Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if your SO did this?

What would you do if your SO did this?

Apparrently my fiance has been going around all week telling everyone (including my 25 year old son) that I lost a bet and had to dress like a girl for Halloween. I made no such bet and had nothing to do with this. I think she thinks she is helping me. I obviously don't mind dressing like a girl, but the whole just telling everyone thing and saying I HAVE to go out in public is another thing all together.

Am I just over reacting to this. That is what I really want to know.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Banned Read only
    Heck, I wish I could lose a bet like that! In fact, I'd make your fiance take you to a lot of stores and make her choose your outfit; bra, panty, hosiery, slip (got to have a nice slip), pretty dress (no pants, no pants, no jeans), heels, wig, and a trip to a makeup counter. Make her do your face, paint your nails. Oh, be sure to stop at the negligee department for some proper attire for when she jumps your bones! Just saying. Have fun!

I would suggest all you can do now is go along with it and enjoy yourself

Besides you can always say you enjoyed it even more later if the question comes up
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I lost the "bet" a long time ago Hon. Anyone telling anyone else at this point is just after the fact.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Great situation. It all hinges on the feelings your wife has toward your crossdressing. If she is supportive, I suspect she feels you lack confidence to go out and is helping. If she disapproves, but knows you dress, I suspect she is showing some support for you for this one situation. You do need to find out exactly why she would do this. I suspect she is just trying to help out and there is nothing sinister, and no reaction necessary, just trips to the store, as Stephanie pointed out.

Enjoy

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

you are a lucky man take advantage of this and enjoy what you wife is doing for you it may make life a lot easier down the road

Platinum Member
    You are definitely over reacting. Maybe she's gone a bit overboard, but frankly, I think it's sweet of her to attempt to give you cover. Now, just make sure you present as convincingly as possible...and give her the credit for making it happen

Sounds to me like an opportunity to go shopping for all those girl things you will need!

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

She is definately VERY supportive. I was just trying to figure out why she would do this without asking my opinion first. Looks like a fun time over the next week.

Thanks, Ladies. I appreciate your wisdom.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

the option is there now so its up to you to choose what to do . it was nice of her to do it but maybe she should have asked . it does sound like her heart was in the right place.
    finaly trying to mind this poor body that ive been thrashing for years .

I'd definitely thank her.... and start betting more! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Look at it this way; She just opened a door for you, and when people see you dressed to the 9's
    well it will just be seeing someone losing a bet. No other explanations needed.
    And I would sure use this to the advantage of getting her to take you shopping, Get all the mileage
    you can get. Have fun.
    Rader

....and keep making more bets (that you know you will lose)!

Banned Read only
    When OPPORTUNITY knocks...some people answer and some don't.

Which kind will YOU be?

This protects her from social embarrassment because you are violating defined gender boundaries if you go out.

This could provide you with an opportunity to expand your own world without being a threat to how others want "reality" to be by pushing through any fears you have of being seen in public.

She has laid the ground work to protect both of you so now it is up to you to decide whether or not to take advantage of it.

Halloween is a wonderful opportunity for self expression until you reach that point where halloween can be any day of the year which I think of as being an individual
    in this grand experiment called life.

As you say she is supportive I am sure she is doing ti with the best of motives.

I personally would grab the opportunity - I've used the lost a bet tale to wander round asda at 2am wearing a maids outfit - I hadn't of course (though my SO knows) but the story gave me some confidence.

If you turn this opportunity down your fiancee may well not feel she wants to make the effort to go out on a limb for you again. Maybe ask her if she is sure she want to be out with you in public dressed and as long as she seems confortable too - get out there!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    ....and keep making more bets (that you know you will lose)!
    Great idea!!! we dont even have to specify what the be was...it might have been my wife bet i would like to dress like a woman all the time. Darn, she won....now i Must dress every day for a year! Maybe we can bet on it again next year!

Just go with it! Have fun,and tell us all about it!!lol

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think u 2 have communication issues, Cath!

She came up with this story without consulting u, and you're asking us WHY?

Better get them straightened out before they get WORSE! Or, I see problems ahead for u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

To me it sounds like something someone would do if they were embarrassed about it and were going for damage control. It's like she's saying to them "Oh he's not really a crossdresser, he just lost a bet". Dunno... if it were me in your position I'd be wondering just how supportive she really is. That's how it seems to me anyway.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Catherine
    What would you do if your SO did this? Apparently my fiancée has been going around all week telling everyone (including my 25 year old son) that I lost a bet and had to dress like a girl for Halloween. I made no such bet and had nothing to do with this. I think she thinks she is helping me. I obviously don't mind dressing like a girl, but the whole just telling everyone thing and saying I HAVE to go out in public is another thing all together.
    [SIZE="2"]I would immediately whip out the dictionary, re-evaluate the words “significant” and “other,” and tell the offending party that I don’t like being FORCED to crossdress, or do anything, against my will. Perhaps she’s hoping to humiliate you in some way, and, in a roundabout manner, either bring you to your knees or your senses. I smell a “control freak,” and I’m a long ways away…

She wants everybody to laugh at you, which is what they’ll do, mark my words. Personally, I would stay home, NOT dress, and feel empowered doing so. This is why it’s not a good idea to disclose the fact that you crossdress, although it can be a kind of “litmus” test, used to see who you’re dealing with, or what the REAL nature of the person may be. Maybe it’ll work out, or maybe it won’t, but there are better, and easier, ways to crossdress and maintain your precious equilibrium…

Of course, I COULD be wrong - it's happened before...
    [/SIZE]

I am still hoping my wife will go out with me (dressed as a normal female) on Halloween this year. If it has to be losing a bet, that's fine, I'll still do it.

In reality, most of us will probably do a good enough job of presenting female that we will be read. I don't care though, I'll be away from people I know.

As to why she did this without asking you, you'll have to ask her. Or not, as the situation presents itself.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would let her know it was a wrong thing to do and I would wonder just what her motives were.
    To out you and make your life hell?
    I would stipulate that she is to dress in clothes 3 sizes too small and tease her hair a mile high and over do the make up.
    Then see what her reaction is.
    I smell a rat sorry.

Banned Read only
    I think THE most important thing to keep in mind here, is... regardless of WHO your fiance told or WHY she told them is irrelevant. You don't HAVE to do anything. It IS your choice.

Oh, and one more thing. It is "just" Haloween, the purpose of which is to simply have some fun the last time I checked.

Yes, you're overreacting, but it will pass in about a week.