Thread: Know You're Transgendered When . . .

Know You're Transgendered When . . .

Know You're Transgendered When . . . you arrive at the salon on Halloween for your routine manicure. You're wearing a denim mini-skirt, heels, and a butterfly embroidered top, full makeup, forms, etc. and your manicurist says "You're not wearing a costume! I've never seen you on Halloween without a costume!"

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Know You're Transgendered When . . .
    you'll stand up in court and testify whether you're nails are done or not.

Now that's a neat story!

Gorgeous manicure!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Girl, you have arrived at the station, and your ticket is punched, and yes, great manicure.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Platinum Member
    Yup, that's not a costume. Jeans, a baseball cap and a thirty would have been a costume!

Love the nails...Great story btw..

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Yup, that's not a costume. Jeans, a baseball cap and a thirty would have been a costume!
    Kim,
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a thirty?

Thanks.

Joanie B

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanie B View Post
    Kim,
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a thirty?

Thanks.

Joanie B
    I think a thirty is a 30 ounce beer mug?'....lol

I'm starting to wonder about you Persephone,
    Your costume is starting to sound too real.
    Someone just might wonder what is going on.
    Yep luv the nails....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Great nails - quite seasonal and quite tasteful

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I'm starting to wonder about you Persephone,
    Your costume is starting to sound too real.
    Someone just might wonder what is going on.
    Yep luv the nails....
    Hi Beverley!

Now you have me confused! What costume? What does "too real" mean? And what would they wonder? Please explain.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Persephone,
    I have been reading threads about people going out on Halloween dressed to perfectly and they are aprehensive of their friends thinking they may have some other interest. I was assuming you my have read it or picked up on the fact that you are going out correctly dressed and making a good job of it.
    Of course you were not in costume but if you had been starting out you may have made too good a job at "it".
    On the nails, I saw some lacquer advertised that is metallic, and magnetic.
    You put it on liberally and then hold a magnet close to the nail, creating a band of color.
    Then you move on to the next one and do that.
    Sorry to confuse you, and if I haven't explained properly please ask again.
    The original statement was a little out of context.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ah, Beverly, I'm getting slow in my old age! Now I've got it!

I do recall, back when I first started out, trying not to be "too good" on Halloween. That and being very afraid that if I wore feminine costumes in successive years people would "suspect."

Now, in real life, my big fear is that someone who knows me (en femme) will discover "him" some day! I never thought about it until now, but I guess if I ever did a Halloween costume as "him" I'd have to make sure I didn't make it "too perfect!" Guess I'd have to look like I was deliberately trying to walk like John Wayne or something!

Yes, I do know about that magnetic nail polish. I love it! I've had my manicurist do it a couple of times and am looking forward to doing it again.

Hugs,
    Persephone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara D. Rose View Post
    I think a thirty is a 30 ounce beer mug?'....lol
    Except in New York where it would be 2 15 oz mugs. Thank you Mayor Bloomberg!

Miki

Being "too good" was something I actually set out to do. In fact, several women questioned how I managed to know all my sizes, how and what I stuffed the bra with, how i developed mannerism such as crossing legs and posture, and in general how did I manage to be so ladylike. I thought that was awesome. This tells me that being too good did its job in my part (minus the voice, oiy!). My "dress" was incredibly casual, which was what I had wanted. One friend had a boyfriend that thought I was just one of her drag-queen friends toning it down for the night. To me, these were all compliments.

If these doesn't qualify me as transgender, then I am at least on the right path.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana