Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can do this! Right?

I can do this! Right?

Ok, I have been planning to have a birthday/Halloween party this Sat with a very few friends who know about my dressing. Really only one of them has ever seen me dressed before. Anyways, we got a suit in a hotel this Sat, and I am going dressed in my Wedding Gown, as a Bride. That's the whole reason I went ahead with buying the dress. I always have wanted a Bridal gown and this gives me a good reason to have gotten it. I figured, since I got such a lovely dress, I might as well go all out, so I got everything a Bride would have on her big day, except a bouquet. I even made an appointment to have makeup done, and be given a make over, prior to the party. I am just going to leave the store where I am getting makeup done at, and driving (while wearing my dress) to the hotel. Afterwards, I have been invited to a club to meet some new people (a crossdressing support group) for a Halloween party there.

I really want to go, and plan to, but the issue is....
    I have never been out in public dressed before. On top of that, wearing a Wedding dress WILL draw attention. I keep telling myself, "it's Halloween", but I don't know this place The party is at, and I really don't know these people either. I do believe its safe, and the venue seems legit. They do have advertised on their website, some of the same info given to me. So I am going to do this.
    I just need some support and encouragement to get out there en femme.
    Katie.

Will they let you dress when you get there? Would that simplify things?

First, this sounds really, really cool. What a fabulous idea! Do you know how cool this is going to be?

Second, so what if you attract attention? How could that be bad for you?

You only get so many chances at something like this, Katie. Do it. You have to do it. Don't miss a chance like this, you never ever know if you will get another one.

I am rooting for you!!!

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Change at the party I can't see how you could drive in the gown.

Go out, have fun, you won't regret it! I started going out practically as soon as I began dressing regularly. I have never had a problem and most people I meet are very friendly and curious. Some have become great friends. If I knew I would get this kind of reaction, I would have dressed out much sooner. The wedding dress may be difficult to drive in as was said above, but its your night, have a great time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Have fun and be sure to tell us how it turned out.Wear sensible shoes for driving,and getting here and there.You will be the hit of the ball!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Aspiring Member
    Yes, you can do this! I have a feeling this is going to be a big succes! Yes, remember on the surface its "Halloween" (ease thru the night) but deep down its "me".

GEEZ LU WEEZ !!! Just STOP talking yourself out of it ,,,, Just get your makeup done an get dressed at the party like traci said ,,,Dammmmmmmmmm ,,,, I would take a killer dress woth me to the makeup place an get a 2 for 1 out of it ,, Now thats just me ,,, Don't make me come up there ,,,LOL,,,,Just tell um I told ya to do it ,,,EVERYBODY knows I am STUPID !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaQ View Post
    Yes, you can do this! I have a feeling this is going to be a big succes! Yes, remember on the surface its "Halloween" (ease thru the night) but deep down its "me".
    I just want to add, RELAX, act normal, its okay.

Few yrs ago we were in Louisville, KY at a large ethinic get together, 200-300+ people. There was an obviuos skinny gay guy there with a CDer. The problem is that the CDer really looked okay, but the way she acted was really out of place. She avoided all eye contact, kept head low, tried to cover face with hair, and tried to about cover everything else up. About all we could see were eyes and a head hung down. She was overdressed with a jacket. Now, if she would have "acted' normal and "played" the part it would have went 99% better, and most probably would not have noticed nor cared. It had to be her first time out ever.

Thanks Girls. I really just keep needing the encouragement. Like I said, it'll be my first time out in Public dressed. I DO HOWEVER PLAN TO DO IT. I CAN do this. I plan to DO this, and I will do this. I want to have a Good Time, and have Fun. I Will also take lots of Pictures, and of course share them with all of you.

As for getting dressed at the venue, well I don't know if that can be done, plus I don't think that will be really practical either. The plan for the day is as follows.

1) Go to hotel, check in, and set up for my private party with friends first. Plan to leave my personal belongings there. Shave.
    2) Go to store for makeup & Make over. While at store, Get Dressed in Wedding Gown. A Photo session will be conducted there too, afterwards.
    3) Return back to hotel (in dress and make up) for party with my friends.
    4) Go out to other side of city for second party, with CD support group. (Again, still dressed)
    5) return for final time to hotel, to spend night.

