Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I started plucking my eyebrows about five years ago. At first I just sort of cleaned them up. Now I keep them somewhat thinner with a noticeable feminine arch to them. I also wear a very light coat of mascara most days. Even on the days that I can't dress it helps me fell more feminine. What do you girls do?
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Deborah J.

I get my eyebrows threaded monthly but not into a womans eyebrow shape. That would not go over well at work!

Hi Deborah,

I keep my eyebrows neat and as thin as I can get away with since I have to switch back and forth. I wear lipstick everyday as kind of a touchstone.

Sigh,
    Debby
    Debby

Considering plucking my eyebrows soon, just to generally tidy them up so that they're more feminine but won't look weird in male mode
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

I do every few days to disconnect the two since they like to grow into a unibrow.
    o_O

Every month or so I'd get them cleaned up when I got a haircut, the next time I go I will be asking for more feminine eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Hi Deborah,

I keep my eyebrows neat and as thin as I can get away with since I have to switch back and forth. I wear lipstick everyday as kind of a touchstone.

Sigh,
    Debby
    I usually also wear a light lip gloss too and a little translucent blush. Both hardly noticeable. It makes me feel better about myself. Not to mention underdressing, bra, panties and nylons.
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Deborah J.

Aspiring Member
    Oh yes I pluck. Otherwise Mr. Mono-brow would be staring at you.

I have them as thin and arched as possible. I take the outsides down quite a bit and add the arch with a pencil.

I always keep my eyebrows trimmed and advance alittle each time I pluck them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Absolutely...A Gurl should be ready at the drop of a hat to look her best...XO's

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Mine are so thin but I do pluck the lower ones to clean them up a bit.
    Really light and hard to see anyway.

The avvy pic isn't me
    i began plucking and shaping about a year ago and did so slowly, a hair here and there, so as not to be too obvious.

I think that i fooled most people, but as i began to feel the urge to let me be me, it got more noticeable. I now get looks all the time from random people, but i think alot of that is because i also darken them with a eyebrow pencil/crayon. I also am a mascara wearer and sometimes when the fog is particularly strong and i know i can get away with it, eye liner as well.

All in all i don't think people really care, the few comments and knowing looks have been favorable and kind if not just curious.

I pluck and trim the rest of the hairs for a neat look. Not too feminine and no one have ever made a comment. Even my wife who is not all accepting.

I get mine waxed every other week no matter where I am. My wife is a plucker and has permanent eyebrows. Anytime she put the tweezers to me,I just started sneezing.The waxing works for me better than threading. "Thin and arched a bit" is how I describe my desires to the waxer.

The lady who does my hair also waxes my eyebrows.. she worked them slowly until now they are very fem.. arched a little and pretty thin... and i just love them..

The avvy pic isn't me
    I'm one of those addictive personality types, and i have to admit i am constantly in the bathroom mirror with my trusty 'Tweezerman' brand tweezers on stray hair patrol.

Sneaky little bastages are always popping up, seems like overnight.

Silver Member
    I started years ago. Eventually I killed all the ones I didn't want. Did the fem thing. Line from the nose to corner of the eye etc. Now my beautician trims them when needed. As a blond mine were light and I only darkened them for out at night.

deb: the only reason I don't pluck them is because I just don't know where to begin. I do take a single edge blade and try to give them some shape but just
    can't seem to get the two to look the same. I guess I'm far too freaked out to go to a professional so I have to make do with being asymmetrical...dana

If I pluck them how will I get them to braid with my ear hairs? Just kidding of course. I pluck and trim mine but the I still have to retaiin some of the male bushiness for work.
    Laura

I did a while back and wore masscara but my wife caught me so i had to stop

I get them waxed every four weeks when I have my hair appointments, and tweeze in-between as strays pop up. I had my unibrow removed by electrolysis about ten years ago, but didn't go too far toward shaping them femme at that time. Now, I wear them as thin and arched as I think I can get away with while still being able to pass as a guy once in awhile.

- Diane

I just started recently. That and shaping / growing my nails a little bit. Not too noticeable but allows me to feel a little feminine when I am at work.

I keep them trimmed up, and patrol the arch lines for strays every few days. They have a natural arch to them already that's always been pretty feminine so I've never shaped them.

A ittle plucking here & there, but my preferred method that I swear by is buying wax strips, cutting them up into one inch ( 2cm) sections that are about 1/4 inch (5mm) wide, putting them in the microwave oven for 30 seconds, then applying on the bottom and top edges of my eyebrows. With the small strips, my aim is good every time. It takes a couple of these small strips to complete the job, but there are two strips with each piece (top & bottom), you separate the two halves.....am I making sense here?

My eyebrows look feminine for about one & half to two weeks , then the stubble starts to grow. But it sure beats the tedious job of tweezers!

That's my beauty tip of the week.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    This is easier than its ever been! The current style in women's eyebrows seems to be a more natural look, cleaned up but not totally and artificially thin.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    My eyebrows look feminine for about one & half to two weeks , then the stubble starts to grow.
    Good gosh, mine seem like they last about one & a half days until the fastest growing furs on Earth start to re-emerge after a waxing.

Oh yeah, I played around with tweezing them for a while until I had a proper wax and have never looked back. But tweezing in between the waxings is a must.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)