Thread: A truly amazing time away . . .

A truly amazing time away . . .

On this site I've read many, many thread about conflicted feelings in regards to CDing, unsupportive spouses, frustration with self-identity, bias and bigots, etc. So, I wanted to share with you a thread that goes in a completely positive direction in hope it's uplifting.

First, my situation: My wife knows, supports, and even encourages my CDing; I don't go out and don't want to; I'm am not gay, trans, bi, or anything like that (no offense to those that are, just stating where I am); only my wife knows and has known for years; and I prefer that the kids, friends, relatives not know. All that said, I love dressing and simply enjoy sharing experiences with my wife of more than 3 decades.

Now, on to the show: This whole week we've rented a secluded place away from home and are taking the entire week to dress and have fun -- to let Misty come out and play as we like to jokingly state. We have a closet full of clothes - dresses, skirts, gowns, blouses, leggings, capris, etc - as well as a table full of wigs (I think about 14 or so) and we are just having a blast dressing and trying on outfits.

Last night, and each night while here, we are dressing up in cocktail attire (think gowns and pumps with lots of jewelry bling) and enjoying candlelight dinner and romance. By day it's nail treatments with lots of color trials, manicures and pedicures, facials, hot tub time in matching bathing suits, cooking together while I'm dressed in more domestic attire (swing skirt, blouse, flats, yada-yada.) Even have snuggle time in our night wear by the fireplace.

Tonight I think we're planning a 40's theme with period background music and a bit of dressing to that era. Have an Ode to Sinatra night planned, and a contemporary clubbing theme evening coming up.

In all, we're just loving each other and each other's company. We've long since grown past the "what's it all mean" drama and are just enjoying being who we are and having fun with it. Maybe that gives hope to those who are wondering if a relationship can work with CDing as a part of the picture. In any event, I'm having a wonderful time with a most precious woman, and Misty is loving the play date

That sounds like great fun and it's great that your wife supports you and your dressing and seems to enjoy it. Are you going out dressed? Out like in public?

That would be my desire, to go to another town, away from folks we know, and just be Linda the entire time. Shopping, dining, sightseeing, etc. Just two girls on the town for a week.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Being isolated and in privacy is fabulous.
    Even being where you are not known is equally as good.
    You just step out the door and go shopping without even realising you are dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds like you and the wife are having a great time The important part is that your being you and your wife loves you enough to be supportive without the emotional drama that usually comes with all of this as my GF does which is so great As for going out dressed, your really missing out on some great adventures but at the same time, not going out keep you from the urges to do so again and again and again lol This may change in time but living your life your way is the best way to go
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Misty i am so happy for you in that your wife helps you out etc, and you keep hold of her, she truly is a good woman to have.

and enjoy your retreat maybe go out side for a walk ??

Misty I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and your wife is supportive and encourages you. My wife has known for 30 years and has always been supportive but not encouraging. So when I dress around the house its a tea party for one and that gets a little lonely. My wife and I are working on it in therapy but its slow. I do not go out dressed but I do under dress sometimes. I want more than just the walls of my house but I know that everyone has different wants and needs. Maybe if my wife was more encouraging Janelle wouldn't feel so lonely, but I still think I would want more. I'm very happy that you and your wife have a relationship that works well for the both of you.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds wonderful to me can a bunch of us come visit?
    J/K but you two are a perfect match.

Sounds like a wonderful week

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks. I do feel truly blessed and am savoring every moment. I'd like to think there are a lot more couples like us out there, but perhaps there're not sharing their stories.

As for going out, were in a very secluded wooded area and miles from the nearest house. I have ventured out down the trial and around the lodge. I'm thinking that's as safe an "outing" one can experience. My wife and I have discussed going out shopping, to dinner or a quiet, accommodating social club. However, we are both still far too reserved to go beyond the talk.

@Linda/Beverly/Claire - Nah. Just out like in the quiet wooded area around the lodge. Not public at all. Couldn't muster the courage for shopping for certain.
    @Miss Joanne - You are correct, if I did go out I would likely want more and more
    @Shy girl - I've found that having my wife join in the fun is audience enough. I have dressed alone, but somehow it's not the same as (or as fulfilling as) my loving fan club of one
    @TraciiG - Come on, girl! There's room for 6 in the hot tub!! Seriously, we have discussed the concept of doing a private retreat with another like couple or two. Not sure that will ever come to fruition, but one can dream . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    ........As for going out, were in a very secluded wooded area and miles from the nearest house. I have ventured out down the trial and around the lodge. I'm thinking that's as safe an "outing" one can experience. My wife and I have discussed going out shopping, to dinner or a quiet, accommodating social club. However, we are both still far too reserved to go beyond the talk. . .
    How about a drive in the car with you dressed? Go through the drive through for a snack or ice cream? Get out of the car to put the trash in the receptacle?

Go to a city or resort town and just walk the streets and see the sights? Smoething where you pass by other people but so quickly that there's no need for conversation. And you dissapear into the crowd.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

So many of us could do the same or simular adventure that you are doing. With the economy in the tank it is hard for a lot of the group to get set up and afford the accomadations, and then get the time off from work. But with all that said, there are other alternatives that are like in nature that with a little imagination and engenuity they can manage. I believe this is one of if not the best ideas that anyone ever shared. Even for the ones of us that can go out in public could use to experiance and share with their wife or SO to build on and become closer. I for one am envious of the Great Time you are having and So Happy for You! Have a good time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Banned Read only
    This is a fun story to read. I like to read it slowly and take in the visions as you describe. It is so romantic as well. Congratulations on having an accepting wife and one that also enjoys going to a lodge and escaping for a while. That is what a good vacation should be .lol And then of the dancing, that is so much fun too. We do that sometimes as well. It makes for such joyous times. It would be nice to have like 3 or 4 couples to gather and hang out like that too.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It is wonderful to read your story. Kudo's to both of you and I wish the very best for your future. While my wife is supportive I think that level of participation in my CD world is more than I could ask for. Yours is a special relationship and your wife deserves praise and that foot massage.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

That is truly one of the best relationships I have ever heard of and it had to be more than an amazing week. What a lot of fun with different dress story lines for day and evening. You must have an increadable collection of clothing and accessories. I'm jealous and I'm sure many others here are. Send photos.

well, we just drug ourselves out of the hot tub. Spent a couple of hours lounging in and out of it. A cool day, but that helped knock the heat off during the rest periods. We enjoyed wine, as well as several smoked cheeses on crackers of every flavor. Small talking, some fashion chat, and a planning the evening cocktail event. Oh, and we learned if we lotion up with moisturizer while still wet after brewing in the tub for a few hours, and let ourselves air dry, it makes for the smoothest of skin. Now it's time to do nails . . .

@Frankee - I hear you on the economics. We spent the last few years in stress mode over possible un-employment as my company went through round after round of layoffs and downsizing. We'd say little prayers after surviving each iteration. Thus, we've stuck to small stay-cations until now, and this is our "coming out" get away (pun intended) as things are looking better and we're financially more secure. In addition, we shopped for off season bargains, brought all our own food and drink, so our expense is gas getting here and about 100 dollars a day for lodge rent.
    @Linda -good idea, but I think we're now too lazy to leave the lodge . . that and we're having so much fun here.
    @Alice - I do have a wardrobe to die for {bragging.} That's just another advantage to having an encouraging spouse. She helps shop the bargains (garage sales, store closings, end-of-season sales, etc.) and collect great stuff for our get-aways.