I don't see how it would be practical to change into my dress on two different occasions. Plus, (for those who have never worn a Wedding Gown), a Wedding gown is not something that is easily donned. It takes another person to get me into the dress. My gown has a corset back, and unlike a normal corset, I can not lace myself up in this dress. Driving in the dress will also be an issue, as mentioned. It's a big poofy dress, and I have a crinoline underskirt with it, giving the skirt lots of volume, and I drive a Mini Cooper. Lol. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Anyways. I WILL HAVE FUN.
    Katie.

If you are going to look anything like your avatar pic, I see no problem whatsoever. Even if you don't wearing a bridal gown stirs up all kinds of feelings that are worth the effort. Enjoy Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Getting around in a wedding gown might be tricky...maybe bring along a change ...like a nice skirt and top so you have some mobility.

Sounds like you have a great day planned. Enjoy.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Aspiring Member
    Good for you, enjoy yourself. I know we all want to see photo shoot pictures. Have a great time, I'm sure it will be a blast.

Enjoy your time perhaps consider having someone else drive you

I can only predict two reactions. It's halloween. Your in a costume, or, you're a beautiful bride. The only comment either way should be congradulations. Walk in there like you own the place, and enjoy your day! Remember, most GG brides are extremely nervous on the big day. -Celeste

Hey! Its ok to stand out on Halloween!!It is OK to draw attention! Have fun and go for it!! It will be a blast.

I also have experienced driving in a large dress and petticoats.
    You can fill the front of the car up easily.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes you can do this .enjoy it it will be fun

Don't drive...get a limo and go all the way. It may be a once in a lifetime....live it up.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Do it! Its worth it, just for the experience to see what a woman goes through if nothing else. I did a similar thing as a corpse bride a few years ago with my spouse and it was a blast! I drove with the dress on, but be careful. Mine was big, it had a lot of material on the bottom and the crinolan made it push up even more, but it was not too hard to squish it all down to hold the stearing wheel. If you plan to drink anything, and are not going with a friend, then it may be more fun to take a taxi or something like that... You may want to surprise all your friends, but it may be more fun if you get some to do brides maids or groom so your friends can enjoy it too! (some of your male friends may actually be jealous of your great costume...believe it or not!) As far as TG...goes, not the time to feel self conscious, park your inner feelings for the night and think of it as a wild and crazy costume that you always thought would be cool to do...if your friends ask why, just tell them you thought it would be fun! and figured in for a penny in for a pound... no heavy explainations...leave that stuff for some other time. You want to have fun, be the life of the party (its a great chance to be a little wild). Show people a good time. When I did it, I took my wife to a club (it turned out that only half the people dressed up and the club was a bit of a dive..was just a regular red neck biker bar...almost) so we hit the town crashing other partys and had a ball. People will approach you and make all kinds of odd comments...but just joke with them. Don't try too hard to fool anyone or hurt anyone's feelings, but it can be fun to play with people a little bit. You will find out that you get hot and the dress gets very heavy. Your feet will get sore and its hard to move around in a crowd. People may want your picture with them and that's fun to do. One thing we did in clubs was to find a table near the DJ because that's where the girls hang out and you may meet many nice woman there...they will come over just to talka bout your dress. We had two single females hang out with us because they felt safe and thought our costumes were cool (we talked about cooking baking cookies etc!). Had some funny experiences, climbed over a patio railing in the dress and heels and the bouncer was rolling on the floor laughing at the situation. You will not regret doing it!
    Chickie

Absolutely agree with Cheryl about getting a car and driver. Take friends along in the car and arrive as a group. Last thing you need is a wreck and if this is your first time driving while dressed that is a real risk. Now go and have fun!

Isn't halloween all about drawing attention to yourself?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Do it, I know you can. I worked in Cincy for a few months and I went out dressed nearly every weekend.

I agree that a car & driver is a good idea OR a friend to drive you.

Enjoy yourself.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I Love the whole Limo and driver idea. :-) I just can't do that, being on such a tight budget and all. If money wasn't a issue, then I would be all over that.

Plans just keep coming together, and things are shaping up nicely for the parties. Have a friend who might be chauffeuring me around, but still the thought of me, in a wedding gown, driving around town in a Mini, is just so much fun.
    Katie.