Thread: An adventure like no other (Long)

An adventure like no other (Long)

Friday night I went to SRO and had a truly great time. When I went to leave my car was gone. It had been towed by the police because I was blocking a drive way, but it was only the length of my trailer hitch. Turns out the same cop tows cars from that spot weekly. So, I had to take a cab home and then a cab to where the car was. Dressed of course. They would not release my car because the resistration is in my wife's trust name. Lots of argument with attendent, who treated me like shit and told me to F..K off.. Cab back home. Called coperate offices (now 3 AM) and person that answered said that a power of attorney would do. I have one, but it is for Durable P fo A for health. He said it would do. Cab back to lot and attendant said he did not care because it was for health reasons. Called police and two officers show up. Ome male (who I know) and one female. I'm still dressed. Tell them the story and show paper work. Thet agree with me, but say it is a civil matter and they can do nothing. Note: my wife is overseas on a trek to Mt. Everest and not reachable. So, a ride home in a cop car and finally home at 4:45 AM. Still dressed. Did not get my car until yesterday when I talked to the manager and showed him that the insurance describes the car and my name is on it. Total cost for everything $600, but have to say that the cops were very respectful of my "condition".

Bet when you told them your wife is "unreachable"cause she is on Mt Everest,they didn't believe you!! Are you having fun yet?
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Platinum Member
    What a miserable way to spend a late night en femme!

Quite the adventure One I am sure you can do without again. Glad it worked out and you had no trouble be dressed that is always encouraging. I will certainly be careful when I park in that area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

And you're game to go back there???

What a mess, I'm glad it turned out alright. Bet you slept good afterwards.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    "Unlike any other" may be the understatement of the season. Just having a car impounded is bad enough but I think we can give you a lot of extra points for the level of difficulty and your tenacity. I only hope some of it was saved on video and will be on You-tube eventually.
    Last edited by Sandra; 11-01-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Removed political reference
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Sara, how is a six hundred dollar tow bill worked out alright? Alice what a horrible night, if you survived that you can go anywhere dressed!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

That sounds like a horror story that's told around holloween time! Main thing is that you are ok!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Ouch! I recently went to a city that had such complicated parking rules they acutally have a website dedicated to it and a complicated map with zones marked out...that prompted me to check my own city's parking rules and I read in there...I think it was $75 for being parked with your tires farther than 6" away from the curb... also for driveways, you need to be 5 feet from each side... Anyhow, I know of no one who can park that close... seems to me like there are too many rules to break when some else is having a bad day. Doesn't seem fair at all. I'm glad they liked your attire, I bet the thought of using your wife's ID crossed your mind?
    Chickie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a horrible nite, Alice! I'm sorry u had to suffer thru that nitemare!

However, it makes me feel a lot better about my decision last nite. Pulling into a strip mall parking lot across from Disneyland with many vacant parking places, I momentarily thot of parking there despite the "1 hour limit" signs posted. It would have been so easy instead of spending the next 45 minutes fiting my way into the official Mickey Mouse lot 5 times further from the entrance.

I didn't, when I thot of returning and having to find my towed car dressed as Cat Woman!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes it was quite an interesting experience to say the least. Had nothing to do with SRO. Still a fun and safe place and I'll be going back tonight and on Friday with Sara Jessica, who is coming down. It is interesting that I was able to send a text to my wife about what was happening and got a response back, which I showed to the manager on Monday. It helped with the release. I think the attendent that I delt with (not the brightest bear in the woods) believed me, but demanded a noterized statement, which was impossible. The final insult was that there were two tickets on the car when I got it back. One for blocking the drive way and one for a citizen complaint. Neber heard of that one before.

$600 to get your car back is a crime. I suppose legally it isn't but morally it's robbery. Tow truck and impound lot people have way too much power over vehicle owners.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I know and now they glorify impound lots and towing services with TV shows. There is a bright side to all of this (I think?). All the neighbours now know the story and that I was dressed. One of them had to take me to get my car Monday. The word quickly spread and several have asked me to dress tonight for Halloween, so they can see me. All were very positive about it. So...I'm already fully dressed and awaiting the first arrival.

Alice B , I am sorry to hear of the problems you had getting your car back. The shows you see on TV about tow companies do not represent the professional ones.
    Most towing companies are very helpful to their customers, but as you know their is always a few who make it look bad for the rest.