Thread: scarves, necklaces and hiding the apple

Banned Read only

scarves, necklaces and hiding the apple

I notice a lot of us really don't try to hide the adams apple. Mine isnt that big, but since its pretty obvious we are still guys, should I still do the scarve? I think sometimes it just looks too much with an already nice outfit. Thanks for reading

If you feel comfortable with out it then thats the way I would go. Mines small so I dont try to hid it aand just go for it.
    Renee

Banned Read only
    This is why i just do the jeans ant tops teens and early 20s would wear as this scarf looks great. however, i need a necklasse that will go with dressier stuff

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love the scarf look but have never tried it.

I am cursed with a prominent adam's apple. If you don't do the scarf right it just draws attention to that area, which isn't what you want. I find the best thing is to wear clothes that lead the eye down from the throat, like v-necked tops and long necklaces. Also wearing your hair/wig in a style that helps cover it from the side helps.

Banned Read only
    is there any good make up tips to blend it a little?

I use scarves or turtlenecks, or other high neck sweaters.

I don't have one to hide

Call me lucky! I don't have one to hide! But I too like the scarf look!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I've told this story once or twice before, I'll tell it again.

Once upon a time, I had very little of the apple thing going on (as in next to nothing). Then one day, cancer struck and when a bunch of lymph nodes were removed from my neck, they zipped me up tighter and voila, an apple of my own.

I spent a lot of time (as in years) trying to hide it but really, the turtlenecks in the summertime get old very fast, not to mention the style limitations doing so imposes on your fashion choices. So I decided to own my apple and have never looked back. I go where I want and wear what I please. If this gives me away, so be it.

Most of us have something that is a challenge to overcome. Some of these things can be helped. Others, such as height, frame, the apple and even shoe size can't. So why fight it? Why try to hide it? Embrace your strengths and ignore those things that cannot be helped. Life is much sweeter that way.

Unless of course you are perfectly content in turtlenecks all the time.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Aspiring Member
    Umm...Adams apple? I never thought about hiding it. I guess mine is not very big/noticable, but I am sure I have other noticable "man" things.

Although Adam's apples are more prominent in men, though it's rare, it is possible for genetic females to have prominent Adam's apples. So don't worry so much about it. =)

This concerns me a lot, too. Here's one of my solutions. And it was about $12 at Claire's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sophia Claire; 10-30-2012 at 12:53 AM.
    "Who are they? Are they the half that we've lost - the H2 to our O, that have joined as water to make streams, seas, waterfalls, waves, storms?"
    - From "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin

I used to wear chokers occasionally when dressed up, until one night a girl asked me why?
    She asked me to take it off and wear a pearl necklace she had instead.
    I did as she asked and nothing was ever said. I do not have a prominent adam's apple and a choker apparently did not suit my neck line.
    The girl never knew I was anything but....
    I was all smiles with every body for ever after.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Turtle necks and polo necks make your shoulders look broader, so wearing them may be more of a 'tell' than your adams apple.

I believe unless they look real close, or it really sticks out big time, most won't notice, because they are not looking for it.
    There is a woman on TV, Anne Colter, now that's an Adams Apple!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    There is a woman on TV, Anne Colter, now that's an Adams Apple!
    And she has an unusually long neck as well. I've noticed her adams apple.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I keep forgetting I have one! lol I don't even try to hide it..... not like its very prominent anyway.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    I have seen some who's efforts to hide their Adams Apple only serve to draw attention to it. I am with Sarah, highlight your best features and accept your limitations.

I prefer V shaped necklines and jewlery to draw the eyes down rather than try to cover up the AA.

If someone doesn't pick up on any of the dozens of other cues to your biology, then they will probably miss the AA.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

I don't have one to hide, in spite of being a very deep basso profundo!

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I really like wearing scarves but I dont have a big adams apple, rather I have a thick neck which a scarf can work to hide i think...necklaces though, can be tricky for me.

Mine is not that big and, looking around, you'll find that a fair number of GGs sport a little lump on their neck!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]