Thread: Outing myself a little more

Exclamation Outing myself a little more

I went to my Wednesday senior activity center today as "Janet". At the activity center there is a computer center with eight computers, 4 with Windows XP, One with Windows Vista and three with Windows 7. I and about five others assist other older adults with computer learning or helping them with computer issues they might have. Have been going to the activity center for about ten years and helping others with computer learning. I have slowly dropped hints, wearing woman's jeans most of the time, wearing woman's type tops, carrying a woman's purse, wearing a woman's ski jacket for the last two winters. Today I went in a skirt, woman's top, nylon stockings and ankle boots with two inch heels and a little make up. One woman who is at the front desk seen me come in and said "I see you have your Halloween outfit on" Then she seen I was wearing a skirt and said "Oh cool!". The janitor was in the computer center finishing cleaning. He said, "Your wearing a skirt!" I said yes and have been dressing for quite a few years in woman's clothes. He said "your full of surprises these days." Then the other helpers started to come in first a woman who started with myself and one other person ten years ago. She said "Oh your dressed up for Halloween?" I said yes and she said, "you look pretty snazzy". The others just mentioned my skirt and Halloween. I said I had been dressing up for over 25 years as a woman. Told them I had gone to Tri-Ess and to search that on the computer if they wanted to know more. Then later we didn't have any one in the center so we started to discuss updating the Vista computer to Windows 8. I mentioned that I had installed the Windows 8 update and made a few comments about the tiles screen etc. The other male who has been there for ten years said teasing me "you know I can't take you seriously when your dressed like that!". I said that's fine, I didn't bring any male clothes to change back into, so you will need to put up with my appearance the way I am. He laughed and went on to discuss Windows 8 install on the Vista computer. The woman who had been there from the start said there is a woman's daughter on the senior center advisory council who works for Microsoft and maybe able to get a few licenses with out charge from her.

I had a great experience coming out to the other helpers today.

Good for you but you will not be wearing those short sleeves very much longer in Minnesota!!

I'm so glad that you had such a positive experience. I think hearing positive experiences like yours give people like me a little more strength to do the things we want to do but are afraid to do. So thank you for sharing. Hugs Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Thumbs up Re: Outing myself a little more

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Good for you but you will not be wearing those short sleeves very much longer in Minnesota!!
    Yes for sure, it was a little cool this morning at 8:30 AM walking from the car to the center activity building. I had on my winter ski jacket though!

Sounds like you owned the situation and that's great! Hope all goes well for you in the future
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Great. Sounds like you had such a fun, positive day. Thank you for reporting to us.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Silver Member
    Janet - Great that you help others with your work. Good for you and thanks. Also, great that you are comfortable dressing at work and the experience is so positive.

Progress is just doing a little bit at a time.
    If you notice the other male there is getting used to you already.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lightbulb Outing myself a little more

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Janet - Great that you help others with your work. Good for you and thanks. Also, great that you are comfortable dressing at work and the experience is so positive.
    The senior activity center "job" is volunteering. Have learned so much from other helpers and helping others when I sit along side of them and have them do all the work! The smiles and thank you comments from the 'students' are great too!