Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which came first?

Which came first for you – the gender identity crisis, or the MtF crossdressing?
    Other people crossdressed me first; my mom when I was a toddler, my abuser when I was a school age child. But it wasn't long before I was doing it on my own, believing that god had made a mistake, and that I was really supposed to be a girl. I suppose it was in part to show god that I would be good at being a girl, in the hopes that he'd 'fix' me. Needless to say, that never happened, I'm still waiting.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi Frederique, as I age I think more of my gender identity. I would not call it a crisis, but as my lifetime maximum approaches, I think of how much I would like to spend time as a "girl." Tonigt I am dressed from my head to my waist as a girl, and I love thinking that I could be all girl if you know what I mean. Tomorrow it's back to being totally male, and I dread it! I have a purple swing dress and red hat, and I would love to form a "red hat" group for CD's.
    Love, Sabrina

I don't believe I've ever seriously considered changing my gender identity. But, I have often thought about what it would be like to be a woman and to be desired as woman by a straight man. I was married for many years, but left the marriage and have identified as gay for the last 15 years. I'm really just beginning to experiment with crossdressing (a late bloomer), so who really knows where this might lead.

I always have trouble with the term "trapped in the wrong body." I think of myself as female even though I have male body parts. I don't see anything wrong with my body. True, there are times I wish I had female body parts, but not often.
    There are definite advantages to being able to present as male at times. I suspect there are reasons for being the way that I am, but I can't fathom what they are. I believe that being a female with male body parts is a legitimate part of the human spectrum. It's not something I need to worry about or agonize over, and it's definitely not something tha needs to be "corrected."

The dressing came first for me though when I look back there were clues when I was younger. The feelings while dressed led me to explore and accept my transgenderism, before I was acting the part of a male but it was always acting, just didn't realize it at the time.