Thread: Tires Slashed

Tires Slashed

Ok, so everyone remembers that story I posted about being pulled over and I got hounded for it, but what is strange is when I got pulled over the tire deflated almost instantly. I found out why. I went to Wal-Mart and tried having my tire repaired, but I got called back during the process and the worker told me that both of my tires had been slashed. He showed me the puncture on the one tire that deflated a couple days ago and then showed me something strange. Someone had tried to puncture the other tire, but instead had gone all out on it stabbing it repeatedly and not going through the outter wall to punctue it completely.

Angela

Im sorry to hear that if you can put up a camera catch the person whos doing it .dont get down over it just try to catch them .hand in there Angela .Have A Woderful Day

I would definitely try and get some proof the next time it happens. The police would be very interested that... Not sure, but I think that would almost fall under attempted homicide. Kinda like cutting the brake lines. If that tire decides to blow at high speed, the results would be real bad.

I hope it never happens again. But be ready if it does. Then you can hang whoever is doing it by their hangy-down parts.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

Well if there is any good news here, it's that the enemies you have don't seem to be the sharpest knives in the drawer. In more than one way. Don't know how to slice a tire correctly for gosh sakes? Sounds as bad as a suicide bomber taking his equipment out for a live dress rehersal.

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Odds are it's just some local punks randomly striking out, so try not to take it personally.

Depending upon where you park too, it could have been captured on tape by one of the various incarnations of Big Brother. If you are in a high-rise building with an underground garage, chances are it was taped. If you park in a spot within LOS (line of sight) of a major intersection with traffic lights, the culprit is probably on candid camera. Or like Krissy suggested, set up your own cam and handle it that way. If you happen to see them in the act though, call the police and don't get involved personally. No set of radials is worth a stab wound. Keep your head up and don't let them get to you. Sorry to hear about that awful experience.

Angry Re: Tires Slashed

Some vandals around my area also. A few months ago my passenger side mirror was ripped off. The mirror has a remote adjust cable, so the mirror just flopped down. There was enough mounting left to jam the mirror in part that was still attached to the door so it didn't cause further damage. Then purchased some Epoxy and used that to place the mirror back on the door. Seems to be holding. Same night several other cars had air let out of their tires. Then last week a car had a rock thrown through the windshield and broke it. To make matters worse the vandals put sugar in the gas tank. The lady didn't know about the sugar and drove about a mile then the engine killed. She could not afford repairs, the car didn't have compressive insurance to cover damage. Car was about fifteen years old and rusty. She donated the car to a church group and the church group received the value of the scrap. The woman may have been the target of a hate crime. She belongs to the Mormon church. She had a "Romney for president" bumper sticker on the rear bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    Well if there is any good news here, it's that the enemies you have don't seem to be the sharpest knives in the drawer. Don't know how to slice a tire correctly for gosh sakes? Sounds as bad as a suicide bomber taking his equipment out for a live dress rehersal.

the dangerous part is if the tire doesn't rupture at the time it is slashed, the wheel will heat up and would probably blow out while driving. A friend with a checkered past told me this a long time ago.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet_CD View Post
    She belongs to the Mormon church. She had a "Romney for president" bumper sticker on the rear bumper.
    My bumper sticker says, "Obi-wan Kenobi/Yoda 2012, they're our only hope." I'm very much afraid that the supporters of "Kirk/Spock 2012, the logical choice" will retaliate on my car with phasers set to 'disable.'

All kidding aside, regardless of political affiliation, slapping on a bumper sticker on for candidate A or candidate B is a good way to get unwanted attention. It stinks that we live in a world like that where people will perform misguided acts based on somebody's political affiliation. I park in an open area where such mischief could also easily occur. So the last thing I want is to slap my political preference on my bumper. Especially with election day so close, the day after there will be a lot of disappointed people walking around PO'ed that their guy lost. At such a time, a bumper sticker that advertises for the winner will be like a bulls-eye for the dissatisfied supporters of the losing candidate.

Banned Read only
    Time to kick off the heels and put on the combat boots(Im going to have me some fun)

Thera

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    First of all, find out somehow if this is just a random act or you are being targeted specifically for whatever reason. Next, if you find this might be directed at you, you need to find out who and try to catch them. There are a variety of methods you can use. Is there anyone you may suspect? Maybe someone who has harassed you or made comments before? My advice would be to park where you know cameras are in use, if possible. If that's not possible, maybe you have a friend who can perform some surveillance after you have left your car unattended. Hope you catch the little b********. Hope this helps, Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

Angry Re: Tires Slashed

Quote Originally Posted by rocketscientist View Post
    First of all, find out somehow if this is just a random act or you are being targeted specifically for whatever reason. Next, if you find this might be directed at you, you need to find out who and try to catch them. There are a variety of methods you can use. Is there anyone you may suspect? Maybe someone who has harassed you or made comments before? My advice would be to park where you know cameras are in use, if possible. If that's not possible, maybe you have a friend who can perform some surveillance after you have left your car unattended. Hope you catch the little b********. Hope this helps, Tonya
    The parking lot of the building I live has six video cameras. The cameras did not catch the perpetrators! Also police claimed they were going to patrol the area more frequently. All well and good promises, only takes a minute or two to do vandalism and hide into the night. Also have a private security service patrol, but maybe they are not around when the vandals are? Not only the building parking lot but other vehicles in the neighborhood were vandalized also.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm sorry you'e having hoodlum problems, Angela. Nothing worse than some idiots sneaking around at nite. Any chance of parking over nite in a safer spot?

The problem is with the term, "slashing tires". Which makes u think u can just cut a tire with a knife and cause it to deflate. It should be changed to, "poking a hole in the sidewall". Which requires something like an icepik.

But, don't pass that info on! No sense helping morons vandalize your vehicles. Just keep the info to yourself in case u need it in the future! Ha ha!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!