Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does the vehicle matter?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Has my feminine side dictated my choice of current vehicle? Well, I don't really know. I drive a 1994 white Mazda Miata. Some people think this is a little girly car and I must admit it is tiny ... but I'm not sure how girly it is. Here's a pic of my actual car.

The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

This is my 1957 Ford Fairlane that I sold to a guy from the next town over. I owned the car for 12 years and it has ran like a dream but lately the cold moist air of the east coast USA has made thinngs a little challenging and expensive, and I do not have a garage with my house, and my neighbor shares my driveway, so I didn't put up the 20X10 Quonset style car tent these last couple of years because of the ice & snow that accumulated at the base of my driveway.
    ....maybe someday I'll buy the car back. However, boats are on my mind these days. I drive a an AWD Subaru Outback which magically allows me to cut through snow on 90 degree vertical roads.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 01-01-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Mimi and I took a look at a Fit the other day and were quite impressed. Interior room was quite good for four tall adults and the cargo space was huge. Honda's engineering expertise shines in that car. The design is clearly superior to the Ford and Chevy competition which is pretty good for a four-year-old design. We're likely to buy one.

Fits are made in Japan, so owners are less likely to find Bubba's beer bottle rattling around in a door.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Debbie's first car was a 1984 Mazda RX7 GXL. It was styled like a lotus, a two seater, and I wasn't half way to the red-line at 230 in 5th gear.
    I eventually lost it in a flood, but by then I realized that the only women who would ride in a car like that were women who wanted to charge me by the hour.
    After that I went with a Mazda Protege then a Ford Taurus, and now a Mercury Marquis.

The car that got the most interest from the most women was my 1980 Ford LTD. Women loved that there was room for their kids, their friends, AND room for lots of shopping bags or groceries in the trunk.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

I haven't owned a car since 1987. My wife has and still does, but I was born in a truck, and will be buried in one! LOL

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I always had thoughts of the Small BMW's being girls cars, but I bought a 323 convertible, several years ago, before Bobbi made her appearance.
    This along with many other things show me I have always been this way but didnt know any better.
    However the Vettes, and trucks are for my other 1/2. ;-).
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

My wife has a Mini Cooper convertible, with body-kit. Mine is a Mini CooperS Countryman all4.
    Our cars are both economical without resorting to nasty poisonous diesels
    Also not too big to be thought to be compensating for something......
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    Has your feminine side dictated your choice of current vehicle?

No, not in the least. I have been a car guy since the mid-50's and have attend motorsports events all over the country; asphalt and dirt, road courses, bull rings, superspeedways, open wheel, sports cars and stock cars. Choosing a car for me is based on 3 things: performance, family needs and money. It is a fact of life that compromise is often required. Some of the more unusual and/or interesting cars I've owned are:
    • '72 Honda 600 Coupe
    • '70 Lotus Elan +2S
    • '75 Fiat 131 Brava 2-door
    • '84 VW Quantum 4-door wagon (Audi 5cyl)
    • '90 Nissan Maxima SE
    • '09 factory John Cooper Works MINI Clubman
    All were purchased new, except for the Lotus. Engines covered 2, 4, 5 and 6 cylinders. All had manual transmissions; 4, 5 and 6 speeds. I've never owned an automatic.

The MINI gets high marks for stealth. However, underneath the skin is 208hp that results in 147mph and 0-60 in 6.7sec. Plus, we just got back from Michigan and it ran 32+mpg, cruising at 72 to 77mph with 2 adults and luggage. Works for me!

And here it is (bonus points if you can identify the location!):
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    No, not in the least. I have been a car guy since the mid-50's and have attend motorsports events all over the country; asphalt and dirt, road courses, bull rings, superspeedways, open wheel, sports cars and stock cars. Choosing a car for me is based on 3 things: performance, family needs and money. It is a fact of life that compromise is often required. Some of the more unusual and/or interesting cars I've owned are:
    • '72 Honda 600 Coupe
    • '70 Lotus Elan +2S
    • '75 Fiat 131 Brava 2-door
    • '84 VW Quantum 4-door wagon (Audi 5cyl)
    • '90 Nissan Maxima SE
    • '09 factory John Cooper Works MINI Clubman
    All were purchased new, except for the Lotus. Engines covered 2, 4, 5 and 6 cylinders. All had manual transmissions; 4, 5 and 6 speeds. I've never owned an automatic.

