least once a year and never have a problem. When they ask me if I need help, I just ask them for one of the shopping bags... and they never ask who it's for. Occasionally they will assume it's for my wife (wedding ring a good tip) and say things like "does your wife like perfume?" in an attempt to get me to buy some of the body splash stuff etc. My very first time in one, the SA was very helpful and even described how she liked the way certain underwear fit and so on... and thought it was cool that I would buy things for my wife. (Which I *do* shop there sometimes for my wife, I'd say it's a 50/50 split.) I walk in with 100% full confidence en drab, especially anytime in December or early February in the "early days" since then you don't even NEED an excuse... it's assumed. I have never tried to get a bra fitting, or purchase bras there since they typically don't have the cotton ones I like, so I get those online. I've also never admitted that anything was for me, but no one has even HINTED at that...

Thanks Eryn for posting the wiki link... it was educational for me, I had no idea!

VS Fan

hun that is probaly never going to hapen again had something like that hapen to me but little different put the stuff down the manager ask what happen told her she fired the employee on the spot gave me 20% off my stuff and a free garterbelt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yes hun i agreee they probaly know it for you but they dont care you want be a women they are more then helpful to help you out one of the reg vs employees who knows it for me always trys to find sexy stuff for me love there wings purfume but cant ware it in the morning when have to go to work it last almost 5hrs but usaly shop for panties,thongs,bras,nylons gotten a few garterbelts to that my friend susgested if my gf only new i dress up as a women
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We don't have VS in France, but we do have Camaieu - a younger womans clothing store that is slightly upmarket.

When dressed in (female) jeans and shirt/top, I'm often asked if I'd like the item gift wrapped.

When dressed in skirt and heels I'm usually asked if I'd like to try on the item for size.
    Ashley

Aspiring Member
    I've had some very good experiences at VS and some that are so so. Several times they have asked "who are we shopping for". I would guess that they asked because I was wearing womens jeans and top but was not overtly looking like a woman. I have told the truth and mostly received very good service. I don't really go there anymore because I already have too many bras and even though the service is a wonderful experience, I don't need to buy any more. And if you spend 15-30 minutes rying on bras, you should really purchase one.

Banned Read only
    Confident and ASSERTIAVE That shows it all and body language, especially for some of us that are straight. Our body language and eye contact shows we just like womens clothes and not perverted about it. when we inneract with other shoppers, ESPECIALLY, thats what sales associates really care about, being a pleasure and making the others shoppers experiences fun and possibly brightening there day as well the more I go out enfemme, ITS BETTER I go to the same stores in guy mode as well and not only accepted by the SA, but a bond forms as well.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    I've NEVER had a problem at my local VS - shop there in guy mode and the SAs are always super friendly/helpful..... Oh, and I have never seen a SA who was over the age of 30.....