Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think crossdressing makes you healthier and better? I do.

Smile Do you think crossdressing makes you healthier and better? I do.

I know I feel so much better when I'm dressed and even when I'm not, just knowing I'll be able to again. I feel I'm eating healthier and have gone from a size 10, 6 months ago when I started dressing, to a size 8. I lost about 16lbs. Instead of stuffing myself to feel better, I can release my tension and frustrations through dressing. I feel I'm taking better care of myself too, as far as my appearance goes. Before I usually accidently shaved myself when cutting, now with some tips from here I get a real smooth shave without injury. Also get to shave things I never thought of shaving before. Who knew wearing nail polish was such a kick, not me. I've never felt better in my life and wish I would of started this journey sooner. Any thoughts on how you feel???

Without a doubt yes.

I am off my anxiety meds now that I am out

I have lost about 30 pounds since April and am eating better than ever

The acne on my legs, which as there since I was a kid, is gone now for whatever the reason

I use lotion, moisturizers, conditioner etc where I didn't use any of that stuff before

Most importantly, I am now exercising at least 3x per week

My makeup doesn't go bad from sitting in a hot storage closet hidden away from the world

Not to mention all of the organization that has come from being connected mentally with my physical self.

My health has absolutely improved beyond anything I ever felt was possible.

Thank you for the interesting question...Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Platinum Member
    If CDing helps motivate you to maintain a healthier weight and diet,then that's great. I would acknowledge that I feel better when I'm dressed from an emotional stand point. That counts for something.

Hi Jaymee,

Crossdressing is healthier for you. Caring for your skin, eating smaller portions and healthier to wear a smaller dress size is all part of being feminine. Add womans workout exercises for toning and over time you have a healthier more glamorous you.

Inna has stated numerous times in her posts that it is a conscious shift on how you view your self. As you progress your self confidence will build and your mind and body comes together in sinc. For some it is easier, others take a little longer but in the end I believe we will add a few years to our lives by staying the course. It takes time and effort but like anything else in life there is a reward for us at the end of the rainbow.

Michelle

Having a serene life while CD'ing (24/7 here ) is a great benefit to my mental/physical health. I also eat better when a female, but I'm still far from perfect.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    Crossdressing is one of the best stress relievers you can find. But don't take my word for it. Dr. Vernon Coleman has been writing about this for about two decades. The link below, is a list of his writings on a wide variety of subjects. If you scan down the list, there are about 6 or so essays on crossdressing which stress the benefits of dressing up.

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/main.htm

Veronica

Good for you for living a healthier life style. Be careful talking about how dressing has made you lose weight. The ladies on this forum jump to conclusions that you are doing it only to look prettier or feel more feminine. If dressing is helping you eat healthier and live a happier lifestyle, what should hold you back? I'm in the same boat as you, when I am dressed its like all my problems have gone away and I've stepped from my body into another. It is marvelous! You go girl.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

Silver Member
    Agree with previous comments. If it - makes me happier, inspires me to stay in shape, helps me feel better, inspires me to think diffrently and openly, increases acceptance of others, offers stress relief, lets me be creative, offers greater self-awareness, and is fun - then it makes me happeir and healthier.

I look at crossdressing as a vehicle that helped me to get in touch with my feelings and helped to integrate them into my overall self. CDing is a process and like any other process, it can run amok or you can learn to control it. The choice, it seems, is ours.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes it did. My mental health increased dramaticly ever since. Lot more confident, self awareness, you name it. Almost feel i got my dignity back since i embraced it completely. Even told some of my friends...none acted like a jerk thank god. I feel human again.