The MINI gets high marks for stealth. However, underneath the skin is 208hp that results in 147mph and 0-60 in 6.7sec. Plus, we just got back from Michigan and it ran 32+mpg, cruising at 72 to 77mph with 2 adults and luggage. Works for me!

And here it is (bonus points if you can identify the location!):
    Can't beat the Mini, we took our old CooperS (2002) to the south of France, fantastic wee car and you can get a helluva lot of good Provençal Rose in the back too
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

Gold Member
    I'll give a positive vote for the Fits. My wife has one and it is a nice little car. It handles great, is roomy for its size, and is solid. The downsides? Well a car in that price range isn't going to have a real potent engine and it doesn't. It is good but I have to merge onto the highway in a short distance and going uphill and I have to really pay attention to get in safely. And if they haven't changed it since 2008, the cloth on the seats really attracts lint. Two thumbs up from me.

do a lot of girls drive a Camaro SS?

this one does...
    Last edited by steftoday; 01-03-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

My friends say I need to get another car; I have a F350 DRW V10. It is a little interesting getting in and out with heels and a dress, but I think it's kind of hot to see a "chick" behind the wheel of a big truck. I have a Miata, but its in FL. If I were to ge a new vehicle, it will probably be a Jeep Wrangler...unless I win the lottery! 911 GT3 RS, Z06, DB9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? JFK
    If "pro" is the opposite of "con", then Progress is the opposite of CONGRESS! Gallagher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimeecinn/

The first car I bought when I was 16 I still have, a cute 1970 VW beetle. I have a Chevy 3/4 ton diesel truck for the drab work mode. But my fav is my red 1982 Corvette, fast and sexy fun.
    Danielle

I drive a chevy tahoe. Is that considered a woman car?

How I Wish I Looked!!! Jessica_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlene J View Post
    I drive a Mazda miata and I love to dress up and drive around with the top down - but only after dark, I am still afraid to be seen.
    Hey Marlene... great choice... and I love the driving with the top down.

I have a 2001 Jaguar XJ8 in a teal color over a cream interior. I think my daughter in-law read me before I started dressing, she asked me why I had such a fru-fru car and dog (Bichon Frise). I also have 2012 Honda Civic in case I actually have to get somewhere. Hugs Jaymee

My 2010 White Ford Ranger is the most nondescript vehicle on the road. Nobody notices it and it does everything a truck should do. Roll down windows and AM FM radio. I love Ford for offering that vehicle for all of these years. AND THANKS to the post about the hybrid. My wife bought one against all of the naysayers advice and we love it. That's our girly car. No boyz allowed.

When I got my MINI Cooper I was always asked why I bought a girl car, but that never crossed my mind when I picked it out. I got it because it was small, cheap on gas, handles great, and built better than most all the "throw away" small cars. I wouldn't trade it for anything, it's the perfect car for a single person and city driving.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I consider a car an item of transportation to get me from A to B reliably with good MPG. Therefore I am on my second Honda Civic. I bought it for my wife and never bothered taking her butterfly seat covers off when I started driving it, after she upgraded to a CR-V. I used to own "American" cars and trucks (Chevy, Dodge, Buick) but they sucked and broke down constantly. I bought the Dakota brand new and it was nothing but a nightmare from a reliability standpoint. There are days I miss having a truck, but only needing it a few days a year doesn't justify owning one to me, especially with a 25 mile commute each day.

No girlie vehicles here. My daily driver is my 2010 Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4. In the garage is my big block 69 Camaro
    and hardtailed KZ750 Twin Bobber.

southern california palmdale and victorville
    i have a 08 gt like this

southern california palmdale and victorville
    A 1970s triumph Tr6 is my dream car....so sexy

This is kind of funny. I thought I was the exception. Deep down we all seem to be gearheads. Of course whats hotter then being a hot girl that's into hot cars.