Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can do this! Right?

Tomorrow is the BIG Day!!!! I'm so excited. To bad though the weather has changed, and it's gotten cold, and the rain, don't get me started on it. I just hope my heels don't get ruined. They are dyeables, and yes I have waterproofing spray for them.
    Katie.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I envy you Angel! That's one of my big fantasies...to get all dressed up in a beautiful wedding dress, veil, bouquet, heels, the whole deal. I hope you have a LOT of fun with it! And you'll be beautiful; brides can't help it.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Angel,

Which would you prefer to do, go to your party or go to the hospital? Driving in a wedding gown is asking for something to happen while you are driving. Many girls have trouble driving in heels let along a skirt that will fill the whole front seat. If you haven't been out before, just driving in heels would be a challenge. So, if you want some advise from an old gal who has been driving en femme for 30 + years, get a friend to drive. Don't spoil the otherwise fabulous plans by driving yourself and getting into an accident. It just isn't worth it.

Have fun.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Thank You LeannL. Your thoughts and consideration for my safety is very kind.

Well, I DID IT! I'm currently at my hotel room, waiting for friends to show up. I'm all dolled up in my dress, makeup and hair done. Had some pictures taken at the shop where they did my makeup and hair at. I Drove myself back here, (That was fun. Dress didn't really take up that much space in my car like I thought it might, but I was more afraid of getting it caught in the door.) Had a few comments given to me, waiting on the elevator to go up to my room. A family of a few women saw me, and told their little ones, "Bride First." They asked me if it was for a Halloween party, and where the Groom was at? Other then that, had one guy just stare at me, and when I got to my floor, he got out, and walked ahead of me, as fast as he could, trying to get away. It was funny. Anyways, I've gotta go, I'll try and post some pictures later.

Love Katie.
    Katie.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsetAngel View Post
    A family of a few women saw me, and told their little ones, "Bride First." They asked me if it was for a Halloween party, and where the Groom was at?
    Ah that's nice, they treated you right but they also teased you a little bit.
    When you see your ship go sailing...

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Getting around in a wedding gown might be tricky...maybe bring along a change ...like a nice skirt and top so you have some mobility.
    That's my only concern for you. It's tough to move around in a nice big wedding dress. Good luck. You may actually be somewhere in the process as I write this on Sat the 27th. Looking forward to seeing pics.
    Mary

OMG WOW! I'm so happy for you! I so wanna see those pics later!

(Sorry, I don't often get all giddy like this, but that's how reading your post made me feel, Katie. Sigh! )

- Amy
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan M View Post
    First, this sounds really, really cool. What a fabulous idea! Do you know how cool this is going to be?

Second, so what if you attract attention? How could that be bad for you?

You only get so many chances at something like this, Katie. Do it. You have to do it. Don't miss a chance like this, you never ever know if you will get another one.

I am rooting for you!!!

Meghan
    I concur with Megan. Have a BLAST

Go for it Angel!!!! this is the only life you get, and you have to live it as yourself.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

I've got pictures. As soon as I can get them re-sized to be able to download on here, I will. Been busy though the last few days, school, work, Homework, School, repeat..... Heck, I can't even seem to find the time to eat or sleep.
    Katie.

Aspiring Member
    See! We told you that you could do it! You are absolutely stunning! By the looks of the pictures I am sure you had a wonderful outing...

OMG Katie, that's beautiful! I told you brides couldn't help but be beautiful!

And I am sooooooo jealous of you right now! I would love to look that gorgeous someday!

- Amy

Katie.

Katie.

Aspiring Member
    So...we are all dying to know...whats next?

Haven't really put any thought into what's next. I need to buy some dresses. I've got tons of lingerie, but hardly any outer wears. Money, though is just going to be tight for me, for awhile. I'm trying to look for a new job, (better pay, and closer to where I live, and go to school. Plus, I really HATE my current job, just need to hang onto it, till something better) attend school, homework, etc.... Oh, and Christmas is coming.
    Katie.

You look happy in those pictures, Katie. You should be! I'm happy for you just sitting here.

I got myself all "done up" for once, but I still don't have a lot of feel for it and my attempt at a "smoky eye" fell kind of flat with my fiancee. Certainly not as good as your eyes.