Aspiring Member
    Absolutely...both mentally and physically! I feel alot healthier and I am way more aware of what I eat and I have clocked many mile walking the parks...and I am down 28lbs.

oh it sure is a stress relief!!!! even this morning, i went to dress for work (drab) and came out of the room. Wife said i was irritant and crabby And that i was a whole different person when i had my bra on. idk, maybe its tru. I already told her (and she agrees) when it comes to men's clothing, i dont care about what i look like. I dont like them and theres no variety (pants and a shirt or shorts.) w/ womans clothing, i can change up and have pretty colors on. (example, as i was getting dressed i smiled at myself as i choose what color panties to wear to work. (never was i excited when i was putting on mens underwear....

Junior Member mike~the~islandman's Avatar
    I do recall a hefty amount of anxiety in my life until I finally admitted that this was something I need to do. For far too long I denied it, and said when I first started back in high school it was only a phase, but it absolutely wasn't. I had been thinking about it long before even trying it back then. I went through those moments too "I'll just do it a few times, and then throw these *super cute* clothes away and move on). But why? Why move on from something that's clearly just who I am, and not a mood of day?

I felt so much better when I finally made it a part of my everyday life (which, really, it only happens at nite) but still, its a part of me, and I don't want go through thinking its only a "phase" ever again
    "When you're in love you want to tell the world," -Carl Sagan

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think its a great thing and a good stress reliever for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I think its a great thing and a good stress reliever for me.
    Me too Tracii!

It's so cool, testing the world to see what happens. I have been wearing sparkling clear nail polish for three days now, and not one person has noticed.

I literally have experienced a rebirth this year. I wouldn't trade anything for what I have right now, getting to live as Meghan. It has unlocked so much, so many opportunities and possibilities that I had not seen before, probably because I wasn't looking in the right places.

My old profile quote came from a line from Gaff in the movie Blade Runner.

"Too bad she won't live. Then again, who does?"

I used to think that applied to Meghan. Needless to say, I no longer use that quote for my signature line!

Meghan
    Last edited by Meghan; 10-23-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Fixed the spelling of Tracii's name. Bad, bad Meghan!

~Turkish Proverb

I've always said let me live my life as I see fit for it's the only thing that keeps me from going insane!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I've always said let me live my life as I see fit for it's the only thing that keeps me from going insane!
    Exactly! I am learning to be more of a "beg for forgiveness" instead of an "ask for permission" type of girl.

Meghan

~Turkish Proverb

I always feel better when I can dress.
    Proud Daughter of the South
    http://www.facebook.com/loren.smith.581

Definitely my femme side works on health!! Have been power walking(and a little jogging) in my cute dolphin shorts/tops etc and find it great to be working out as a woman. Has had some defnite advantages

In order to look like a woman it requires a lot of work. I have a lot of respect for all GG's in that department. Crossdressing has motivated me to lose weight and excersize more, to use lotions, exfoliate and so on. So yes it has had a positive effect on my health. I guess I can now tell someone if asked why I crossdress that I do it for my health...LOL.

I also agree that it does, my diet for me and cosists of no processed foods- all meals are homemade. This greatly helps my weight and figure.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    If CDing helps motivate you to maintain a healthier weight and diet,then that's great.
    Sure, I agree with Kim, but non-crosdressing men find other motivations for keeping fit and healthy, like wanting to excel in their chosen sports, wanting to be more attractive, and wanting to live longer.

Simply put yes. :d
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Banned Read only
    I was diagnosed as a diabetic on the low end of the scale. I had this condition for years and years, but, was never diagnosed. Well, it was suggested that I change my diet and lose some weight. Now I was not into eating junk food or beer and soda to begin with, but, I did ditch the white bread, white rice, pasta and mashed potatoes. Portion size went down. I exercise five time a week. I have dropped 15-18 pounds and have lost the male pregnant look. Yes, I do have a goal of looking my best in a dress. I would say, accounting for age, I physical stature is better than at least 75% of the GG's I encounter. The same can be said of the males.

Cross dressing is also a great stress reliever. It is comforting to sit here and bang away on the keyboard in a pretty dress by Merona.

I really do think that it makes me a beter person, there is a nice balance between my fem side and my masc side...